Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well, I guess these dudes don't know the law.
That is why they are in the wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if they are taken to court over this.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessQQmorePEWPEW View Post
most catholics and christians i know only have issues with them using the word marriage. aside from that, everyone religious i know could give 2 farks less what teh homos do amongst themselves.

they know its a choice, wrong and will be judged in the end for it by their maker.

people who judge them nowadays are going to be royally farked when they meet their maker.

Oooooh, scary talk about an invisible man in the sky!

What does he have to do with this discussion anyway?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:28 AM

332 posts, read 529,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then Catholics, and Christians need to lobby to get the word marriage out of government. As long as the government issues "MARRIAGE" licenses, and has government granted rights, and privileges associated to "marriage" then it has to apply those rights, and privileges equally to ALL citizens.
no, they dont. homosexuals can simply refer to it as a civil union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post

and liberals/atheists wonder why people dont take them seriously.

goodbye, and cheers!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessQQmorePEWPEW View Post
no, they dont. homosexuals can simply refer to it as a civil union.
There is no federal recognition of civil unions, and many states do not allow civil unions.

I will refer to my marriage or civil union however I wish, no other person can define my relationship for me.
The government has to apply ALL rights, and privileges equally to ALL American citizens per the 14th amendment.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That is why they are in the wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if they are taken to court over this.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I don't know what the CO Constitution says but if the baker says he was exercising his religious beliefs it will be a lot more complex than your take on the subject.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post

"invisible man in the sky"? Do you know anything at all about Christianity?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't know what the CO Constitution says but if the baker says he was exercising his religious beliefs it will be a lot more complex than your take on the subject.
I have already posted the Co. law. This business must follow the laws of the state in which it is doing business. It is breaking the law by refusing a publicly offered service to customers based on thier sexual orientation.

If the owners religious belief does not allow him to follow the laws of the state in which he does business, he should shut down his business.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Masterpiece Cake Shop Faces Boycott Call After Refusal to Make Gay Wedding Cakes | Video | TheBlaze.com

Wow...these people hate anything that doesn't accept their lifestyle...amazing.
So, besides Diveristy, you are also against Gays, and the right of People that disagree with your (and Cake Shop owner) Opinion the right to express their own Opinion (through voicing it publically and through the right to not support the business). Got it

Old 07-31-2012, 12:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
a business can refuse to make whatever they wish, they simply say we don't make those, there is no discrimination in that. My sister in-law was going to have a birthday cake with a gun on top, the first bakery said they didn't do that, no discrimination at all.
does this bakery not serve homosexuals? I doubt it, i also doubt they will ever see a day in court. boycott away.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
a business can refuse to make whatever they wish, they simply say we don't make those, there is no discrimination in that. My sister in-law was going to have a birthday cake with a gun on top, the first bakery said they didn't do that, no discrimination at all.
does this bakery not serve homosexuals? I doubt it, i also doubt they will ever see a day in court. boycott away.
But this bakery DOES make wedding cakes. They could choose not to make wedding cakes at all, or make wedding cakes for anyone that wants one. Those are the choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies