Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Unions were busted because they were being paid artificially high wages, and it is unsustainable to pay wages dramatically above a market rate. What would you rather have? A company lay off 2000 employees, or a company bust a union and pay everyone a few $'s less? Do you know whose responsibility it is to create a job? Yours. Mine. Not the government. Create something for yourself and stop blaming someone else for 'putting the middle class out of work'

Do you think labor cartels are only possible? What do you think has more of a possibility to break ranks and sell into the market? Impovished rabble or minerals in the ground with their "human representatives"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The republicans are just as good at ruining the economy except they don't even give you canned food. They expect you to die.
No, they expect you to work and contribute to society.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Since most middle class families live in a house with a yard, they can stop paying for landscapers (if they do) and instead plant vegetable gardens. They can eat more home cooked meals and stop getting fast food, takeout or prepared frozen meals. And their children should learn to cook and know how to manage a budget. Cut the cable bill, stop playing electronic games and instead get outside for exercise and social activities.

It's time to go back to traditional values.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. Normally the middle class isn't entirely dependent on big government for everything it has. Under Obama is is.

Now the middle class will be put on Medicaid, many considered middle class already get government housing vouchers, EITC handouts, food stamps, free meals for their children at the government feeding stations called schools, unemployment handouts that seem to go on indefinitely.

Middle class is fast being redefined down.

I live on a poverty level income, how come I can't get a housing voucher?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
No, they expect you to work and contribute to society.

20yrsinBranson
No they don't.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Since most middle class families live in a house with a yard, they can stop paying for landscapers (if they do) and instead plant vegetable gardens. They can eat more home cooked meals and stop getting fast food, takeout or prepared frozen meals. And their children should learn to cook and know how to manage a budget. Cut the cable bill, stop playing electronic games and instead get outside for exercise and social activities.

It's time to go back to traditional values.

That is good advice but that is exactly what they don't want you to do. It will also tend not to work in the aggregate because the as the subsistence level drops the middle class will not be in the position to take the economic surplus that results.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
And the president says he is protecting the middle class when in reality he is hoping the middle class goes broke and has to depend on government
Hoping?? He's working on it. To the middle class: give me your vote, and I promise you that there will be a safety net for you, provided by the government, and you will be eligible for welfare when I get through with you.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:34 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yep. There are 3.66 unemployed for every job offered, Job JOLTS - There are 3.66 Official Unemployed per Job Opening in February 2012 | The Economic Populist and right wingers refer to all the unemployed as lazy, and good for nothing. They would gleefully cut their own social safety net, so that the rich can be spared a modest increase in their tax rates and they can stick it to brown people.

What's sad is some of the most hard core, anti worker, anti middle class, voters, supporting harming unions, and cutting middle class benefits, are these scared, poorly educated, elderly whites, who can sit back and collect their SS benefits, but eagerly support cutting the benefits of their kids and grandkids.
If nothing else, you are consistent. You just can't resist bringing your racist views into a thread can you?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:34 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Last I checked, there was plenty of beans and rice for sale in the grocery stores in Pennsylvania. You can fill up a belly for about $1 per person per meal. If "the bottom of the middle class" cannot manage that, then I guess we better start taking a good, hard look at what these people are spending their money on. Big screen televisions? Cable? Dish TV with 250 channels? iPhones? Maybe they need to get their priorities straight, ya think????

At one time I was paying 73 percent of my income to rent a room in a house with ten people. There was Dish TV in every room but the landlord put that in to justify the exorbitant rent and keep all the rooms rented.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why should skin color make a difference?
I think the point may be that other people can't just go there and take up residence and take advantage of what is offered. Unlike us they have a closed door policy and are much smaller. The same system will not work here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies