Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:51 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is well known that illegal immigrants are bringing many non-tropical diseases with them into the country.
as well, some illegal immigrants do bring tropical diseases.

it is beyond out of control in this country.

from houston chronicle:
The discovery of more cases in the United States, however, is starting to get attention. In Texas, those include an outbreak of dengue fever in Brownsville; common occurrences in Houston of a tapeworm that invades the brain; and a parasitic disease, transmitted by "the kissing bug" and affecting the heart and digestive system, that scientists now estimate afflicts more than a quarter of a million people living in Texas.

Hundreds of thousands

Hotez reported in a scientific journal last month that hundreds of thousands of people in Texas are afflicted with "neglected tropical diseases." This term was coined to distinguish overlooked diseases prevalent in low-income regions in Africa, Asia and the Americas from HIV-AIDS, malaria and TB, tropical diseases known to all and benefitting from celebrity spokespeople. By contrast, neglected tropical diseases come with multisyllabic names like neurocysticercosis and leishmaniasis.

those are some nasty diseases to have, and multiply that by other foreign entrance points all throughout the country, and the slow diagnosis of those diseases while people are communicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 07:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is well known that illegal immigrants are bringing many non-tropical diseases with them into the country.
Oh, no, they don't. Most Mexicans are better immunized than Americans.

Mexico more effective than U.S. at immunizing children | Vaccination News

Why Has Whooping Cough Returned?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Didn't take long to deflect this thread away from the original intent, did it?

Can't be talking about some of the effects of the growing inequality of wealth in this country. Better to just blame Obama/immigrants/liberals.
Because the original intent was a leftist propaganda spech designed to bash one side and evade the truth

Old 08-19-2012, 07:42 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Disease control is another reason we have those immigration laws that so many people think are just racists and unjust.

Exactly. We are the only country on the face of the earth that feels the need to reward illegals who brought their children with them and have lived here for decades while skirting our laws. I guess a plague has to occur before someone sounds the alarm.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Defensive much? Who said anything about mexicans? Not all mexicans are illegal aliens. That being said, the vast majority of illegals in the US are mexicans and they contribute greatly to the population of diseased, and unchecked.

Quote:
Illegal immigration raises disease risks
Quote:

February 19, 2012 9:00 AM
ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail Story

To the editor:

Did you know that hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants crossing our borders without being health-screened have brought us thousands of new cases of leprosy in the years since we opened the southern border?

Additionally, they brought tens of thousands of cases of incurable, i.e. multiple-drug resistant, tuberculosis; hundreds of thousands of cases of highly resistant hepatitis; blood parasites; head lice; and many other diseases.

Chagas disease is an inflammatory, infectious disease caused by a parasite found in the feces of the triatomine bug. Chagas disease is common in South America, Central America and Mexico, the primary home of the triatomine bug. Rare cases of Chagas disease have been found in the southern United States as well, but it is coming close to high levels now and can be passed from person to person.
http://www.jdnews.com/articles/disea...-chickens.html

Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:

Can't be talking about some of the effects of the growing inequality of wealth in this country. Better to just blame Obama/immigrants/liberals.
Not even the picture in the article was any good. 3 guys siting out in chairs on a hot evening watching color tv, with their cars all nice and shiney parked right there. The trailer is older, the shed mated to it isn't the best, but it was dragged in from some other place i would guess, andb the whole has been painted the same light blue.

I don't see anything that looks like poverty, which usually has a very littered look. IE cars rolled over up side down, maybe a dog chained to the car, littler every where, old machine of all kinds laying about.

That pic isn't total squalor ....... Looks like camp.....

And so far I have not seen the Democrats give up 2 cents to the poor. On the other hand I know conservs do and I have watched them do it, and helped where i could myself.

Democrats are always about 'ME" and what can 'I" Get. They like to make the rules for everyone but themselves.

So no I don't buy the article, the lie, or much of anything other than this is Obama's big plan. Break the nation to it's knees, and create the next 3rd world..

Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:

I hope you see this post.....

Wasn't it also Mexicans who were vera chipping their kids when otherwise getting vaccinated?

I may have the name wrong, but the vera chip was a rice size ID chip that was being injected into Mex kids and American pets. I haven't heard much about it in the past 5 years or so....

I would not personally be fond of that either, but it may show the Mexicans do care about their kids.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Defensive much? Who said anything about mexicans? Not all mexicans are illegal aliens. That being said, the vast majority of illegals in the US are mexicans and they contribute greatly to the population of diseased, and unchecked.

Illegal immigration raises disease risks | disease, cases, chickens - News Source for Jacksonville, North Carolina - jdnews.com
"Illegal immigrants" is a code word for Mexicans. You just acknowledged that. I'm generally not too swayed by letters to the editor from uninformed bozos.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

Your post brought up South Texas and disease from Central and Latin American nations. How do you think it's happening?

Most of the poverty in the USA is imported poverty from third world countries and Obama has done absolutely zilch for immigration enforcement. Sure to us that house in that picture looked kind of bad but to them it's far better than what they had back home. Especially since here it comes with housing vouchers, food stamps, Medicaid and much more.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
"Illegal immigrants" is a code word for Mexicans. You just acknowledged that. I'm generally not too swayed by letters to the editor from uninformed bozos.
No, I didnot. What I did acknowledge is that they are the largest population of illegal aliens in America. As far as what you are swayed by is your perogative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies