Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,764,037 times

Advertisements

I agree with the notion that not just the president, but all politicians are our employees. I hold quite radical views in this respect. Politicians are below us in the hierarchy, not above as they seem to think they are. We pay them to do their job, and when we think they suck at it, we should be able to fire them at any time, not just every 4 years or so.

Regarding those transcripts, I think if people feel like they have a right to see them, they should have demanded that BEFORE he got elected, i.e. hired. Nor are those transcripts job requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
yawn!

Old 08-27-2012, 12:40 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I hate to break this to you but you are living a fantasy.
The President does not serve the people; he serves the elite class and world banking interests who control the White House along with the rest of government.
In reality, there is no accountability to the people by government; because the people are simply peasants who are deceived into thinking they have some say in their lives.
Do you really think your vote matters? Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?
Unfortunately, this is the truth...... and no matter if Romney gets elected or we get that clown Obama again, nothing will change until people start turning off the mainstream tv news and garbage tv in general

Wake up, start thinking for yourself and use logic...... and hope millions more do the same.... get rid of all the current partisan politicians

Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I've been asked for my transcripts.
So have I. But I've held jobs requiring high levels of intelligence; therein lies the difference.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
True - but voters can express their wishes as to what they would like to see - and there is nothing unconstitutional about such a request.

If a candidate refuses to follow through - they only run the risk of not being elected.
Absolutely.

Therefore, the controversy over Obama's transcripts is absolutely idiotic.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
I know that under old British political structure that a Prime Minister is the first servant to the people..That he or she is an employee of the people and a servant to the Crown...Not sure about a President though. I would say that the job of a President is to preside over the governmental assembly. The second part of the meaning would be to sit in front..to guard or protect that assembly...His capacity could be in the protection of the government from foreign force or influence...Or to protect the assembly from domestic threat...That does not really make him an employee of the people, nor a servant of the people.

The representatives who are elected by the people are the employees of the people..The glitch may lay in the fact that the president may have the power to block the people from having power over their employees..who are the assembly..I just wonder how it works...Does the assembly request of their presiding guard ...the President..to block the will of the people...if they see fit? It's a strange system...it was more clear under the old British system..The Crown would instruct the Prime Minister...Now with out a King or Queen..who has ultimate power? OR has the system become so convoluted and complex that projection of power is restrained to the point of static?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
What is the president hiding?
Nothing.

Since you think that the American people are the President's employer, why don't you go to the White House and demand to see whatever records you want to see. Let us know how that works out for you.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I agree with the notion that not just the president, but all politicians are our employees. I hold quite radical views in this respect. Politicians are below us in the hierarchy, not above as they seem to think they are. We pay them to do their job, and when we think they suck at it, we should be able to fire them at any time, not just every 4 years or so.

Regarding those transcripts, I think if people feel like they have a right to see them, they should have demanded that BEFORE he got elected, i.e. hired. Nor are those transcripts job requirements.
Yes, that is a very radical view, and would create total chaos.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,244,536 times
Quote:
The following was posted in another thread(now closed) as an argument as to why President Obama is not required to make his college transcripts public.

The problem with that reasoning is that being POTUS is quite unlike any other job. When a president is elected - that person is hired to do a job - and the hiring personnel are you and I.

It is true that only an individual can release their own transcripts - but an employer can require them as a hiring precondition. As the people who make the hiring decision - we as voters can request that a candidate release their records if they wish to get our vote.

Also - since he voters are the public - as well as those who hire the president - releasing the transcripts to the public would not be an issue.
Too bad that like the modern CEO, the ones who "employ" him no longer have the slightest control over what he does.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I hate to break this to you but you are living a fantasy.
The President does not serve the people; he serves the elite class and world banking interests who control the White House along with the rest of government.
In reality, there is no accountability to the people by government; because the people are simply peasants who are deceived into thinking they have some say in their lives.
Do you really think your vote matters? Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies