Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Simple request. Thanks in advance.
The complaints were made about the "apology" statement from the embassy on Sept 11:

"We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims..."

as you can see, the Obama admin has wiped this statement from their web site http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

So you dig up an Obama statement from the 12th, and ask what all the fuss was about. You are mixing up events.

The truth is, there was no statement from Obama on Sept 11th, even though two US installations were being attacked that afternoon, each attack lasting four hours. One resulted in our flag being torn down and burned, the other in the deaths of Americans and our ambassador. And not one peep from the president, he went to bed to get a good night's sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
"I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

WHILE THE UNITED STATES REJECTS EFFORTS TO DENIGRATE THE RELIGIOUS BELIEFS OF OTHERS.....There is your apology...The men who stormed in and killed the diplomat and his assistance...had religious beliefs...did they scream out "God is great" when they snuffed out the lives of the victims? Did they believe they were killing infidels...These duped henchmen that did this dirty work NEED to have their religious beliefs denigrated....Obama sucked up to the Muslim fanatics and in a round about way said....It's okay...I understand why you kill infidels....The French used to have this saying "To understand is to forgive"......somethings are unforgivable .

Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
Simple request. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
“I strongly condemn the outrageous Attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. RigHt now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America’s commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya’s transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.”
AHA! Just as I thought! Obama, the closet Muslim, fascist, communist sympathizer was being cryptic.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
WHILE THE UNITED STATES REJECTS EFFORTS TO DENIGRATE THE RELIGIOUS BELIEFS OF OTHERS.....There is your apology...The men who stormed in and killed the diplomat and his assistance...had religious beliefs...did they scream out "God is great" when they snuffed out the lives of the victims? Did they believe they were killing infidels...These duped henchmen that did this dirty work NEED to have their religious beliefs denigrated....Obama sucked up to the Muslim fanatics and in a round about way said....It's okay...I understand why you kill infidels....
Is English your first language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The French used to have this saying "To understand is to forgive"......somethings are unforgivable .
There's a reason why British colonialism was unequivocally more successful than French colonialism. Everywhere the French where, they were kicked out; the British at least had some places that enjoyed their colonialism - Hong Kong being one of them. I would take diplomatic advice from the French and pluck wisdom from French expressions about as soon as I would take marriage advice from Larry King or Liz Taylor.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The complaints were made about the "apology" statement from the embassy on Sept 11:

"We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims..."

as you can see, the Obama admin has wiped this statement from their web site http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

So you dig up an Obama statement from the 12th, and ask what all the fuss was about. You are mixing up events.
Actually, it's you who is mixing up events. As you said, the Administration didn't put out that statement, the Embassy did, in an attempt to ward off an attack. The OP asked to be shown where OBAMA apologized, which you have failed to show. Because he didn't.

Quote:
The truth is, there was no statement from Obama on Sept 11th, even though two US installations were being attacked that afternoon, each attack lasting four hours. One resulted in our flag being torn down and burned, the other in the deaths of Americans and our ambassador.
Yes, he should have run around with his hair on fire, making asinine accusations before anyone knew for certain what was happening on the ground, and if there were American lives in danger, as Mr. Romney did. That was such a great response, wasn't it?

Quote:
And not one peep from the president, he went to bed to get a good night's sleep.
This stupid meme must have been on the talking points memo sent out to the right yesterday, because I've seen it all over the place now. Sorry, but this was Romney's 2:00 a.m. call, and he blew it. He showed us exactly how unpresidential he is. His response to a crisis is Fire! Ready! Aim! Oh, and make sure I'm scoring as many political points as possible while shooting from the hip.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Obama didn't apologize for the Cairo attacks. Obama had no statement at all on Cairo.
It was the Embassy press release and Hillary's statements that were apologies.

But that all turned about face when the Libya attack came hours later.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Is English your first language?

There's a reason why British colonialism was unequivocally more successful than French colonialism. Everywhere the French where, they were kicked out; the British at least had some places that enjoyed their colonialism - Hong Kong being one of them. I would take diplomatic advice from the French and pluck wisdom from French expressions about as soon as I would take marriage advice from Larry King or Liz Taylor.
As a little boy I spoke Russian...then it went to a mixture of English and Russian...Then I started school and the Russian faded...I have been in Canada since I was a year old- Yes English is my first language--- But I did drop out of school very early....We are talking sub-text here...If Obama brings up the statement that - he is not out to denigrate..the beliefs of others...then he is supporting the belief of those mentioned. Extreme Islam is a disrespect of God..Those who kill in the name of God are clearly stating that GOD is not all mighty and needs the help of fanatics to do his bidding.

Having said that...Obama has a stronger understanding of Islam than he does of Christianity...That is obvious..as a boy he picked up certain values...I know I did....I had a teacher back in grade 3 who instructed us never to place an object on a bible...because it denigrates the faith...To this day I have that foolish old habit...I never put anything on a bible- Obama understands the Islamic mentality...The reason why the rumor is out there that Obama was raised by a single mother is to distance himself from his father the Muslim.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Hell, just to put it all out there... Here are Clinton's statements as well. Please point out where it apologizes for America and lets the bad guys off the hook.
It was Clinton (the male) during his tenure that was largely responsible for 911. His administration refused to investigate terrorist who only wanted to "fly" airplanes...not how to takeoff or land them. Flags were raised by the FAA/FBI but we could not be "prejudiced" and investigate or apprehend the 20 terrorists. Ex-Counterterrorism Czar Accuses CIA Of Trying To “Flip” 9/11 Hijackers | The Public Record

Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Hell, just to put it all out there... Here are Clinton's statements as well. Please point out where it apologizes for America and lets the bad guys off the hook.
Those are Hillary's statements on the Libya attack.
What about Hillary's statements on the Cairo attack which happened the day before ?

Why is the left treating the Cairo attack like it never happened and that anything officially posted on the Cairo attack isn't true, even when it came from the US Embassy and posted on the .gov site ?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Those are Hillary's statements on the Libya attack.
What about Hillary's statements on the Cairo attack which happened the day before ?

Why is the left treating the Cairo attack like it never happened and that anything officially posted on the Cairo attack isn't true, even when it came from the US Embassy and posted on the .gov site ?
it doesn't fit the story of outrage they want to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies