Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 01:50 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

This appears to be fairly up to date summaries of the raw milk laws of each state. If it says 2007 that's because the law itself hasn't changed since then.
What's happening with Real Milk?--United States

this is an example of the games they play
Nevada
Raw milk sales are legal but, in practice, there are no raw milk sales in the state.
In order for a farmer to obtain a permit from the state dairy commission to produce and distribute raw milk, the county milk commission must first certify the farm for the production of raw milk or a raw milk product.

There has never been a county milk commission in existence at any time, so to this point, there has been a de facto prohibition of raw milk sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 01:53 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This appears to be fairly up to date summaries of the raw milk laws of each state. If it says 2007 that's because the law itself hasn't changed since then.
What's happening with Real Milk?--United States

this is an example of the games they play
Nevada
Raw milk sales are legal but, in practice, there are no raw milk sales in the state.
In order for a farmer to obtain a permit from the state dairy commission to produce and distribute raw milk, the county milk commission must first certify the farm for the production of raw milk or a raw milk product.

There has never been a county milk commission in existence at any time, so to this point, there has been a de facto prohibition of raw milk sales.
On the map it's reflected as red, illegal. So in NV it's illegal by technicality, not by statute really. Thank God I live here.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
I know that where I am from, it is actually illegal to take food out of trash cans on the street - also illegal to take dumped food from the backs of supermarkets.

it is considered 'theft' , that's a bit harsh though I can see the logic.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I heard about similar stuff on Natural News before. If you pasteurized the dairy products, wouldn't that put you in the clear?
No, the regulations demand that you operate just like Borden or any other big mega-dairy would.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummm, what?
No, dairy is not a requirement.
People can and do live without it.

Humans are the only animals that drink/use another's milk.

You blame government for agribusiness and population growth?
Please explain the reasoning behind your comment.

BTW, when I lived in CA, we did raise cows and chickens. We were zoned for it; but that was decades ago and I'm sure zoning has changed.
Only because humans are the only animals actually advanced enough to do any farming. Obviously a monkey isn't smart enough to raise a herd of cows, but we're not monkeys that can only climb trees and eat bananas. We're not like wolves who have to chase down an animal whenever we're hungry -- so who really cares what animals eat or don't eat?

Besides I've seen cats and dogs drink cow's milk. If you ever saw goats or cows being milked, you would see the cats coming around hoping to get some.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The homeless population here is much more diverse. Lots of recently unemployed men (some with drinking or substance abuse problems), women and children, even whole families.

We have something like this in mind.
Don't let them get the idea of having bees so they can have some honey. The government is even confiscating bee hives. Talk about a way over-the-board powerful government.

Illinois illegally seizes bees resistant to Roundup; kills remaining queens | Food Freedom News

The Illinois Ag Dept. illegally seized privately owned bees from renowned naturalist, Terrence Ingram, without providing him with a search warrant and before the court hearing on the matter, reports Prairie Advocate News.

Of note, Illinois beekeepers are going underground after Ingram’s experience and refuse to register their hives, in case the state tries to steal their private property on phony claims.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
I've been working with a local organization involved in feeding and housing the homeless.
I rarely agree with anything you post on C-D, but wanted to just say to you for doing this work. I respect people who walk the walk, even if I don't always agree with the road they're on. This is good work you're doing.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I know that where I am from, it is actually illegal to take food out of trash cans on the street - also illegal to take dumped food from the backs of supermarkets.

it is considered 'theft' , that's a bit harsh though I can see the logic.
That's absurd. It's going way too far when they protect us from ourselves. We have every right to eat food past the expiration date, if we choose. People take risks with cleaning and cooking their food at home all the time, eating is a risk these days. I watched Taboo on the Freepers, which was very interesting. This couple are not homeless, they just want to live green, and recycle items we consider waste. They bathe selected food in a clorox bath and probably are more careful than most of us. Maybe it's really about lost revenue.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:17 AM

And in Michigan the government is going onto peoples' farms and slaughtering their pigs:

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest hundreds of ranchers as felons

Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Those are my thoughts, too. Stove-top pasteurization is entirely safe. No one would be sickened. Unfortunately we live in a world full of busy-bodies, and this particular charity maintains close ties with local government.
Think the problem could lie on law suits also. If someone were to get sick they'd blame it on what you provided and the lawyers would be all over you. In a way I blame lawyers for all the problems that relate to sue happy people.

If you go to stores and see what they throw out just because the date has expired........... most of that stuff is still good to eat, but there's a lawyer standing by to take the case and sue the markets for food that probably wasn't even the cause of a person getting sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies