Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,883,953 times

Advertisements

How about NOT SHOWING ANY COMMERCIALS AT ALL?????? (Too many of them)

Quite stupid........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,081,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Quite stupid........
How is any of the programming going to be paid for?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:08 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Years ago some politician used the term *****rdly, those with a limited vocabulary freaked out.
*****rdly?

Means stingy.

LOL!

Here is the story - I remember this - its been awhile - when we were worrying about Y2k.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...iams020499.htm

Old 08-05-2012, 12:12 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Quite stupid........
Uh stupid?

Soooo...you don't want to be able to watch the Olympics on TV?

Oooooo..K.

Maybe you have tons of money - is it your intention to buy the programming for the Olympics in 2016?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:36 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,081,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
*****rdly?

Means stingy.

LOL!

Here is the story - I remember this - its been awhile - when we were worrying about Y2k.

Washingtonpost.com: D.C. Mayor Acted 'Hastily,' Will Rehire Aide

Yeah, even the C-D auto filter kicks in.

With the C-D filter I can understand, it is a script looking for letter combinations.

The *****rdly one in a speech is like "Guam tipping over" ...

Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,778,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't think whoever made that commercial had ill intentions but it was incredibly poor timing. It's also IGNORANT to claim you don't get it. An entire race has been compared to monkeys in a disrespectful way, even here on this forum. Most recently about Michelle Obama on multiple occasions...

No, it's not. I can assure you that I would never have made that connection. Maybe I'm unusual, but when I look at a monkey, I think about the monkey, not a black person.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
The fact that you decided to share such an inflamatory post on here is just as idiotic and bigoted as the so-called rule. Looks like you were just looking for a chance to bash black people and encourage more racists to join you. Sleep well tonight.
What a stupid post. You have it exactly backwards. The fact that you posted it indicates a complete lack of ability to read English.

Read the OP again and maybe you will understand. The OP does NOT bash black people. It bashes the idiots who complained to the TV station about a coincidental event that almost everyone who saw it would be unaffected.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I watched the entire last hour of the broadcast - watched Miss Douglas win the all-around, the medal ceremony, and Mr. Costas's tribute to her accomplishment. I watched the commercial also - but didn't remember the commercial until I clicked on this thread just now. I didn't make any connection at all between the two - probally because I don't equate black people with monkeys. The people complaining about this apparently do - which makes one wonder if the anger shouldn't be directed at themselves.

Millions of people like myself watched a young American woman accomplish an amazing feat, keep the women's all around gold medal in American hands for the third straight Olympics, and were genuinely proud of the young lady who accomplished that. The color of the lady's skin didn't cross my mind until Mr. Costas made a point of it - and actually that irritated me because it was her talent, skill, and hard work that earned the medal - not that she is black. I was going to start a thread about that but figured it was best to just let Miss Douglas's victory alone without bringing politics into it.

This was an honest mistake - let's keep the focus where it should be on Gabby Douglas aka the "Flying Squirrel".

Oops - am I not allowed to call her by the nickname that her coach affectionately gave her? I bet someone will accuse me of racism now - without ever bothering to learn the history behind that moniker.

Seriously people need to chill out and get over skin color. When blood is drawn from any human being on the planet - guess what? The vial will appear red.
Congratulations Miss Douglas!
Good post. I don't even think it was an honest mistake. It was not a mistake at all. The mistake is in the minds of the idiots who connect the monkey ad with black people. I don't understand why the public cannot just ignore idiots who make everything a race issue.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,179,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't think whoever made that commercial had ill intentions but it was incredibly poor timing. It's also IGNORANT to claim you don't get it. An entire race has been compared to monkeys in a disrespectful way, even here on this forum. Most recently about Michelle Obama on multiple occasions...
Well it isn't really ignorant to claim they don't get it because they don't.

The History Ignorant are rampant in CD....Blacks have been shown as monkeys in the past...

but dolts don't think anything ever happened before the day they were born....

so they can't see what the fuss is about....

Old 01-06-2021, 12:23 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,105,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hereafter, you cannot ever show a TV commercial with monkeys in it after broadcasting a show or event with black people.

Is this the height of PC or what? We have way too many thin skinned idiots who are offended by the most ridiculous events.

Gabby Douglas: NBC forced to apologise after ad features a monkey doing gymnastics right AFTER victory | Mail Online
Commercials are one of the most subtle, manipulative ways to brainwash the masses into accepting the cultural marxism that is taking over our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies