Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Any numbers? I haven't found any. In my area it isn't a problem that merits news.
How would they know until they catch them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 07:46 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
How would they know until they catch them?
Well, someone sees a fraud problem. Where are the numbers that can turn a skeptic like me around. Is it a 20% fraud rate, 30% rate? Those numbers would convince me it is something other than an ingenuous concern for our voting system.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Task Force Finds More Ballots Cast Than Registered Voters
Read more: Task Force Finds More Ballots Cast Than Registered Voters | WISN Home - WISN Home

at the end of the news story it says...
Quote:
Both he and the governor said voter identification would not have solved the problems.
So I say we do the photo ID and more.

Personally, I would like to see voting by absentee ballot eliminated unless one has proof of a good reason to vote that way.

Quote:
Milwaukee Puts a Vote-Fraud Cop Out of Business - WSJ.com

The report found that between 4,600 and 5,300 more votes were counted in Milwaukee than the number of voters recorded as having cast ballots. Absentee ballots were cast by people living elsewhere; ineligible felons not only voted but worked at the polls; transient college students cast improper votes; and homeless voters possibly voted more than once.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Didn't say it was a bad thing. I just haven't seen a single solution to stop the cases of rare voter fraud.
Rare? Com on, how many more times do you have to hear stories like this. Pew estimates there is 24 million, that's million invalid or significantly inaccurate voter registrations. That's not to say all of those are frauds and most likely most of them aren't but you can bet a significant amount of them are. Look at this way, if you have just 500 additional voters in Florida that are frauds they could of swung a presidential election.

While on the topic I'm going to get in before the moaning after the election because that is the next thing. The Democrats are going to be saying they lost not because of invalid voter that can;t vote anymore but people that weren't able to vote.

Quote:
Oh and if the ID is not free, I disagree with it. If an ID is required to vote, there must be a valid one that is free.
Every state that has done this is issuing the ID for free.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:13 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Rare? Com on, how many more times do you have to hear stories like this. Pew estimates there is 24 million, that's million invalid or significantly inaccurate voter registrations. That's not to say all of those are frauds and most likely most of them aren't but you can bet a significant amount of them are. Look at this way, if you have just 500 additional voters in Florida that are frauds they could of swung a presidential election.

While on the topic I'm going to get in before the moaning after the election because that is the next thing. The Democrats are going to be saying they lost not because of invalid voter that can;t vote anymore but people that weren't able to vote.

Every state that has done this is issuing the ID for free.
The problem I have with people saying there is significant fraud problem is what you said: "... you can bet a significant amount..." I don't want to bet, I don't want to speculate, I don't want to lay down a bunch of anecdotes. Just give me the number of convictions in the last election and set them up against the total number of votes cast. Show me your back up.

Is it a national problem? If not, where is this a problem? How big of a problem? Are concerns misplaced (should voter rolls be updated instead and why aren't they, e.g.)?

I hate to see energy wasted on something insignificant.

Last edited by geofra; 09-07-2012 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Just goes to show you corruption occurs with blacks as well as whites...

What shall we nit pick on next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies