Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:32 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
did anyone even notice this?
If that turns out to be true (although it seems awfully "convenient"), I'm sure they will not be charged with a hate crime... they're only investigating the incident, people, nobody has been charged yet! Did anyone even notice THAT?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I remember watching that ozzy osbourne show and they got pissed at their neighbors for playing loud music or whatever it was and he went and tossed a ham at em. I guess good thing they weren't muslim or he'd be in jail now.
See, now that is a clever joke IMO...

Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears they just physically attack folks.
Right... and NO other American has ever been known to do that, nor has ANY other protest ever become violent. Heck, this was tame compared to some of the "pro-life" and anti-Israel (among other) protests I've seen! Not that two wrongs make a right, but clearly this isn't a Muslim phenomenon.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet they have no idea just how much is made with pork by-products and I'm not just talking about food.
And I bet you have no idea just how little they give a crap. Most devout Muslims only shop at Halal markets, and prepare the majority of their food at home... do you often see (obviously clothed) Muslims at Arby's?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You people really don't get it, do you? Unbelievable that I'm the only one who sees their point, and I'm freakin' Jewish!!! Offending isn't a hate crime, intentionally attacking somebody based on their race or religion is. Got it?? Most American Muslims just want to be left alone, and anyone here who doesn't respect their freedom to worship without being targeted is the one who needs "get on a jet and leave" (as another poster so eloquently suggested).

And no, it's not about the stupid bacon - it's about the lack of common decency, respect, and understanding of our laws, which all seem to be the American way lately.

There is the "you people" thing again.

Get off your high horse, before you get knocked off.

I've been attacked here on these very forums, because the ignorant liberal, thought I was a Christian.
I corrected them, without a lash back of hatred. It is called, turning the other cheek, in the tolerant Christian faith.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I have never understood HATE crime. Isn't all crimes hate? Who does a crime because they love you?
Why is this so confusing to some people? The term "hate crime" means to target based on a specific bias, in other words it's all about prejudicial motivation... and actually, "love crimes" aren't all that uncommon (ever heard of crimes of passion or domestic violence?).

Maybe you should all peruse this site: FBI — Hate Crimes

Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"Hate crime" is a colloquialism for bias motivated crime. Bias motivated sentence enhancement laws increase the sentences for worse criminals with more sinister motivations.
I still think it means the same.

All Crimes are committed for sinister reasons.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what makes one sin worst than the another?

Whoever is without sin cast the first stone.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is the "you people" thing again.

Get off your high horse, before you get knocked off.

I've been attacked here on these very forums, because the ignorant liberal, thought I was a Christian.
I corrected them, without a lash back of hatred. It is called, turning the other cheek, in the tolerant Christian faith.
By "you people" I meant the people on this thread, LOL. I have no idea if you're a liberal, conservative, Christian, Jew, or whatever - I am only talking about those of who don't understand this issue. So yes, YOU PEOPLE. I thought Muslims were the sensitive ones?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And I bet you have no idea just how little they give a crap. Most devout Muslims only shop at Halal markets, and prepare the majority of their food at home... do you often see (obviously clothed) Muslims at Arby's?

Obviously in your hasty rant, you totally forgot how to comprehend what you read.

Not food related... there are so many things made. Ever hear of a thing called soap?
Oh snaps!

Or is that why they smell like a perfume / cologne factory, or reek of BO?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I still think it means the same.

Crimes are committed for sinister reasons.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what makes one sin worst than the another?

Whoever is without sin cast the first stone.
Well, it is not the same. Why? Because you have to consider motivation in a crime, which is true in just about ANY criminal offense. Who is likely more of a danger to society - the teenager in love who painted "T.C. loves P.R." on a rock, or the skinhead who spray-painted swastikas and "Die Juden" on a synagogue wall? If you don't see how those two crimes are different, I don't know what to say to you.

And no, not all crimes are necessarily sinister in nature... is a pot smoker (in harsh-penalty states) being sinister when he/she lights up a joint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies