Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God will judge.
Right, you dont' need to judge, because God will judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 03:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You seem to do all in your power to tear down a person by trying to associate him with someone who has said something questionable. It is slander.

It is common knowledge that Reverend Wright believes and follows Cone's beliefs.. How can I slander Obama?.. I just posted a video of what was taught in Obama's church. That my friend is not slander. It is truth.

Maybe instead of researching just Mormonism , You will get enlightened by reading what Black Liberation Theology is and the founder Cone. After all if you want to debate get something to debate what Cone said.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Finn, you know I don't believe he is a muslim. Why do you post a lie?
Where did I say anything about you? You know how GOP voters love to portray him as a muslim and the next day he is a radical Christian. Anything goes.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
It is common knowledge that Reverend Wright believes and follows Cone's beliefs.. How can I slander Obama?..
You do it by cherrypicking some comments made by some guy named Cone, and then you say "this is what Obama believes". It's slander. You don't know what Obama believes, you don't even know if he ever saw the guy. Obama was a member of the UCC church and it is not some radical black extremist organizaton, but a mostly white church.

A guick google reveals that Cone teaches in NYC, while Obama's church was nowhere near NYC.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-10-2012 at 04:01 PM..

Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Such intellectual answers I get from the left. I expected someone with some kind of debate. non here.
You never expected or even wanted a debate. You just want to preach at us, as usual. You have a God complex Taratova--you think you're God, worthy to sit in judgment on everyone who isn't as pious as you. I bet Jesus weeps every time you post.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Not to the extent that Cone said that white people must give up their power in order for justice to be done.

Cone also referred to Justice Thomas as not being black at all.
Was Cone the pastor of Obama's church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's possible that Obama does not even really care, and that he only joined that particular church in order to get him some street cred with the local people. The man grew up in Hawaii, went to a posh private school and then graduated from Ivy League schools, is it a stretch that he thought he needed this church to look more like he was down for the struggle?
If Obama were looking for street cred, I don't think he would have joined a UCC church, he would have joined a Baptist, Pentacostal or AME church.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:54 PM

775 posts, read 741,377 times
I will repeat yet again.

How does Obama's affiliation with Rev. Wright compare with Romney's affiliation with a religion that supports polygamy, claims the existence of imaginary white people in the Americas, claims black people are cursed angels and whose founder was an unrepentant racist and misogynist?

Old 09-10-2012, 03:57 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
It is common knowledge that Reverend Wright believes and follows Cone's beliefs.. How can I slander Obama?.. I just posted a video of what was taught in Obama's church. That my friend is not slander. It is truth.

Maybe instead of researching just Mormonism , You will get enlightened by reading what Black Liberation Theology is and the founder Cone. After all if you want to debate get something to debate what Cone said.
Rev. Wright believes and follows Jesus Christ. Rev. Wright's beliefs have been influenced by multiple theologians, including Dr. Cone. Taking words out of Dr. Cone's mouth and putting them in Rev. Wright's is no more valid than taking words out of Rev. Wright's mouth and putting them in Obama's mouth.

Theologically, I bet if you quizzed the members of Trinity and its ministers you would not find a total uniformity of beliefs. Neither the UCC nor Trinity require a uniformity of beliefs.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
I will repeat yet again.

How does Obama's affiliation with Rev. Wright compare with Romney's affiliation with a religion that supports polygamy, claims the existence of imaginary white people in the Americas, claims black people are cursed angels and whose founder was an unrepentant racist and misogynist?
Like said before, I can only imagine how they would attack Romney and mormonism if he was running as a Democrat. Now that he is running as a Rep, they are trying to do their best not even mentioning it.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If Obama were looking for street cred, I don't think he would have joined a UCC church, he would have joined a Baptist, Pentacostal or AME church.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies