Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

The mainstream media's silence makes one wonder if they care about people living in the inner city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It's a good thing that Chicago has restrictions on firearms! That really helped.
McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sure it's only a coincidence that this explosion in gun violence is happening not too long after Chicago's handgun ban was lifted.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
When a species propagates exponentially like what has occurred in the rust belt cities what should be expected other than killing each other off?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's obvious that the mainstream media is deliberately suppressing this news.

Why?

35 Hurt, 7 Killed in Chicago Shootings | NBC Chicago

The Empire State building shooting is disturbing enough but, isn't this even more heinous?

Once again, I'm calling 2012, the summer of blood.
Is that in 0bama's old senate district?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Because it's New York and it's the Empire State Building and that's where 9/11 happened.

Also, you are overdoing it with your title.

We don't need another one of you. Go cry about Chicago somewhere else.

You don't know the context of the shootings. Way to be ignorant about a topic yet run your mouth. I'm not surprised.
LOL

Nah, I'll complain about my corrupt city all I want.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
When a species propagates exponentially like what has occurred in the rust belt cities what should be expected other than killing each other off?
You have to try to be wrong because ignorance can only go so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
LOL

Nah, I'll complain about my corrupt city all I want.

This has nothing to do with corruption. And all you do is complain. I'm not saying you can't, but you are at the point of pathetic.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Maybe thats because 19 weren't killed as your title incorrectly status. Also, maybe you should try google, it has been reported.
If the 19 reported in the post you tore into had all been killed I wonder how many would have been wounded. I think you took a swing at truth with a falsely stated attempt at deflection.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:55 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Urban violence in general doesn't get that much coverage in the US media. It's a depressing subject. Chicago doesn't even have anywhere near the highest murder rate among American cities, sadly enough.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's just Americans exercising their constitutional right to bear arms.

I really don't see what the problem is.
Finally, we get the word from the left leaners. GET THOSE GUNS SO ONLY THE BAD GUYS WILL HAVE THEM.

That is what you are saying, isn't it?

Do you think there is a chance that some oif this is planned in the attempt to take up all the legal guns so only the bad guys, who, of course, won't turn theirs in, will have them? I think it may well be part of a plan.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:59 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finally, we get the word from the left leaners. GET THOSE GUNS SO ONLY THE BAD GUYS WILL HAVE THEM.

That is what you are saying, isn't it?

Do you think there is a chance that some oif this is planned in the attempt to take up all the legal guns so only the bad guys, who, of course, won't turn theirs in, will have them? I think it may well be part of a plan.
Yeah, that argument has been proven wrong 'boy. Go look at the statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies