Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When White people take away their own entitlement programs (aka cronyism, nepotism, prejudice, Good Ole Boys Network, legacies and donating moeny to get their children into great colleges, etc) maybe then we'll have a real discussion.
Oh puleeeeze, most white people don't benefit from all of the things you list, we have to make it on our own. My oldest son is an auto tech and went to school for 2 yrs, has all ASE certifications and did it all on his own with the help of a student loan, which he is paying back. This is what most successful white people do, no hand outs, and no freebies and we don't expect it.Live and learn my brother!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
This type of blatantly stereotypical (and not even accurately stereotypical) garbage should anger me, but at this point I just find it funny.

Seek help.
It is their perception, they are so insecure, they have to blame their failures on something

Old 07-09-2012, 06:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I going to break a long standing rule of not criticizing black folks on non-African American forums. So, here goes. The problem with black folks isn't not acting white, the problems paradoxically is too many black folk actually act like they actually are white folk. I say this because back in the day, I was taught that I couldn't act like white folks, I had to act and do better. Somewhere in the headiness of what seemed like the victories of the Civil Rights Movement that lesson got lost.

Dear brothers and sisters,

You can't be an unwed mother because you are not a white Holywood celebrity who makes millions of dollars per picture so that you can't afford nannies, house keepers, private schools and tutors for your kids. By the way, you also won't make the cover of Vogue, Vanity Fair or Cosmopolitan lauding how you can "have it all".

You can't owe your Baby Momma hundreds of thousands of dollars in back child support and be a Congressman, although we have made some significant inroads as corrupt politicians it still is a limited field of endeavor, the former is reserved for white folk.

You can't be like the Jewish, Italian and Irish mobsters, because you don't know how to keep a low profile and most importantly you don't own any planes or boats which means that you can't rise above the retail level even though Nickie Barnes, Frankie Lewis and Suge Knight came close.

You don't have as yet an Arnold Rothstein to teach you how to convert cash from criminal enterprises into legitimate commercial enterprises.

You can't go around committing even small crimes because as Virgil Tibbs (see Sydney Poitier) famously pointed out in "The Heat of the Night", "Momma there is white folk time and then there is colored folk time."

As a result you can't go around killing white people and expect not to get the death penalty, a life sentence is for the most part reserved for white folks who kill white folks (or black folks).
Also remember the wise words of my father, "If you commit a crime, make sure that you steal enough that you make more inside prison than you would outside of it." Then remember that you aren't Bernie Madoff and your friends don't have billions of dollars to steal from.
You can't drop out of school because your daddy doesn't own a corporation, or have old school ties that will get you into the door of some business (drug dealing excepted, see above). And even if you do graduate, you still don't have daddy to help you up the corporate ladder.

You can't owe the bank for your Chrysler 300 because of as the saying goes, you owe the bank $10,000 the bank owns you, but if you owe the bank $10,000,000,000 dollars you own the bank. Very few of you own $10,000,000,000.

You can't get mediocre grades, because white folks don't consider you a gentleman, so a gentleman's C just doesn't apply.

And No (this will be most pleasing to my conservative audience) you can't dress as you like because while white kids can dress any way they like, white folks consider the unorthodox fashions of white youth as part of a phase not a genetic imperfection. Yes I know white construction workers like Joe the Plumber have been showing the crack of their behinds for generations, but they are white, you are not.

You can't get angry, even when it is warranted because it is always taken as a sign of violent tendencies. Outward expressions of anger by white folks is just indignation, even blowing up a federal building is considered a righteous act of freedom (Muslims are you listening?)

Now I know that these separate but unequal rules should no longer apply after the hard won battles of the Civil Rights era and the hundreds of years of disparate treatment, but as the experiences of Barack Obama should amply demonstrate, keeping your nose to the grind stone, graduating with an Ivy League law degree and even becoming President of the United Fracking States doesn't exempt you from the American System of Double Standards©.

So my young brothers and sisters, you are right to castigate black folk who act white, just keep in mind what it really means to act white.

PS - the above list isn't intended to be comprehensive but just a select few examples of how black folks try to act like white folks and really shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more... From a very very young age most black folk were taught the reasons why you can't act certain ways. The sad thing is to this day the reasons are still relevant...
Then...in an "all black" world you would soon realize that there is no such thing as "acting black" or "acting white"...Just cultural norms..

And, even in a completely homogeneous society, you will be discriminated in regards to those as well!!!!

Oh, the joys of not seeing outside the box....I wish to know what it is like.

hey, I didn't have any of the entitlements the OP was talking about...and I'm white...but not THAT KIND of white I guess???

Old 07-09-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Wow, you actually come across as a bit bitter about your experience in "that community". You also seem to have a vested interest (however, not a benevolent one) in discussing the very real and sad issue of unwed mothers who happen to be Black. You have repeated the statistic (72% births to unwed mothers) in nearly every one of your posts. We can discuss that topic in depth if you are brave enough to actually create a thread about it. But as for now, it just makes you look as if you have a weird fixation.

Also, based on what you have stated in some of your previous posts in this thread, I must say that while you may have been married to a Black man and had Black(ish) children with him, you also come across as having disdain for the community from which this man came. Did you resent having to live amongst Black people?

You also stated that your half Black children are not Black (or that you don't think of them as Black). Are you ashamed of their African ancestry? Honestly, the tone of your posts seem to be a somewhat restrained dislike for "that community", a community that your half Black children are lumped into by society no matter how White you are.
I think her husband may actually be ashamed of where he came from, I know I would be.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
[/b][/color]
Whoa, pot meet kettle. That's your problem. You're the person who uses projected and perceived "racial discrimination" to justify your own racial biases. You are entirely intellectually dishonest. One on hand you demand that us "evil whiteys" "walk a mile in your shoe" and treat everyone as individuals. On the other hand you claim that (all) whites partake in "cronyism, nepotism, prejudic, Good Old Boys Network, legacies, and donating money to get their children into great colleges." Get off your high horse and quit with your double standards.
Hey, ya gotta have some reason to blame your failure on! And that is all I see here, blame!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Oh puleeeeze, most white people don't benefit from all of the things you list, we have to make it on our own. My oldest son is an auto tech and went to school for 2 yrs, has all ASE certifications and did it all on his own with the help of a student loan, which he is paying back. This is what most successful white people do, no hand outs, and no freebies and we don't expect it.Live and learn my brother!
Way to go on assumptions. Why do whites assume that any black person who went to school went for free? I have my degree and I never got any special money for being black. I have student loans too. You also need to live and learn.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Actually I have not had a "tough life", I've had a great life.

By the way, if you too lazy or aren't smart enough to take advantage of white privilege, then its your own fault. When White people stop complaining that Affirmative Action is keeping the White man down then maybe the discussion will end, but until then I don't want to hear it.
AHHHHHHHHHH, but if we were to take advantage of this so called ''white privilege'' we would be called racists! Good God, make your mind up.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:06 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I agree with this post.

Affirmative action has a history of mixed success, and some horror stories associated with it as well, but good grief, people, the Civil Rights movement was only fifty years ago. It takes a long time - decades - for a society with such a history of racial division to "right" itself. I think affirmative action was needed and is still necessary, though growing less so with each decade.

Asians worked like slaves for rail road companies.

Many of them were literally worked to death.

Somehow they managed to overcome.

Indians - the kind from India - have certainly been mistreated and they have darker shin than most black people, yet they thrive in America.

Affirmative Action is still around because one group, and one group only, can't seem to get their **** together.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it is interesting when I see AAs looking at Privileged Whites and project their actions to all whites.

Bernie Madoff? Yea because all white people do is try to figure out how to come up with a pyramid scheme to get rich.
Legacy in college? Yea because all us white folk go to college. We all got there because our daddy went there and because our daddy build a wing of the school. Yea that happened.

Geez people. Seriously?

Here is the thing. Life is not fair. It never was and it never will be. Government won’t make life fair. That is impossible. Get over it.
Funny, they say we have ''white privilege, but no one has described exactly what it is. So I would like a fair description of what exactly is ''white privilege''?????? From a black person only!!! Then white people here can rebuttal and say whether or not they have benefited by it, come on, I dare ya!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
FYI, I'm a woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies