Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

I keep reading about Netanyahu's insistence that we should do something about Iran. To the average American or average Jewish American, does Israel's opinion really sway vote for Pres? Ideally, I'd like to see the US reduce its defense footprint across the globe and more of those dependent countries step up tp the plate to pay their OWN defense tab. To me, it looks like a $$ shakedown of the US by Israel, another prime dependent country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 07:51 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Israel has emerged as America’s most important strategic ally in the Middle East, a land of freedom and democracy, and a technological marvel that is one of the world leaders in science and innovation.

Within the past couple of weeks, Israel-U.S. relations have sunk to one of their lowest ebbs in decades. The Obama Administration is pressuring the Netanyahu government over construction of Jewish homes in Jerusalem.

Former New York City mayor Ed Koch calls the Obama Administration's treatment of the Israeli government over this issue "outrageous and a breach of trust."

Old 09-16-2012, 07:54 PM

Ezekiel 38 - 39

The Bible warns Russia, Iran, Turkey, and a coalition of allies (including Libya and Sudan) will go to war, and will attack and will invade Israel. The Bible warns the US will NOT defend Israel. According to the Bible, Israel must stand alone ... with God. For when this coming war does finally start, the United States (for reasons yet unknown) will be unable or unwilling to help Israel defend herself. Although the Bible warns the invading armies will be ultimately destroyed by God, it will be a devastating war for both Israel and the whole world.

This tells me that Obama will be re-elected and will turn his back on Israel.

Christians (faithful and sincere believers in Jesus Christ who are alive at that time and have endured in their faith in God's Word are not "appointed" to this coming time of "God's wrath" that will be "poured out" upon the "whole world

Last edited by eRayP; 09-16-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 09-16-2012, 07:57 PM

The United States will be "neutralized" sometime before this attack and will be unwilling or unable to help defend Israel, for the Bible warns Israel must stand alone ... with God!

I am very worried.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
The middle east is so complicated. I see the valid points on both sides of the divide. I don't even know anymore if their is a middle ground. If I had to choose, I guess I would go all in and team up with Israel, Saudi Arabia, and whoever else wanted to take on Iran and their allies.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 PM

Some interpreters point to earthquakes, political upheaval, and attack on Israel as a sure sign that the end times are rapidly approaching. The apostle Paul warned that the last days would bring a marked increase in false teaching. Some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits. The last days are described as “perilous times” because of the increasingly evil character of man and people who actively “resist the truth".

Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
The Bible warns Russia, Iran, Turkey, and a coalition of allies (including Libya and Sudan)
You might want to inform the Russian Orthodox Church about this - they claim that the word "Russia" doesn't even appear in the canonical Bible or the apocrypha.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM

The Hebrew Prophet Ezekiel describes a dictator called Gog (often associated with Russia) who will form a military coalition with Iran, Sudan, Libya, Middle Eastern, and Central Asian countries in “the last days” (Ezekiel 38:16). Could this be a reference to modern day events in the Middle East? While it is impossible to say for sure.

The nation to the north, a northern army. What other powerful nation is to the north of Israel besides Russia?

Remember, in the first half of the Tribulation the Antichrist will be establishing some kind of peace treaty with Israel – which may help explain how Israel could be living in any kind of peace as described in the Scripture

Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
I guess you found your answer...it only matters to those who subscribe to the Judeo-Christian religions.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Russia is standing behind Iran.

Last edited by eRayP; 09-16-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies