Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,793,878 times

Advertisements

Why celebrate our independence from England when we have willingly given up our independence to the Kleptocracy of our two party system? We just traded one form of tyranny for another in my opinion. We just have a different "boot" on our neck and enjoy no freedoms.

Go ahead, wave your flag and shoot off firecrackers. Eat hot dogs and hamburgers, pretend we haven't given up the freedom we once had to these criminals. Wait until November, you will hear a lot of B.S. promises about how, if only we vote for them again, everything will change. Yes, over 100 years of voting the same pigs into power have really changed America. The ONLY DIFFERENCE is which PIG will be feeding at the taxpayers slop chute.

It is getting particularly worrisome that they are enacting laws that enable THEM to decide who is a terrorist, that they can and will detain you without charge, that they CAN kill you if they deem you a "threat to America" which in fact means "A threat to their retaining power".

I consider the Democrats and Republicans "enemies of America". They are a "Clear and Present danger" TO MY COUNTRY. I believe they should all be removed from office, given a fair trial for the crimes committed and hung on the Mall in D.C.

Sure, there may be a few innocents and if so they should be spared. ANY GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL elected or appointed that has gained financially other than the salary paid for services should be hung for "theft by deception and under the color of authority". (or whatever charge we can come up with). Any politician that has used public funds to pay personal political debts should be drawn and quartered. This theft of public funds extends to friends and families of these politicians.

They keep blowing taxpayer funds on pork that benefits their political donors and are self serving criminals- time to get serious. We keep hearing how "Social security needs to be reformed" (aka cut) yet the Navy can buy "bio-fuel" at 26 dollars a gallon from a company that "just happens to be owned by one of Obama's political allies. Of course there is a long list of this crap that extends to BOTH parties.

I guess I should shut up now- I think I hear a "Drone" circling the house.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 03:41 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,476 times
Indeed the political climate and nonsense that permeates the country is troublesome.

That being said this has always been a great country and still is-----we need to change the climate in Washingon----the congress has become inept, incomptetent, and arrogantly useless.

That being said, I do celebrate being an American on our countrys birthday-----happy fourth of July to everybody and yes this country can get better, and with the involvment of more sensible people in the political process, we can try to weed out the arrogance and corruption.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:45 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Agree. America has been taken over by two gangs, the democrats and republicans.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:53 PM

477 posts, read 365,524 times
I agree WarTrace...I don't really celebrate anything today just taking the kids to see fireworks later...I have never really celebrated this day...

Old 07-04-2012, 04:22 PM

75 posts, read 116,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Why celebrate our independence from England when we have willingly given up our independence to the Kleptocracy of our two party system? We just traded one form of tyranny for another in my opinion. We just have a different "boot" on our neck and enjoy no freedoms.

Go ahead, wave your flag and shoot off firecrackers. Eat hot dogs and hamburgers, pretend we haven't given up the freedom we once had to these criminals. Wait until November, you will hear a lot of B.S. promises about how, if only we vote for them again, everything will change. Yes, over 100 years of voting the same pigs into power have really changed America. The ONLY DIFFERENCE is which PIG will be feeding at the taxpayers slop chute.

It is getting particularly worrisome that they are enacting laws that enable THEM to decide who is a terrorist, that they can and will detain you without charge, that they CAN kill you if they deem you a "threat to America" which in fact means "A threat to their retaining power".

I consider the Democrats and Republicans "enemies of America". They are a "Clear and Present danger" TO MY COUNTRY. I believe they should all be removed from office, given a fair trial for the crimes committed and hung on the Mall in D.C.

Sure, there may be a few innocents and if so they should be spared. ANY GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL elected or appointed that has gained financially other than the salary paid for services should be hung for "theft by deception and under the color of authority". (or whatever charge we can come up with). Any politician that has used public funds to pay personal political debts should be drawn and quartered. This theft of public funds extends to friends and families of these politicians.

They keep blowing taxpayer funds on pork that benefits their political donors and are self serving criminals- time to get serious. We keep hearing how "Social security needs to be reformed" (aka cut) yet the Navy can buy "bio-fuel" at 26 dollars a gallon from a company that "just happens to be owned by one of Obama's political allies. Of course there is a long list of this crap that extends to BOTH parties.

I guess I should shut up now- I think I hear a "Drone" circling the house.........
Yawn sounds like another incessant whiner. Just because the US electorate does not vote your politics does not mean that they are wrong. I have been to many other countries and honestly the US is far better place than any of them. If you do not like the US feel free to leave.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronous81 View Post
Yawn sounds like another incessant whiner. Just because the US electorate does not vote your politics does not mean that they are wrong. I have been to many other countries and honestly the US is far better place than any of them. If you do not like the US feel free to leave.
It may still be better, but it's going downhill fast, and is nothing like it used to be.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
I celebrate Independence Day. Several of my ancestors took part in the fight for freedom. I celebrate what they did, not what scum have done to this country. We do need a modern independence day, perhaps all 50 states can secede from the union and start over.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Default Why I don't celebrate our "independence day".

Don't dwell on things today, life is short, celebrate and enjoy life because the end can come at any time. I may not agree with our politics but i take every opportunity to enjoy life.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:33 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."

-- Samuel Adams

PS: I don't celebrate Independence Day anymore. I feel sad when people still praise this country for being the land of the free. Patriot Act, NDAA, TSA...Drones. Sounds like a free country. NOT. Thank goodness we still have people who are waking up each day and realizing our Republic has declined and is no longer what it used to be. The principles on which this country was founded have become a thing of the past.

People think that waving the Stars and Stripes and saying the "Pledge of Allegiance" are signs of Patriotism but at the same time the same people do nothing more than that.

Actions, not words people....

Old 07-04-2012, 04:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
I celebrate the hell out of the founding of this country, and i will until the day i die. Yes, it's not a utopia and everything about it aint all peaches and cream, but it's my damn country, i'm proud of it, and i'm going to mark it's inception come hell or high water.

Now if others don't choose to do so for whatever reason, that's their business and i won't think less of you one way or the other. But this is a nation and a holiday worth celebrating for a million reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies