Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

This is what is running the teachers union..........

Speaking at a North West Teaching for Social Justice conference in Seattle, Washington in October 2011, Karen Lewis, President of the Chicago Teachers Union, pacing up and down a stage, delivered a sarcastic tirade.

‘I am the only black woman in the class of 1974 from Dartmouth College,’ she said. ‘ Woo. People are impressed. Let me tell you, I spent those years smoking lots of weed, self-medicating. Self-medicating, thank you. '
When there was laughter from the crowd, she added: ‘Sounds like you all did too. Oh, I’m sorry there are kids here! I wasn’t supposed to say that right? Too late!’

A Chicago-born former drug rehabilitation counsellor who then dropped out of medical school in Barbados before becoming a high school chemistry teacher, Lewis, 58, has led the teachers union since June 2010.
In Seattle, she also mocked the speech impediment of Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education under Obama and a former Chicago Public Schools chief.

‘Now, you know he [Duncan] went to private school ’cause if he had gone to public school he would have had that lisp fixed.’ She added sarcastically: ‘I know, that was ugly, wasn’t it? I’m sorry.’
Talking about Duncan’s years at Harvard, she speculated whether he had taken drugs. ‘He was an athlete, so he might not have been self-medicating, but I wouldn’t count on it.’

Karen Lewis, Chicago union chief boasts: I spent college years 'smoking lots of weed' | Mail Online

Obama of course has no comment.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:05 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Wow. I knew their union had to be one of the worst, but I didnt know it was that bad. Unreal. And we are to believe they truly care about the kids more than themselves. How in the hell does someone like that get near kids let alone be a head of the union?

Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM

She keeps it up a cabinet post will be waiting for her if Obama gets re elected.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Conservatives that claim to support workers ALWAYS side against unions.

Remember this when you go to vote in November.

One party is working against middle class people organizing to obtain better pay and benefits for their family.

One party is working to expand the gap between rich and poor.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Looks like Grimace escaped from McDonald's.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

One party is working against middle class people organizing to obtain better pay and benefits for their family.

Complete horsesh!te. Thanks for the laugh though.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:14 PM

876 posts, read 709,366 times
Quote:

They don't need a 16% pay increase at the expense of the children and the rest of their town. The unions don't care if the town goes bankrupt as long as they rake in more money. And the Republicans are the ones that are greedy.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:

Did you even read that woman's comments? She shouldn't be anywhere around teachers or children let alone being the flippin president. That is WHY many don't support unions. The crooks and idiots that run them!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:

Completely out of context to the thread. But I'm not surprised, you are incapable of commenting truthfully about what the woman was quoted as saying. To you, it's all about politics, and solidarity with liberals at any cost.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:19 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Looks like Grimace escaped from McDonald's.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies