Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:29 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
She is wearing capris and a tee shirt? All be it I don't like the superman tee, it is still capris and a tee shirt. What is horrible? You probably have ZERO fashion sense if you really think capris and a tee are horrible and tacky, when 99% of woman wear them. Including Mrs. Obama.
We keep ignoring the tacky, tacky shoes. Who the hell wears 5" platforms that lace up your ankles to a picnic??

Find a pic of Michelle Obama in shoes that even come close to those hooker clogs....

Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Health risk: Squeezing into tight pants (or cinching belts too tight) can cause nerve compression, numbness and digestive issues. According to a recent Wall Street Journal article, internist Dr. Octavio Bessa of Stamford, Conn., coined the term tight-pants syndrome in the Archives of Internal Medicine in 1993, after seeing many patients with abdominal discomfort, distension and heartburn due to ill-fitting clothes. According to Bessa’s report, “the diagnosis can be made easily in the office by comparing the size of the trousers with the abdominal girth. There is usually a discrepancy of 7.5 centimeters or more."

Read more: Fashion Health Hazards: Skinny Jeans and Other Culprits | Healthland | TIME.com

We need to get this to Mrs. Obama ASAP.

Those pants are entirely to tight around her waist, butt and legs

Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
We keep ignoring the tacky, tacky shoes. Who the hell wears 5" platforms that lace up your ankles to a picnic??

Find a pic of Michelle Obama in shoes that even come close to those hooker clogs....

No, no I said the shoes are horrible but that aside I don't see the problem.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
She is Trailer trash. Nothing more nothing less.

You can take her out of the Trailer park but, you can't take the Trailer park out of her. And to think that people thought that she could be president.

This was just another example of Palin’s willingness to prostitute herself.
It seems that even women have gotten into the act. A female commentator for Fox News has now used Sarah Palin once again. In the show “Justice with Jeanie” the female host wanted to argue that Wisconsin law makers should be “fired.” She asked Palin the leading question, “Should Wisconsin law makers be fired.” Palin provided the answer predicted:
Yes, they absolutely should be fired, They should be recalled. You know, they retreated. It’s not like they reloaded, they retreated. They’re not doing their job. Bless his heart, that Wisconsin governor is doing all that he can to allow his state to be solvent and he certainly isn’t getting any help from the Democrats.”

palin's an idiot case closed.
she needs to go back to ordering donuts for town meetings.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:

Capris and a tee shirt.
And sneakers....

Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
She is wearing capris and a tee shirt? All be it I don't like the superman tee, it is still capris and a tee shirt. What is horrible? You probably have ZERO fashion sense if you really think capris and a tee are horrible and tacky, when 99% of woman wear them. Including Mrs. Obama.
That's like saying that something out of the Fredricks of Hollywood catalog and a floor length flannel number from Lanz are both nightgowns.

The fit, the accessories, the cut and the shoes are inappropriate for her age. I showed the picture to my 17 year old son's girlfriend (it was funny--she had no idea who Palin was. She asked me--who is this Steelman lady?). She's a very stylish girl, and her comment was that Palin was dressing like a bad cartoon of a teenager. Middle aged women shouldn't wear low rider capris, no matter why type of shape they're in. They were super tight, the belt was ugly, so was the superman shirt, and the shoes wouldn't be appropriate on ANYONE. One piece at a time mixed with something more classic might have worked, but all of it together was a hot mess.

I don't like Sarah Palin, but I do have some sympathy for her on this. When you're in your 40s and 50s it's hard to be stylish, yet hit that fine line between dressing too young and dressing too matronly. She's an attractive woman, and she's in great shape. She just needs to pick more classic clothing so she doesn't look like she's trying so hard. This outfit was right out of the trailer park...

Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
And sneakers....
I said the shoes were bad but other then that there is nothing wrong.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's like saying that something out of the Fredricks of Hollywood catalog and a floor length flannel number from Lanz are both nightgowns.

The fit, the accessories, the cut and the shoes are inappropriate for her age. I showed the picture to my 17 year old son's girlfriend (it was funny--she had no idea who Palin was. She asked me--who is this Steelman lady?). She's a very stylish girl, and her comment was that Palin was dressing like a bad cartoon of a teenager. Middle aged women shouldn't wear low rider capris, no matter why type of shape they're in. They were super tight, the belt was ugly, so was the superman shirt, and the shoes wouldn't be appropriate on ANYONE. One piece at a time mixed with something more classic might have worked, but all of it together was a hot mess.

I don't like Sarah Palin, but I do have some sympathy for her on this. When you're in your 40s and 50s it's hard to be stylish, yet hit that fine line between dressing too young and dressing too matronly. She's an attractive woman, and she's in great shape. She just needs to pick more classic clothing so she doesn't look like she's trying so hard.

Holy cow are you guys serious??? They are black jean capris. OMG the horror!!! I don't like SP either but other then her horrible shoes there is nothing wrong with her outfit. Had she put on a nice pair of flip flops or sandals it would not look as bad, those shoes are horrible.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I said the shoes were bad but other then that there is nothing wrong.
Hooker shoes

You'll find shoes very much like the ones she's wearing.

The Superman shirt is a little iffy.

She dresses like an aging beauty queen. Oh....wait....

Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
To tell you the truth, I hate to see women, even Sarah Palin, bashed for their clothing. But, the Superman T-shirt is over the top. Even here in laid back Colorado, a woman of Sarah's age would not wear such a shirt to a campaign event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies