Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:46 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Most dogs like people, but are not happy when groups of men come crashing into their home uninvited. A yapping Pomeranian may or may not be safe in this situation. A Pit Bull or any other large dog, probably is not.
It came up somewhere on this forum, that a medical emergency can put dogs in danger. I've worried what would happen if I were home alone and needed an ambulance, could reach a phone but wouldn't be able to put my dogs away. They like people, but I'm sure they wouldn't understand emergency personell crashing in, and would want to protect me. I don't know whether they'd attack, but no one is going to come into a house with barking pit bulls, and not protect themselves.
She said, the dog wasn't even barking but it's hard to believe the dog wouldn't have been acting protective under the circumstances, no matter how friendly it was. It's a tragedy, but I don't think you can fault the officers.

ETA: My answer to the medical emergency dilemma? If no one else was near enough to help, I'd be half-inclined to just not call 911. Don't tell my husband.
You would sacrificial your own life for that of a dog?

What have some people become?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:50 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
This started out on the dog forum. If it had been on P&OC I probably wouldn't have mentioned that!
I don't really know what I'd do. But if it was a question of lying there in pain for hours with a broken hip or something, damn straight I wouldn't sacrifice my dogs.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You would sacrificial your own life for that of a dog?

What have some people become?
It's viewing your dog as a loving member of the family, that is dependent upon you to keep them safe, as opposed to a piece of property. I agree with her. The safety of all members of the family is something we are always concerned about, that's being responsible.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's viewing your dog as a loving member of the family, that is dependent upon you to keep them safe, as opposed to a piece of property. I agree with her. The safety of all members of the family is something we are always concerned about, that's being responsible.
Sorry pets are NOT human beings and anyone who claims otherwise is so far out there, air has to be pumped to them.

There is nothing wrong with loving a pet but to put them on the same level as humans is sick!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If they were monitoring the house how could they not know there was a dog inside and bring the rod and a tranquilizing gun with them?
You would think so, and if they were going to shoot the dog why not a pistol a .357 Mag would have at least killed him. A shotgun just doesn't make any sense here............ If these cops are going to carry a gun they need to know what the damn thing does.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry pets are NOT human beings and anyone who claims otherwise is so far out there, air has to be pumped to them.

There is nothing wrong with loving a pet but to put them on the same level as humans is sick!
yes, they are far superior to humans.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
yes, they are far superior to humans.
I met more good dogs than I have good people and more bad people than I have bad dogs.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/government/law_enforcement_and_police/news.php?q=1346676073

Very sad...... ROTTON/STUPID COPS!!! -- WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO SAY ENOUGH??

sooner or later some erson will not be beaten down by the stormtroopers breaking down their door, and the storm troopers will be leaving that home in bodybags.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You would think so, and if they were going to shoot the dog why not a pistol a .357 Mag would have at least killed him. A shotgun just doesn't make any sense here............ If these cops are going to carry a gun they need to know what the damn thing does.
Most Police Departments dumped their .357 Mags in the early 80's and switched to 9mm. In the early 90's most switched from 9mm to .40 S&W. A .357 Mag and a 125 grain JHP out of a 4 inch barrel is not a comparison to a 12 gauge with OO buck. Someone didn't get a very good shot off.

12 gauge 00 buckshot vs phonebook - YouTube

12 gauge shotgun (buckshot) vs Cantaloupe - YouTube

Old 09-08-2012, 10:10 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Most Police Departments dumped their .357 Mags in the early 80's and switched to 9mm. In the early 90's most switched from 9mm to .40 S&W. A .357 Mag and a 125 grain JHP out of a 4 inch barrel is not a comparison to a 12 gauge with OO buck. Someone didn't get a very good shot off.

12 gauge 00 buckshot vs phonebook - YouTube

12 gauge shotgun (buckshot) vs Cantaloupe - YouTube
I understand the change of guns, still doesn't give any reason to use a shotgun on a dog or human. If they went in with intent to kill the dog at least do it humanly........by the way the dog wasn't even being aggressive. I call this chicken-shhit cops that really didn't know what they were dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies