Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
chitcago ?

isnt that where our fearless leader in chief is from ?
No, he's from Hawaii.

I know to ***** kickers it's all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
A large segment of Black America is mired in a self destructive cycle. The liberals protect this dysfunctional culture for votes and patronage so nothing is ever really done about it. All that can be done now is contain the carnage. On that score Chicago is doing a decent job the bloodbath occurs in a handful of hoods dominated by Blacks.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
No, he's from Hawaii.

I know to ***** kickers it's all the same.
He claims Chicago as his home base his wife's family is from there.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its a by product of being poor with nothing left to lose where gang membership becomes the norm.
As jobs become ever increasingly difficult to find for inner city inhabitants (For Now) expect more of the same and a growing spectrum of gang violence to spread beyond the inner cities..
Lots of poor people in Chinatowns in NYC and San Francisco. Plenty of poor in Appalachia and El Paso. Not seeing the same level of violence. Try again.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:56 AM

The murders in Atlanta are almost exclusively committed by Blacks.
Frankly it's marginally better than Chicago not much to brag about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with you that the number is shocking. I lived in Detroit for a small amount of time and I have family who still live there. I visit Chicago regularly and my husband wants us to move there as he misses him hometown. FWIW, Chicago is a decent city. Most of the crime takes place in specific areas and other neighborhoods rarely see any sort of murders at all.

Even though I am bothered by the numbers, I can also admit that over the last 40 years crime in Chicago has improved. I feel more should be done to combat the violence all over this country, but the focus on this city in particular on these boards, this city and Detroit is pretty ridiculous IMO.

I currently live in Atlanta and we have about 200-300 murders a year usually. Chicago has about 300-400 usually or a little more than 400 even though their population is MUCH greater than Atlanta so in that respect you would be more likely to be murdered in Atlanta, which has less than 1 million residents, than Chicago which has about 5 million residents.

Even many national crime statistics do not rate Chicago to be among the most dangerous cities in the country (Source)

11 most dangerous cities shown on the source above were

1. St. Louis
2. Atlanta
3. Birmingham (tie)
4. Orlando (tie)
5. Detroit
6. Memphis
7. Miami
8. Baltimore
9. Kansas City, MO
10. Minneapolis (tie)
11. Cleveland (tie)

Old 08-25-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
NBC
[LEFT]

How about you stop with the faux outrage and do a little research?
[/LEFT]
It's a shame folks don't know the difference between local and national media. Or a news site that simply aggregates local stories.

At any rate I know of one major national outlet in fact one show who has consistently featured the violence in Chicago, CNN in particular Anderson Cooper.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's a shame folks don't know the difference between local and national media. Or a news site that simply aggregates local stories.

At any rate I know of one major national outlet in fact one show who has consistently featured the violence in Chicago, CNN in particular Anderson Cooper.
What he hell is ABC national news??

Memorial Weekend Shootings in Chicago courtesy of ABC News - YouTube

Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When they report it on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX evening NATIONAL news, then I considered it covered.

Not news articles online. I could find news about a mosquito landing on a horse's ass online also. But that's not the national evening news.

Especially when these shootings have been happening with regularity all year long, and not a single peep out of the president.

If this happened under any other president, the FBI would already be involved.

Crime in Chicago 2012
and just why should the FBI be involved???? when did shooting someone in the hood become a federal crime???

Old 08-25-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
and just why should the FBI be involved???? when did shooting someone in the hood become a federal crime???
Obama lived in Chicago, right wingers hate Obama, FBI should get involved

Old 08-25-2012, 06:19 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Another shooting in the USA............. Well done gun lobby and the 2nd amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies