Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM

46 posts, read 40,727 times

Advertisements

Isn't it weird that within thirty minutes after I read this message, I go to the next chapter in my Bible study and find the answer to your question. I studied Acts 1 yesterday and today I'm studying Acts 2.

Peter is giving a sermon at Pentecost and referring back to the word of God. He then gives the answer to your question Nunnor. I'm going to paste below from what i just typed up in my notes.

Peter’s message again is to the Jews, and he makes it clear that the Jews didn’t make a mistake, but that it was God’s predetermined plan that the Jews crucify Jesus. An interesting concept to understand is that the Jews are criticized for slaying Christ, but Peter mentions here that it was God’s predetermined plan that Jesus would be sacrificed by his own people.

Notice as Peter talks about the cross he's not speaking of some horrible, tragic accident that happened. But in referring to the cross, he is talking about it as God's predetermined counsel and foreknowledge. It could not be any other way, because the cross was prophesied in the Old Testament. And the very fact that there are prophecies of the cross, death on the cross: Psalm 22, Isaiah 52, "lifted up" a term used for crucifixion, and His death prophesied in Isaiah 53. There can be no other conclusion but what the death of Jesus Christ on the cross was planned by God long before Jesus ever came into the world. And thus, it is manifestly wrong to try to blame the Jews or to try to blame the Romans or anybody else for the cross. It was something that God had predetermined by His own foreknowledge--a method by which He might manifest the extent of His love for lost man. And so, as he refers to the cross, he talks about God's predetermined counsel, and thus the scripture speaks of Christ crucified from the foundations of world. Before man ever sinned, God had in mind to send His Son to redeem man from his sin, and thus to manifest God's love for sinning man. It's all part of God's predetermined plan, His foreknowledge.

Isn't is so great how God works in our lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
I always wondered why Americans support Jewish State of Israel a lot? Jews are only 2% of the U.S. population, yet it seems like the majority of people in this nation support them a lot. I understand their history of persecution, but other people have had history of persecution as well.

What makes it bizare is that 80% of Americans are Christians and surprised they support group of people that made the Romans kill and persecute their lord and saviour 2,000 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:18 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
I no longer study INR but it started as a Cold War manuever to offset Soviet ambitions in the region. Always under the jargon of retaining a pro-West state with lingering comments about the need of a Jewish state post-Holocaust. That would be through the late 1980s.

Then Israel was important to offset the ambitions of other aggressive states in the region-Iraq, Iran and always hostile states such as Syria. Having another ally to manuever against Egypt as well. Arabs respect strength and the trouncing they have received from Israel made good political power for the US in having an Israeli ally.

Then came 9-2011 and the war on terror gave us a staunch ally who had been fighting similar attacks for decades.

There was always the Jewish lobby and intellectuals in the NE region. The powerbrokers. Although they were offset by intellecturals in the State Dept who tended to be pro-arab.

There it is in a nutshell.

As for popular opinion polls. I really do not see any of that sort.

Last edited by Felix C; 08-15-2012 at 02:39 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Thank you for this great and factual post! There are far too many ignorant Americans, with little knowledge of Israel and the Jews, let alone American history, that have begun to believe the rhetoric of terrorist nations. Why? Is it just pure ignorance? Or is there something else at work.

One thing I do know, is that the infiltration of islamists in our country, even our government, and with it the spreading of their propaganda, has begun to convince an ignorant public that Israel is evil, and Hamas, good!

Organizations such as CAIR, which supports terrorist organizations, have been spreading the lie that Islam is a "peacful religion." Islam has never been a "peaceful religion." There own "holy book" instructs them to "kill the infidel," which is anyone that is not Muslim.

The goal of Islam is to destroy Western civilization, and America (which they call "The Great Satan") and to make America a Muslim State, under Sharia Law!

They also wish to "wipe Israel off the face of the earth."

Wake up, people!
i don't think most americans are anti israel or pro muslim. (or vice versa)

we just want to stay out of their battles, and not get sucked in.

what's wrong with that? those countries have been fighting for a long time and will fight whether we are there or not.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:20 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Going to blame Bobby Kennedy's assassination by a secular Christian on Islam too? Or just admit that the Palestinians were driven out of their own land at gunpoint, and that such things p*** normal people off?
Go back to the Wikipedia article. Review carefully Sirhan's motivations, as he expressed them himself.

The Palestinians and other Arabs tried to push the Israelis out immediately after the UN mandated the partition. They got their butts kicked, and they've been crying about it ever since.

Just like you.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Israel serves little or no purpose to the US, they are more of a liability than anything else. They need us we don't need them, they have enough trouble defending their own borders. What good is an ally where we can't use their military bases and cannot ask for their assistance in a conflict. How much good did they do with Libya, Egypt, Kuwait, they are an ally in name only, completely useless. The alliance creates a huge downside with the Arab world and virtually guarantees our failure.

"Israel serves little or no purpose to the US"
Of course they serve a purpose as in the case when they took out Iraqs nuclear plant or keeping a balance of power in the middle East. We keep our hands free to play peace maker and they get their hands dirty. Even Saudi Arabia will look the other way when Israel flys over SA territory to take care of Irans potential nuclear threat (if or when it happens). Besides that we get to see how our equipment performs in actual battle field conditions while American troops stay out of harms way. It's a perfect symbiotic relationship!

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-15-2012 at 04:48 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 04:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Of course they serve a purpose as in the case when they took out Iraqs nuclear plant or keeping a balance of power in the middle East. We keep our hands free to play peace maker and they get their hands dirty. Even Saudi Arabia will look the other way when Israel flys over SA territory to take care of Irans potential nuclear threat (if or when it happens). Besides that we get to see how our equipment performs in actual battle field conditions while American troops stay out of harms way. It's a perfect symbiotic relationship!
That is the correct analysis from the US foreign policy perspective, and one which every Administration since Truman has clearly understood. Thank you.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I might have missed that one, do you have a link, so the US is free now no need to worry about Iran's nuclear capability. Tell me why this in the news every day if the job is done, why the embargo of Iran if Israel destroyed their capability.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCzar View Post
Isn't it weird that within thirty minutes after I read this message, I go to the next chapter in my Bible study and find the answer to your question. I studied Acts 1 yesterday and today I'm studying Acts 2.

Peter is giving a sermon at Pentecost and referring back to the word of God. He then gives the answer to your question Nunnor. I'm going to paste below from what i just typed up in my notes.

Peter’s message again is to the Jews, and he makes it clear that the Jews didn’t make a mistake, but that it was God’s predetermined plan that the Jews crucify Jesus. An interesting concept to understand is that the Jews are criticized for slaying Christ, but Peter mentions here that it was God’s predetermined plan that Jesus would be sacrificed by his own people.

Notice as Peter talks about the cross he's not speaking of some horrible, tragic accident that happened. But in referring to the cross, he is talking about it as God's predetermined counsel and foreknowledge. It could not be any other way, because the cross was prophesied in the Old Testament. And the very fact that there are prophecies of the cross, death on the cross: Psalm 22, Isaiah 52, "lifted up" a term used for crucifixion, and His death prophesied in Isaiah 53. There can be no other conclusion but what the death of Jesus Christ on the cross was planned by God long before Jesus ever came into the world. And thus, it is manifestly wrong to try to blame the Jews or to try to blame the Romans or anybody else for the cross. It was something that God had predetermined by His own foreknowledge--a method by which He might manifest the extent of His love for lost man. And so, as he refers to the cross, he talks about God's predetermined counsel, and thus the scripture speaks of Christ crucified from the foundations of world. Before man ever sinned, God had in mind to send His Son to redeem man from his sin, and thus to manifest God's love for sinning man. It's all part of God's predetermined plan, His foreknowledge.

Isn't is so great how God works in our lives!
The only thing weird is someone using a document written thousands of years ago, by people with their own individual biases, to justify current actions.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times
Quote:

I realize there are many agnostic Jews today. However I am standing firm in supporting scripture and the nation of Israel like any Bible-believing Christian should.

I stand firm for true Israel.

True Israel is NOT the antichrist Edomite-jew false "Israel" who has usurped and perverted God's ancient Holy Land.

Quote:

And dont worry about the screen name. Don't look too much into it. I realize that moron we have in the white house likes to use it and I completely distance from him.

I had to at this statement.

If your post had been before May 7, I would be wondering about your true identity.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times

My, my... so many MIA posts.

What is it you fear ?

Prophecy ?

Or history repeating itself ?

The two are connected.

Your extreme efforts to micro-manage and control,
may be the catalyst that propels you to your destiny.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies