Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Obama been a success or failure as President?
Success 73 32.02%
Failure 155 67.98%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Has Obama been a success or failure as President?

Any thoughts?
Bit of a loaded question on a topic that is just another Obama bashing topic however i'll respond by saying If you are going to use your poll as an indicator i'd suspect it would only show the percentage of rightwing to leftwing participants in the topic and not a true indication of whether Obama has been a success or not that will be left to the history books. Certainly Obama hasnt achieved the desired objectives he said he was going to achieve but ya gotta be pretty naive to think politicians dont make promises they may or may not be able to keep once in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. PRICE View Post
Had the man been white, they would have LOVED HIM.
Yes also his anti business stance is basically caring about the poor which America really hates, after all your profits come from poor people who don't know better.

If all Americans had common sense in consumer spending and only bought things they can afford American would sink quickly so Obama being anti business is basically saying he's getting in the way of our profits.

Giving old people vouchers to deal with private insurance companies says more than enough, we all know how this will end.

Ripping off blacks and giving them higher interest rates on homes is American, it's increased profits.... That is America.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
he's half white, do they half love him?

i doubt it.

people don't like the wars, the illegal immigration, having their currency devalued and being forced to pay more for their goods and services (gas prices have doubled), the high unemployment, the massively increasing federal debt, the lack of prosecution of the "bad guys", and citizens being killed by weapons supplied by their own government, with no ability to defend themselves. (and obama squelching the investigation on purpose).

this has been a tragic administration.
Bush did all that, Romney and Ryan will continue that, what president is going to say no to illegals with fortune 500 companies telling them otherwise?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Considering the solidarity of the RW congressional opposition I say he is doing very well. If he and a Democratic veto proof Congress he would have been great. If nothing else he has forced our Military to get out of Iraq and work on getting out of Afghanistan. At least he has managed not to let the military go to war with Iran. I rate his Presidency as OK and am working to reelect him.

My only complaint is he is too far to the right for my political positions. I would like to see a Universal Health Care System without any private insurance involvement, reforms to Social Security starting with eliminating the tax cap and applying the tax to all income from all sources, implementing countervailing tariffs to eliminate the wage gap between our own workers and Asian slave labor and removing our troops from the Middle East completely.

I would also like to reform our economy from a continuous wartime military economy to one based on domestic production and infrastructure repair and enhancement.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Yes also his anti business stance is basically caring about the poor which America really hates, after all your profits come from poor people who don't know better.

If all Americans had common sense in consumer spending and only bought things they can afford American would sink quickly so Obama being anti business is basically saying he's getting in the way of our profits.

Giving old people vouchers to deal with private insurance companies says more than enough, we all know how this will end.

Ripping off blacks and giving them higher interest rates on homes is American, it's increased profits.... That is America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Considering the solidarity of the RW congressional opposition I say he is doing very well. If he and a Democratic veto proof Congress he would have been great. If nothing else he has forced our Military to get out of Iraq and work on getting out of Afghanistan. At least he has managed not to let the military go to war with Iran. I rate his Presidency as OK and am working to reelect him.

My only complaint is he is too far to the right for my political positions. I would like to see a Universal Health Care System without any private insurance involvement, reforms to Social Security starting with eliminating the tax cap and applying the tax to all income from all sources, implementing countervailing tariffs to eliminate the wage gap between our own workers and Asian slave labor and removing our troops from the Middle East completely.

I would also like to reform our economy from a continuous wartime military economy to one based on domestic production and infrastructure repair and enhancement.
Totally removed from reality. 100%+.

Unbeliavable. Scary. Sad.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:03 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. PRICE View Post
Had the man been white, they would have LOVED HIM.
So you assume that everyone who dislikes Obama does so for purely racist reasons? How droll.

My reasons for disliking the current administration have nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with policy.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
DC - It not I that am removed from reality. I am removed from your reality. I just see a different reality form yours. Yours is the successful reality of the investment classes and mine is the endless striving to stay afloat of the workers faced with great uncertainty and business system designed to transfer wealth upward.

My policies would reduce the amount of overseas profit flowing to the stock market and replace it with wages going to the working people of the country. Yes, this would reduce the value of the market somewhere closer to reality and hurt people forced into owning investment accounts. So what? I suspect less the half of our population with incomes below the median even have investment accounts and those over have both investment accounts and company retirements. The top few percent never have to worry about going without because they will always have enough for a luxurious living regardless of how badly they screw up.

I am not delusional but I do see clearly and am willingly describe what I see. I see America’s workers floundering while its elites loot the country for ever more wealth they can squander in Bangladesh, Bangalore or Bahrain or on ruinous wars where they make ever more money supplying guns, bullets and mercenaries.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:41 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
DC - It not I that am removed from reality. I am removed from your reality. I just see a different reality form yours. Yours is the successful reality of the investment classes and mine is the endless striving to stay afloat of the workers faced with great uncertainty and business system designed to transfer wealth upward.

My policies would reduce the amount of overseas profit flowing to the stock market and replace it with wages going to the working people of the country. Yes, this would reduce the value of the market somewhere closer to reality and hurt people forced into owning investment accounts. So what? I suspect less the half of our population with incomes below the median even have investment accounts and those over have both investment accounts and company retirements. The top few percent never have to worry about going without because they will always have enough for a luxurious living regardless of how badly they screw up.

I am not delusional but I do see clearly and am willingly describe what I see. I see America’s workers floundering while its elites loot the country for ever more wealth they can squander in Bangladesh, Bangalore or Bahrain or on ruinous wars where they make ever more money supplying guns, bullets and mercenaries.
Don't worry about those kind of posters; they repeat the same nonsense ad nauseum without saying anything. You and I are pretty much on the same page in that I feel we are debasing ourselves to accommodate slave wages on the global scale. Germany and Japan don't do it to themselves, why should we?
I'm also not too happy with certain aspects of Obama's policies, such as continuing the drug war, but I also live in a fairly right-wing country where we have to pick our battles, and right now the battle should be against those who want to not only block all progress, but take our country back not to the 1950s but the 1790s.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Don't worry about those kind of posters; they repeat the same nonsense ad nauseum without saying anything. You and I are pretty much on the same page in that I feel we are debasing ourselves to accommodate slave wages on the global scale. Germany and Japan don't do it to themselves, why should we?
I'm also not too happy with certain aspects of Obama's policies, such as continuing the drug war, but I also live in a fairly right-wing country where we have to pick our battles, and right now the battle should be against those who want to not only block all progress, but take our country back not to the 1950s but the 1790s.

Liberals oppose what Germany and Japan have done-

1. corporate consumption tax (not a tarriff)

2. No NAFTA

3. No China most favored nation trade status

4. lower corporate tax rates

5. No trial lawyers association

6. No EPA

Japan and Germany are much more highly unionized than the US. What we have in place is a poor trade and tax policy.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
How does this poll thread differ in any way from this poll thread:

I'm new here - which way does this board lean?

Approximately 66% of this board are either Republicans or lean towards the right, so why should we expect the results of this poll to be any different?

If you want a true gauge, you need equal representation from each side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies