Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 PM

749 posts, read 839,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
A world with no guns would be good indeed!
Indeed...as long as you can assure me that criminals couldn't get their hands on any either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
I guess these other countries are forced to do a lot of things and are used to it. Im 32, good health and I dont want to be forced to get something I don't want or need. It should be just that. But now I'm damned if I do, damned if I dont. Either way, I pay now.

US used to pride ourselves in being free. Being able to do what we want, make our own choices. Make our own choices. NOPE, cant do that anymore, well, at least without paying a tax.

I think what gets gets me going is that fact that I work. I worked for everything I have. I pay my debts. Even when unemployed, I never once missed a payment. I traded in my truck for something cheaper. I downgraded cable. I made lifestyle changes. I was unemployed for a couple months and I took care of myself. I dont care what any body says, but what I did makes me better than any democrat out there. Its this whole mentality you all have that think everybody deserves something. The truth is YOU DONT!
Sorry for being a little off topic, but this is just not right.
Gee, how many of your fellow 32 year olds have $250,000 or so to self-insure vs. major medical expense?

Based upon your comments there is NO FREAKING WAY you could actually pay for a serious medical illness and instead would stick the rest of us with the costs like a deadbeat.

So, fess up....If I gave you 6-months how much money could you come up with if a serious medical condition developed? How much do you have on hand now if you had a stroke, spent 30 days in the hospital and then died?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,623,521 times
Just another hole in a failed country's armour. Massive costs that will add to this insane nation's debt/deficit. This is a HUGE plus for me, the Mad Max scenario will play-out sooner rather than later.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:40 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What if it's a hit and run?
When they catch him, which they do almost always around here, the driver will be charged as well as his auto insurance will pay.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hahahhaha hahahaahaahaha - that's too funny! Why would insurance premiums decrease? When have they ever decreased? Unlimited free health care for all won't have premiums decrease.
It's not unlimted and it's not free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
(Picture of a woman holding a sign that says "Another doctor against Obamacare")
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Doctors will be closing their practices because of this ruling!New Poll Confirms IBD's '09 Finding Of Doctor Exodus Under ObamaCare - Investors.com
We don't even know that the first one really is a doctor! She might be a paid actress. I work with a group of 5 doctors and none of them have said a word about the decision.

Doctors said they wouldn't take Medicare, or they'd retire, etc, back in 1965. Didn't happen.

Quote:
Look, I do care and feel bad for people who get hurt or have unfortunate accidents or defects. Thats part of life. Why do I have to pay for their misfortune against my will via a tax? I dont want anyone to be forced to pay for me. Since Ill have to pay in, maybe Ill claim 45 million allowances on my taxes for all those I contribute too.

I am far from fortunate. Im starting, career wise, from ground zero. I, right now could not afford a long hospital stay. I couldn't afford a ER visit at this point. But it will never be a burden on you. I promise.

Have you looked at Americans these days? Have you seen the SIZE of them. They dont take care of themselves. No wonder why we are dropping like flies. Ill gladly donate to who I feel need it. Someone who is smoking their life away, no help from me.

In life, we have choices. If you make good healthy choices, it can go a long ways without severe health complications. I know this is not always the case, but the numbers show a healthy lifestyle puts you and far less risk of sickness. If you chose to eat cupcakes everyday and blow up to be 300 lbs, and end up with various complications because of it, then you pay. Simple. Just another example of a moocher.
If you think your lifestyle will protect you against any and all illness and accidents, think again.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:42 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Look, I do care and feel bad for people who get hurt or have unfortunate accidents or defects. Thats part of life. Why do I have to pay for their misfortune against my will via a tax? I dont want anyone to be forced to pay for me. Since Ill have to pay in, maybe Ill claim 45 million allowances on my taxes for all those I contribute too.

I am far from fortunate. Im starting, career wise, from ground zero. I, right now could not afford a long hospital stay. I couldn't afford a ER visit at this point. But it will never be a burden on you. I promise.

Have you looked at Americans these days? Have you seen the SIZE of them. They dont take care of themselves. No wonder why we are dropping like flies. Ill gladly donate to who I feel need it. Someone who is smoking their life away, no help from me.

In life, we have choices. If you make good healthy choices, it can go a long ways without severe health complications. I know this is not always the case, but the numbers show a healthy lifestyle puts you and far less risk of sickness. If you chose to eat cupcakes everyday and blow up to be 300 lbs, and end up with various complications because of it, then you pay. Simple. Just another example of a moocher.

I don't think they are moochers. They are addicted to food, cigarettes or whatever. I am all for healthy choices and wonder how we got to be so glutton

Old 06-29-2012, 10:45 PM

33,563 posts, read 37,165,415 times
Quote:
I lived near the pacific northwest boarder, near Bellingham, WA. I knew of tons that came to the states for care. I cant put a percentage, but I would have been over half that had absolutely nothing good to say about the healthcare or couldn't get the treatment needed there.
I do not believe you. I live in BC, and our health care is world class...You would be hard pressed to find any BC resident that has anything negative to say about our health care.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:48 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,481,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Gee, how many of your fellow 32 year olds have $250,000 or so to self-insure vs. major medical expense?

Based upon your comments there is NO FREAKING WAY you could actually pay for a serious medical illness and instead would stick the rest of us with the costs like a deadbeat.

So, fess up....If I gave you 6-months how much money could you come up with if a serious medical condition developed? How much do you have on hand now if you had a stroke, spent 30 days in the hospital and then died?
If I had 250k, Id send it out of the country before that gets taken.

Statistically, how many healthy, low risk Americans under 35 have a major medical expense? Not one of those ones they could have lived with, but a real medical issue, not caused by a auto or something that would be covered by another form of insurance? I bet its pretty low.

Home equity loan, I'm far from upside down. How much credit can I get if im in the low 800's? I know I was able to secure a card with no job with a 5 digit limit.

I will be getting medical soon, only because my new company provides it, and its only 100 bucks a month and its pretty good coverage. It sucks that I dont use it, and its just a waste of money that both the company and I have to pay. It should be my choice though.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Duh, the idiots insurance who hit me while they were texting!

I had gone to the doctors for check-up. I pay the bill. No biggie. Doctors get spiffs for dosing unneeded drugs from the drug makers. For all those that go to the doctors for every sniffle, you are going to be the ones screwed because your body built such a tolerance for antibiotics.

Nobody picks up the slack for me. If I get stuck in the hospital, then I will have a bill to pay. Simple.
I have news for you, you won't always be thirty two, and trust me you will need more health care as you age...Time marches on and the older you get the faster it seems to go.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Doctors will be closing their practices because of this ruling!

New Poll Confirms IBD's '09 Finding Of Doctor Exodus Under ObamaCare - Investors.com
Ya, right...What are they going to do, deliver pizzas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies