Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
it's going to be legal in most places in the next ten years!! so please stop whinning..
He can always move to a Islamic fundamentalist country where it will continue to be illegal for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
Default Cannabis does not cause cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
No he didn't, he was paranoid and panicking - dying from a quarter ounce of cannabis. loooooooooooool It is impossible to overdose. Cannabis is 5 times more carcinogenic than tobacco however.

Why do some people say five times more carcinogenic than tobacco? Dictionary says a carcinogen is a cancer-causing substance. This is a theory based only on tar content. So far, medical researchers have found that THC, CBD (cannabidiol) & CBN (cannabinol) are all cancer fighters. At least 60 medical papers agree about the cancer-fighting ability.

However, to actually cure cancer, it seems smoking isn't good enough. Cannabis oil has been reported (anecdotes) to cure cancer & other painful & sometimes fatal illnesses. But most of the oil burns up b4
inhaling when smoking it. Now people write about juicing the raw plant. Top expert Lester Grinspoon MD, retired from Harvard Medical School, has identified 126 medical conditions where cannabis sometimes works better than pills. If Gary Johnson can win the presidency despite a MSM blackout, cannabis might be legal in 2013. Obama & Romney think it's OK to put harmless sick people in prison. Best wishes, all!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I oppose legalization of marijuana for the good of society. Would you agree that it's better to encourage doing something healthy for recreation?

That's my point. Alcohol is already a problem in society... why add yet another one? And I am not a prohibitionist.
I'm sorry that I don't agree with your version of "good for society." Locking up pot smokers, and wasting our taxpayer's money to incarcerate them when there are bigger fish to fry in this country is downright insane. Again, nobody is telling you that you have to partake. And by telling others that they can't enjoy something, because you don't like it, it does indeed make you a prohibitionist.

Quote:
It's not a tool. It's a mind-altering drug which is best avoided. Being for freedom does not mean allowing everything. That's ridiculous.
Being for freedom means that you support the right of the individual to live their lives as they see fit, even though you may disagree with it.

Quote:
I've yet to be pulled over for being under the influence of caffeine. Why do marijuana supporters always start making irrational comparisons?

An apples an oranges comparison (and you know it).

I (and other marijuana opponents) have explained this over and over again. I would try to explain it again, but I seriously doubt you would understand. And would it really do any good? Would you change your opinion?
What have you explained? Just more of the same ole, same ole. "I oppose marijuana, therefore, everyone else must do so as well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Just face it, you are a Prohibitionist and want to control others individual choices that have no affect on you.
I am inclined to agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The prohibitionists arguments are sounding more stupid as every day passes. Fortunately people are waking up to the truth, and the propaganda pushers are looking more foolish and ignorant than ever.
They are starting to sound desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You don't want to unban it, the difference is in the situation but your position is the same. You like paying billions a year destroying peoples' lives over pot.

Arbitrary authoritarians like you: "Pot ruins lives so if I catch you with it I'm going to ruin your life." Do you hear how backwards that sounds?
If you don't agree then you're grossly misinformed. Yes relatively harmless, compared to alcohol, tobacco, aspirin, cough syrup, stress, refined sugar, mcdonalds, hell any consumable really. Marijuana is impossible to overdose on. Not one person is ever reported to have overdosed on marijuana. Tell me that's not relatively harmless.
They simply don't want to hear it.

Quote:
Easy to not ruin lives; don't use any mind-altering, illegal drugs.

Misinformed? Backwards? Do you realize how many people have died, ruined their lives or almost ruined their lives by beginning with using that "harmless" drug known as marijuana (although "dope" is a more appropriate name).
Too bad that the legally prescribed narcotics is more dangerous. Let's ban them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You support actively ruining lives of all people who have used marijuana. Only a few idiots can't handle marijuana, most marijuana users lead perfectly fine, not-ruined lives and still smoke marijuana. You apparently can't stand that and want everyone's life ruined, by your government rather than by their own decisions.

Wow you only read the first sentence of my paragraph? You can't die from marijuana!

How many lives were ruined when someone was peacefully smoking pot in their own home and cops busted in and shot up the place? MUCH WORSE than letting someone pursue life, liberty and happiness in their own way. Marijuana is not inherently bad, any more than any legal substance is. You apparently hate freedom for those who are simply different than you.
I agree. Live and let live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
He can always move to a Islamic fundamentalist country where it will continue to be illegal for decades.

I say ship all of the authoritarian types over there.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
This is bad news for Chicago. The shootings will begin soon.....Keep an eye on the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies