Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times

Advertisements

Pch,
You seem to not understand basic logic, try harder.

Those who regularly engage in oral sex, anal sex or masterbation are not demanding society to be legally required to honor them based on their sexual fetishes like those with homosexual fetishes are. Thus, the comparison is illogical.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Pch,
You seem to not understand basic logic, try harder.

Those who regularly engage in oral sex, anal sex or masterbation are not demanding society to be legally required to honor them based on their sexual fetishes. Thus, the comparison is illogical.
You seem not to understand that homosexuality is just as natural and commonplace, and thus unworthy of being singled out for special discrimination, as are the practices listed above.

Your inability to separate sexual practice from sexual identity speaks volumes about your own inability to address this issue in a mature, civilized way.

Last edited by pch1013; 10-25-2012 at 06:44 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

The most shocking thing on the list?

"Adoption agencies have said that 40% of their adoptions are to homosexual couples."

40 percent of her foster care cases in the public sector end with adoption are into GLBT families.

^Makes a difference.

I think the national number of GLBT adoptions of total adoptions is about 5%. Only 2 states have laws preventing it.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
DentalFloss,
Please provide a credible resource from which you got your claim that defies reality reflected by voting patterns.
Poll: Support For Gay Marriage Growing

Most poignant is the chart. Notice the trends. They will continue.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
40 percent of her foster care cases in the public sector end with adoption are into GLBT families.

^Makes a difference.

I think the national number of GLBT adoptions of total adoptions is about 5%. Only 2 states have laws preventing it.
As much as I am not fond of the whole homosexual manifesto, when it comes to children not having *anyone* who loves them, versus having *someone* who loves them, I'd be happy to let baboons adopt them if they could.

Ideal situation? certainly not, but growing up with no home, no love is even worse than growing up in a sexually dysfunctional home, I think.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Those who regularly engage in oral sex, anal sex or masterbation are not demanding society to be legally required to honor them based on their sexual fetishes like those with homosexual fetishes are. Thus, the comparison is illogical.
Perhaps you are not familiar with history.

At one point in time in this country, oral sex and anal sex (and maybe masturbation, I'm not sure) were literally illegal in many states, even between married couples. The Supreme Court finally put an end to that silliness, declaring that the government had no compelling interest to ban such behavior between consenting adults in private, and thus was not empowered to do so.

They may use similar logic to find that SSM must be legal.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
I still do not understand how two men or two women in relationships married or not is going to affect MY marriage. I personally can care less.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times
The world as we know it is under siege to a viscous dimented criminal issue with respects to children and sex

as such...

I'm not sure if society would be comfortable with a line-up of hetro guys who live together at city hall, applying to adapt 10 yr old girls....

Therefore

since we know the homosexual focus is exasperatedly impatient and fixated on sensuality, by repeated evidence in parades in the middle of the day doing unmentionables(factually reported)... how in the world can society be comfortable with gay people lining up at city hall making out application to order a child ?

With respects to the OP figure of 40%...society would be fair and reasonable on demand for an answer to this question in the offered, relative perspective together with statistics very available , amidst this known global wide criminal problem.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-25-2012 at 08:27 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
2 possitive vs 20 or 40 negatives, a true sign of good men doing nothing.

At what cost?
I give up. Where's those 20 or 40 negatives?

If kid's are growing up in a nurturing, mutual respect based evironment; does it matter if they're being reared by wolves or two headed wombats?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The world as we know it is under siege to a viscous dimented criminal issue with respects to children and sex

as such...

I'm not sure if society would be comfortable with a line-up of hetro guys who live together at city hall, applying to adapt 10 yr old girls....

Therefore

since we know the homosexual focus is exasperatedly impatient and fixated on sensuality, by repeated evidence in parades in the middle of the day doing unmentionables(factually reported)... how in the world can society be comfortable with gay people lining up at city hall making out application to order a child ?

With respects to the OP figure of 40%...society would be fair and reasonable on demand for an answer to this question in the offered, relative perspective together with statistics very available , amidst this known global wide criminal problem.

Whoa Nelly! Now here's one who has been watching way too many David Cronenberg films.

You're leaping around jumping from one erroneous conclusion to another like a gazelle with his nuts on fire.

You really think adoption agencies aren't going to be very careful to vet the couples applying? Do they not apply the same means testing as they would for couples of opposite sexes?

Brother; if you can't find legitimate flaws; why just go on ahead and invent a couple or four.

You do realize that gay couples have been around as long as recorded history? You do realize they've also been raising children, either legally of un-recognized for that same time period?

Now how about finding some stats regarding children raised in these relationships having arrived at adulthood with sociopathological problems to any greater degree than those of "normal", two opposite sexes. Have fun with that.

I suggest you focus more of your bile on cleaning up the child rearing of all the rest of us before you focus on one spectrum of society you have particular disdain for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies