Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Jeeez, Roy do you actually think I could take away your right to vote? I would never do that, I want to think that when I vote I will be nulifying yours.

Just curious was the drunken Kansas skinny dipper your Rep?
The Kansas Representative is from Kansas City and that is 300 miles from me. My rep does represent an area that goes from the southwest border to the northeast border though.

You can't cancel my vote since I will be voting in Kansas and Obama has no chance to win here. I will not try to vote in Dallas since I am not registered there. Nope you won't cancel my vote since I won't vote for Obama but we do live in different states. That means we won't have any of the same people on our ballots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So WHO is behind this group posting this stuff? I'd definitely call it "swift boating" or trying to "swift boat" Obama.

Here's a very accurate quote from your link:

"Seeing the new outrageous attacks made against President Obama from a shadowy Republican-allied veterans group called OPSEC, which take issue with the mission to kill Osama bin Laden, remind me all too well of the notorious “Swift Boat” attacks I faced in the 2004 campaign. I honor and appreciate the service of my fellow veterans, but a false attack is a false attack — no matter who’s making it.
It’s not enough to wish them away or dismiss them because they come in part from “birthers” who still won’t concede that President Obama was born here in the United States."
I just checked your quote on Google since you failed to provide a link to your quote. I found that it came from the e-mail from Jon Carry to the Democrat Party and had to wonder what the hell he was talking about. In other words he claimed that the Swift Boaters who he was kind of one of, told many lies about him. Yet he doesn't mention the fact that he took down one of his Purple Heart awards from his website just before the election. Maybe he had lied a bit about that one. He even stretched some of his other medal claims and of course he wrote all of them himself.

I never did see him prove any of the attacks to be untrue, but then I didn't support Carry, either.

Here is a link to what I read from Google: Never assume | Democrats.org

I also read an article written on the 17th of August in DC Links and found that then, just two days after the coming out party for the Dishonorable Disclosures there had been over 1 million people who had seen it. Well now, in looking at it again I see that more than 3,017,000 have seen it by now. Wow, I wonder if the Dems are going to be able to claim that most of those people are Dems looking in. Yep, nobody is worried about it all as Glorious Leader Obama says.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I read the Obama transcript. I didn't see one area where he took credit.

There is only one thing worse than blindness and that's seeing things that aren't there.
"Today, at my direction,".

If that is NOT taking credit, I don't know what is.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
President Obama commissioned this assassination and should get credit for that. The Navy Seals did the deed and should get credit for that. Leaks are the curse of every administration.

As an ex River Rat (Riverine forces, Mekong Delta, RSVN, 1966 -7) I can say the SWIFTBOATERS are the most despicable set of LIARS that ever existed. WTF do a bunch of lawyers that were never there know about the Rat F88k that was the war in the delta? Nothing that is what.
Did YOU serve with Kerry?

Were you an eye witness to every thing he claimed?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Today, at my direction,".

If that is NOT taking credit, I don't know what is.
They can't handle the fact that he really did say those words and won't discuss it with you.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did YOU serve with Kerry?

Were you an eye witness to every thing he claimed?
Many who were eye witnesses to what Jon Carry did told what they thought was the truth and the Dems refused to believe any of it because their candidate was being accused.

I don't think any of THEM really understand about what the Winter Soldier thing was and how untruthful most of those men who had never been to Vietnam were. Those men had spent most of the war in Canada.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Default Navy Seals Special OPSEC team bashing Obama has a birther as a member. Lot of credibility there.

Fox News Contributor Major General Paul Vallely: Retired CIA Agents I've Had Look At Obama's Birth Certificate Say It Is Fraudulent | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

"They have a good point. I wish there was better OPSEC (operational security), and fewer leaks," said retired Navy SEAL Capt. Rick Woolard, who commanded several SEAL units. "But I would prefer that SEALs and other special operators would sit down and shut the hell up."

Read more on Newsmax.com: SEALs Group Comes Under Military Fire for Criticizing Obama

Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
I wonder if disgraced Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is a member of that group....

Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
I have high respect for Bill Cowan and if says it's wrong it's probably wrong....... a good interview with the seals and their opinion on this.... go to video below
Navy SEALs Hit Back at Pres. Obama's 'Condescending and Belittling' Comments - Navy SEALs - Fox Nation

Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
I myself agree with the SEALs. There are ways to leak and there is a time to leak. One can not help but wonder if the leaks were intended for purely political reasons. Any potential use of the intel gained was lost. The Doctor who made it possible is jailed. There was certainly a lot more outrage from the left when a desk jockey was outed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies