Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 PM

667 posts, read 516,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well it certainly should get a mention, especially when determining who to give custody of a child to

Not I. I'm heterosexual. But for you to make that argument, we'd have to firmly establish that being gay is something chosen, which has not been done.

And dress it up any way you want; the research finds no reason gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt or marry, nor does the bible specifically give this instruction. That only leaves YOU as the reason YOU don't want to let it happen
Your logic is very twisted.

I never understood why you don't want to choose your sexual preference. You seem so proud of it yet you blame it on your genetics as if it is a disease.

It does not matter to me if you were born gay or not. That has no relevance to the moral issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 12:52 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Your logic is very twisted.

I never understood why you don't want to choose your sexual preference. You seem so proud of it yet you blame it on your genetics as if it is a disease.

It does not matter to me if you were born gay or not. That has no relevance to the moral issue.
When did you choose to be straight? Tell us about the factors you used to make that choice.

It's not a choice. It's not a disease. It's a part of the range of normative sexual behavior.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have already posted the Co. law. This business must follow the laws of the state in which it is doing business. It is breaking the law by refusing a publicly offered service to customers based on thier sexual orientation.

If the owners religious belief does not allow him to follow the laws of the state in which he does business, he should shut down his business.
That's why there are courts. To decide things like this.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 PM

390 posts, read 265,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
If you are going to own a business, you cannot discriminate.

It's pretty simple, actually.
Actually yes you can, and it's very simple to do

Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM

390 posts, read 265,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
When did you choose to be straight? Tell us about the factors you used to make that choice.

It's not a choice. It's not a disease. It's a part of the range of normative sexual behavior.
I have no problem with gays, but to describe them as being in the "range of normative sexual behavior" is intellectually dishonest.

Given the very low percentage of gays, that does not fall within the realm of "normal".

Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
The homosexuals can boycott them all they want, no big deal but they can make what they want and nobody can force them to make anything.Just more crying from this group.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM

667 posts, read 516,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

I think it was in the 6th grade. Her name was Lisa and had brown eyes. We were at a Saturday morning movie, I think is was an old Elvis movie. That first kiss left no doubt that I was straight as God intended.

Normal is clearly evident in our reproductive organs.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
I think it was in the 6th grade. Her name was Lisa and had brown eyes. We were at a Saturday morning movie, I think is was an old Elvis movie. That first kiss left no doubt that I was straight as God intended.

Normal is clearly evident in our reproductive organs.
Well I hope you don't engage in oral sex then. Our reproductive organs were not intended to be used for oral sex.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The homosexuals can boycott them all they want, no big deal but they can make what they want and nobody can force them to make anything.Just more crying from this group.
The state in which they operate can force them to either stop selling wedding cakes, or sell them to anyone, or close their doors for business.

They have to follow the laws like any other business.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:12 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Id like to say its very possible the baker didn't refuse the order deliberately,

Stooges Pie Fight - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies