Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well why does any group meet, make a bunch of "rules" and think they are all that ? Then they all slink away for another year. Ego maybe ?

No one here in Texas pays them much mind.
Dunno, but that's sounding suspiciously "California new-agey" isn't it, sorta like "Reality is just another State of Mind"?! ;-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
lol...

Texas Republican Party Seeks Ban on Critical Thinking, Other Stuff: Austinist

There are tons of other bat**** crazy proposals and stances in their platform, but the above takes the cake and eat it.
Nah, this is just the TX way of trying to entertain the rest of the country and acting "folksy", sorta like Dubya's half-azzed "aw shucks, I'm really just one of y'all!"

Or maybe they're hoping it'll distract us from noticing the state's also at the bottom of the heap in so many other areas, like education, poverty, energy policies, childrens health care and even just general well being.

But, hey how 'bout them Aggies...?!

Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Dunno, but that's sounding suspiciously "California new-agey" isn't it, sorta like "Reality is just another State of Mind"?! ;-p

Nah, this is just the TX way of trying to entertain the rest of the country and acting "folksy", sorta like Dubya's half-azzed "aw shucks, I'm really just one of y'all!"

Or maybe they're hoping it'll distract us from noticing the state's also at the bottom of the heap in so many other areas, like education, poverty, energy policies, childrens health care and even just general well being.

The pursuit of happiness, does not involve government control and making the choices for an individual.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post

Bottom of the heap in education ? At least compare education in Texas with other border states before making that call.

CA is #48 now in education so they must be dragging bottom ?

FWIW I don't think comparing education in the border states is fair because they are border states with a huge population of ESL students.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

FWIW I don't think comparing education in the border states is fair because they are border states with a huge population of ESL students.

It is called being out of touch, with the very subject they wish to dictate.

What may seem good where you are, could be bad where we are.
More support and facts, for localized government knowing what their communities need and don't need.
Not a wide sweeping brush from the federal government.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hey Biff, WHAT's a tenent?
Tenent
Ten"ent\, n. [L. tenent they hold, 3d pers. pl. pres. of tenere.] A tenet. [Obs.] --Bp. Sanderson.

BTW...Critical Thinking: Just a liberal argument for "I'm right and you're an idiot for not agreeing with me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies