Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:04 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Debt that was due to Bush and the tanking economy he left for Obama,
Unemployment because of greedy banks, not Obama's doing.

Those people are basically Americans and have grown up in the states and are in college and/or the military.
No sympathy for you on that point.

Since we all know that Subprime brought down our economy, let's look and see what part Obama had in that.

Bon appetit~

Explosive Video, Fannie Mae CEO calling Obama and the Dems t - YouTube

Old 06-21-2012, 11:09 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
because some men like to see the world burn

WHO likes to bee the world burn? sure isn't the Republicans, and by golly we have proof that it's the Democrats. Last video proved that Obama was thanked by the then-CEO of Fanny for being a prime pushing force in them writing so much SUBPRIME that now has brought down our economy.

Look at this video. This was hearings on the suspicion of too much subprime way back under BUSH...yeah, the GOP was "on it!" Watch and hear the dems in this hearing even resort to racist ranting, calling these very hearings a "lynching!"

However, watch and hear the GOP patiently and without lowering themselves to the same level of name-calling as the dems, press on for more oversight of this Subprime mess. (Hence the title of this thread could not BE more erroneous.)

Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Hearings 2004 - YouTube

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
The Republicans refuse to do anything positive to get the economy growing at a faster pace, since they are on a mission to make Obama a one term President. They rather see us suffer jobs loss, lower credit ratings, high employment - all to take down Obama. They are against anything that will help Obama's job bill.

Shame on you Republicans. Putting our nation in harms way for political power.
It's engrained into the history of the US.

90% of them don't know any better. They don't have the intellect to understand they are being brainwashed by right wing propaganda designed to divide Americans along racial and cultural lines.

The fact of the matter is these elderly white middle and lower class voters would never stand for fellow whites to be treated they way they want minority groups to suffer.

The bottom line is they're willing to spite their own family's well being before they allow brown people to benefit from government social programs.

It's a very base and primitive sense of whats is in their best interest that drives them......loyalty to people only who look like me, and are from "my tribe".

They can't get past their hard wiring, so rich elites just come in con their asses.

Last edited by padcrasher; 06-21-2012 at 11:26 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Giving tax breaks to the rich is NOT working. You cannot tell me that hiring more police, fireman, teachers and construction workers to build roads, bridges and buildings in this country is not going to help the economy. You are saying it would HURT the economy?
Of course it doesnt help. Where the hell do you think the money comes from? It must be REMOVED from the economy. If you want the economy to improve, you dont remove money from it.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It's engrained into the history of the US.

90% of them don't know any better. They don't have the intellect to understand they are being brainwashed by right wing propaganda designed to divide Americans along racial and cultural lines.

The fact of the matter is these elderly white middle and lower class voters would never stand for fellow whites to be treated they way they want minority groups to suffer.

The bottom line is they're willing to spite their own family's well being before they allow brown people to benefit from government social programs.

It's a very base and primitive sense of whats is in their best interest that drives them......loyalty to people only who look like me, and are from "my tribe".

They can't get past their hard wiring, so rich elites just come in con their asses.
I expect postings from you full of hate, racist, and dumb.. Thanks for not disappointing..

Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Nice rant.

If I had to pick the lesser of two evils as you point out, I rather have Obama. Romney seems so out of touch.
I dont care if they are out of touch.. I do however care if they know what the hell they are doing and dont spend all day bashing americans for their own personal gain.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I love how Democrats act like they aren't blocking everything from passing. It's no secret. Democrats will not pass any bills that will reflect positively on the nation. It's a fact.
Quote:
Name one.
Where's the budget?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Of course it doesnt help. Where the hell do you think the money comes from? It must be REMOVED from the economy. If you want the economy to improve, you dont remove money from it.
It's not quite so simple. Those firefighters and police officers are also going to put money back into the economy by spending their paychecks at a variety of businesses. Those business owners will in turn be able to spend more money at other businesses. Those business owners will again spend some of those incremental dollars at another business, and so on. All of this helps bolster the employment at all of those businesses and the spending done by all of those employees as well...

No one is saying that you should have way too many firefighters and cops. But you want to know a sure way to deliver a blow to the economy? Fire all of them with no other alternative jobs available. Then they will spend nothing while contributing no useful services of any kind to society.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's not quite so simple. Those firefighters and police officers are also going to put money back into the economy by spending their paychecks at a variety of businesses. Those business owners will in turn be able to spend more money at other businesses. Those business owners will again spend some of those incremental dollars at another business, and so on. All of this helps bolster the employment at all of those businesses and the spending done by all of those employees as well...

No one is saying that you should have way too many firefighters and cops. But you want to know a sure way to deliver a blow to the economy? Fire all of them with no other alternative jobs available. Then they will spend nothing while contributing no useful services of any kind to society.
All of that spending would have taken place if it wasnt removed from the economy to begin with.

What do you think people do with it?

Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
I find it very interesting and also very telling that this thread is still open.

Meanwhile, this one has been locked:

Why are Democrats determined to destroy America?

Go figure........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies