Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Shhh all you commoners...the fake-rape fetish "professional pontificator" speaketh.

I Was a Warehouse Wage Slave | Mother Jones

I thought these folks wanted more manufacturing jobs in this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM

276 posts, read 236,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Shhh all you commoners...the fake-rape fetish "professional pontificator" speaketh.

He's right. Society owes him. If it wasn't for the racist, fascist, corporate forces working against him, he would be living in a state of financial bliss and self-actualization.

Damn Teabaggers!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:11 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

These aren't manufacturing jobs.

How someone can make fun of horrible working conditions is pathetic:
Quote:
The place is immense. Cold, cavernous. Silent, despite thousands of people quietly doing their picking, or standing along the conveyors quietly packing or box-taping, nothing noisy but the occasional whir of a passing forklift. My scanner tells me in what exact section—there are nine merchandise sections, so sprawling that there's a map attached to my ID badge—of vast shelving systems the item I'm supposed to find resides. It also tells me how many seconds it thinks I should take to get there. Dallas sector, section yellow, row H34, bin 22, level D: wearable blanket. Battery-operated flour sifter. Twenty seconds. I count how many steps it takes me to speed-walk to my destination: 20. At 5-foot-9, I've got a decently long stride, and I only cover the 20 steps and locate the exact shelving unit in the allotted time if I don't hesitate for one second or get lost or take a drink of water before heading in the right direction as fast as I can walk or even occasionally jog. Olive-oil mister. Male libido enhancement pills. Rifle strap. Who the fu** buys their paper towels off the internet? Fairy calendar. Neoprene lunch bag. Often as not, I miss my time target.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:11 AM

121 posts, read 133,617 times
Working for a living isn't much fun, usually, but an amazing number of people think it should be. Production work is mind-numbing, which is why it's hard to get people to do it. Just like you don't see folks lining up to do masonry work in the summertime.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM

121 posts, read 133,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

You think that's horrible?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
I wonder if this intellectual thumb twiddler owns child labor law violating Apple products?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Very interesting article. If you didn't know any better you'd think that was the life of a Chinese wage slave.
The only thing missing there are the live in dormitories.

How sad that this is an aspect of life in America

Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
She ought to come dig trenches for me in the 100 degree heat. That job would seem like heaven.

Asses and elbow people, asses and elbows.

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Maybe he should have got one of those shovel ready jobs his orator promised him.

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

I count how many steps it takes me to speed-walk to my destination: 20.

OOH MY GOD, HE HAS TO TAKE 20 STEPS.. How horrible, clearly we need government to get involved, maybe I can call up government and they can retrofit my warehouse for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies