Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:05 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,443,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
women are not stupid they know what abortion is. you want to make it harder for women to get abortions, that way instead of most abortions happening in the first trimester they would happen later on in the pregnancy when it is harder on the woman and the fetus is more developed? yeah that is a brilliant idea

you would feel better forcing women to give birth?
LOL really so every women/child in some cases that gets an abortion knows exactly what she is doing? That is a joke. Women should not be allowed to use abortion as birth control that is what I said. And no it should take more then handing over cash to kill a baby sorry I am just crazy that way. I think before you kill a human life you should have to really understand what you are doing. Why are you so against that? Are you scared that women might actual NOT get an abortion if they actually see what it is they are aborting?

Let me say this also before someone throw this out there. In the case of rape or incest, abortion as soon as the women/child wants it no questions asked. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 09:10 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,713 times
Quote:
women are not stupid they know what abortion is. you want to make it harder for women to get abortions, that way instead of most abortions happening in the first trimester they would happen later on in the pregnancy when it is harder on the woman and the fetus is more developed? yeah that is a brilliant idea

you would feel better forcing women to give birth?

You say that women aren't stupid.

Well let me ask you this. If a woman allows a penis into her vagina, what does she expect?

Hmmm, I bet that something might happen. I'm pretty sick and tired of you people saying that there is a problem in society that taxpayers should resolve.

If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, then she should keep her legs closed.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-15-2012 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
LOL really so every women/child in some cases that gets an abortion knows exactly what she is doing? That is a joke. Women should not be allowed to use abortion as birth control that is what I said. And no it should take more then handing over cash to kill a baby sorry I am just crazy that way. I think before you kill a human life you should have to really understand what you are doing. Why are you so against that? Are you scared that women might actual NOT get an abortion if they actually see what it is they are aborting?

Let me say this also before someone throw this out there. In the case of rape or incest, abortion as soon as the women/child wants it no questions asked. End of story.
I am pro choice so no I am not at all concerned when a woman makes the choice to take her pregnancy to term. you seem to think women are stupid and truly not understand what an abortion is. I give women far more credit. we do know what abortion is and women still want them.

your values only matters to you, your values should play no role in a woman's decision, she can use abortion for BC if she wants. you are ok with abortion in case of rape and incest... sounds a bit like if a woman enjoys sex she needs to stay pregnant, sounds like you want them punished. sorry women can have sex just as a man does and walk away from all responsibility if that is indeed her choice

Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
I can't believe that reasonable and intelligent people would respond in this manner. It has nothing to do with right wing or left wing, although liberals love to politicize the issue. Can you not see that abortion destroys the life that has comes from our very own bodies and carries our DNA and our genetic traits? Can there be a greater expression of self loathing than destroying the life force we make in our image and likeness and ultimately that which reflects the image and likeness of God? Arguing in favor of abortion only proves that some people desire a culture of death and extinction more than the blessings of life. The hollow arguments in favor of abortion have not changed since Roe-v-Wade in 1973. The whole pro-abortion stand has become so redundant that it has become ridiculous.
Not everyone believes the same things you do.

Are you going to decide for ALL WOMEN, based on YOUR PERSONAL BELIEFS, that arguments for abortion are invalid? And that, therefore, no one should be ale to get one?

For example, I'm an atheist, so none of your arguments based on your religious beliefs register with me at all. Is it OK with you that I ignore them? If not, tough!

Furthermore, I think even people with strong religious and spiritual beliefs can decide that, by the light of their God-given ability to reason, terminating a pregnancy makes sense, and is justified.

I also reject your slanderous assertion that a woman exercising her legal decision to terminate a pregnancy is participating in "a culture of death and extinction". There are numerous laws, of God AND man, that, justify the taking of a human life, under some circumstances. Are police officers participating in a culture of death and extinction, when they shoot an armed suspect? Are soldiers? Judges issuing death penalties? Citizens who use deadly force in self defense?

Besides, a human zigot, or even an embryo, is NOT A HUMAN BEING UNDER THE LAW. That is why abortion is legal in the first place (I know-anti-abortion whackos are trying to close that "loophole")

If I was a person who believed as you did- I would NEVER get an abortion. But you'll excuse the rest of us, if we make that decision for ourselves, right?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
LOL really so every women/child in some cases that gets an abortion knows exactly what she is doing? That is a joke. Women should not be allowed to use abortion as birth control that is what I said. And no it should take more then handing over cash to kill a baby sorry I am just crazy that way. I think before you kill a human life you should have to really understand what you are doing.
Why are you so against that? Are you scared that women might actual NOT get an abortion if they actually see what it is they are aborting?

So many of you are against planned parenthood but did you know they counsel you before you have an abortion. They want to know your state of mind. They tell you every last detail of what you will go through to make sure you make an educated decision. They ask you to think about how you will feel when it's over and how you may regret it. In the end though, they will do what the patient wants but not before making sure they know the consequences.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

You blankity blank blank ^#$@#&@.

Well let me ask you this. If a woman allows a penis into her vagina, what does she expect?

Hmmm, I bet that something might happen. I'm pretty sick and tired of you people saying that there is a problem in society that taxpayers should resolve.

I could care less if you think women don't get to have a full and complete sex life. FYI they can and do and should not feel the least but bad about it.

4,088 posts, read 4,390,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
You blankity blank blank ^#$@#&@.

And if a guy doesn't want a baby, he should keep it zipped! Oh, wait...

450 posts, read 1,059,833 times
Quote:
OMG get off your idealized horse. abortion destroys a fetus a potential life. to not allow a woman to control her own reproduction, no matter how she gets pregnant is slavery. children should be born to parents who want them. some pregnancies are not a blessing. it is called pro choice for a reason. many women take their pregnancy to term as it is a blessing to them. others adopt their babies out and others have abortion.s the "blessing" is not for you to decide unless it is you who is pregnant.

many people who are pro life are pro life for themselves and pro choice for others. in america women are equal and we have the right to privacy and our able to control our own reproduction based on our own personal values.
Yes, thank you for your comment. The belief that life has value and that we have a spirit and soul as well as a physical body is idealistic in this modern secular world. I would argue that abortion is the act that produces slavery not bringing the child into the world. The slavery is the guilt that you will carry if you have any conscience, when at some point in your life you will think about the child, and I don't mean in an abstract context. And you will think about it! You will wonder what that baby would have looked like as an adult, if he or she would have married and brought you the joy of grandchildren, how he or she would have done in school, what did he or she dream, the very first baby steps, bursting through the door on the last day of school, on and on, the human experience. You will miss that child sleeping gently in your arms, looking up at you with unconditional love in his or her eyes. If you have a heart, you will weep in due time, to think that you can never experience the giving or receiving of love from that child. Does that not break your heart, or are you already so hard-hearted?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,443,461 times
Quote:
I am pro choice so no I am not at all concerned when a woman makes the choice to take her pregnancy to term. you seem to think women are stupid and truly not understand what an abortion is. I give women far more credit. we do know what abortion is and women still want them.
No I don't think they are stupid I think they really do not grasp what is happening in their bodies and if they actually saw the baby it would put it in a better perspective. When I was pregnant with my first child I thought I knew what was inside me not until I actually had my first ultra sound did it really hit home. You see the baby. That is what I mean. Not they they don't know they are pregnant and what pregnancy is.

Quote:
your values only matters to you, your values should play no role in a woman's decision, she can use abortion for BC if she wants. you are ok with abortion in case of rape and incest... sounds a bit like if a woman enjoys sex she needs to stay pregnant, sounds like you want them punished. sorry women can have sex just as a man does and walk away from all responsibility if that is indeed her choice

It has nothing to do with values, why would you even say that? Values have no part in my view. Abortions should not be used as BC, you are killing a baby. That is pretty straight forward. Buy a freakin condom. There is no reason for it to be used as BC. A women needs to make every attempt to make sure she does not get pregnant, not just think it is ok to run to the clinic and kill it. Have all the sex you want but handle the possibly of getting pregnant BEFORE you do it. Why are people not pushing PREVENTION!!! No just push KILL IT!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,844 times
Quote:
Women here have it great!!! Go live in the ME then complain. GMAB because one or two clinics MIGHT close if that is the worst thing that happens to a women here be glad and shut up. Buy your own BC, don't make tax payers pay for abortions and don't expect every person to agree with the choices you make. I find it astonishing that women here can actually with a straight face say their is a war on them. When you look at what a real war on women is. And what country is soooooo much more progressive the the US. Abortion is legal here, birth control ready available, what the hell else do you want. Oh yeah I know. You want someone ELSE to pay for it.
So you are still saying that it isn't as bad as it could be, rather than saying it isn't as good as it could be. Do you still believe that people who disagree with you should be drawn and quartered as well?

FYI, I am a Catholic female with 3 children that has never had the BC I took paid for by anyone but myself, have never had an abortion and am not "pro-abortion' like the right wants to twist being pro-choice into.
Never said who should pay for it, just saying it is not up to the government to make those decisions for the generation that is coming behind me. It is a step backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies