Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,677 times

Advertisements

I cannot get this link to embed, but oh, it is so worth watching...

Fox & Friends pranked by interview guest | TPM2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I cannot get this link to embed, but oh, it is so worth watching...

Fox & Friends pranked by interview guest | TPM2012

I watched the video earlier, after I rolled around laughing my a.. off...I then had to wonder, why would anyone get on National Television and make a fool out of themselved, then I thought We have Politicians doing it every day.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
Too funny.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,413 times
My favorite Fox & Friends moment (it's usually on in the breakroom where I work) was when Steve Doocy earnestly explained that the financial collapse in September 2008 was very good news for John McCain...

Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,763,988 times
I showed this to a few people today, several of them conservatives...and the general consensus was that it is hilarious.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Here is the raw video.

Fox and Friends punked? - YouTube

Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,677 times
Default Some Backstory on this Delightful Incident:

The kid who pulled the prank seems to be a totally immature moron, but I guess that's all it takes to outfox (hehe) the producers on that channel...

Quote:
Speaking to Raw Story on the phone Monday morning, the man who pranked Fox News said he’s always believed “Fox News is a fake news organization,” and explained that he wanted to shame the conservative television channel for being “stupid” and looking for interview subjects as if they were “casting a part in a show.”

Rice said that the opportunity to go on national television “kind of fell into my lap” when “a friend of a friend” got a text message asking if anyone knew a recent college graduate who can’t get a job and is voting for Mitt Romney. “I’m like, hell yeah I’m a college graduate. Eff Obama!” he said. “20 emails later with the producer at Fox, they’re telling me what to say. It’s such bull****. It’s so ridiculous.”

Rice told Raw Story that he in fact dropped out of the University of Texas, but lied to Fox News about being a graduate just to see if they’d do their homework.

“The first thing that shocked me is that they were that desperate to find someone that fit that category,” he added. “What they were seeking is someone who voted for Obama in 2008, then somewhere in the last four years got disenfranchised and now is a huge Romney supporter. But I feel like anyone who fits that mold would also dis Romney at the same time. So, they just couldn’t find anyone. They’re in New York City, so they had to go find a kid in Chicago.”

Rice went on to say that he initially convinced them to do “a three person interview” with two of his friends, but a Fox News producer nixed that plan upon hearing a voice mail recording by one of the other guests that mimed the pedophile character from Fox’s “Family Guy.” They considered that to be “a liability,” Rice said, noting that they apparently didn’t see his vulgar, incendiary stand-up routine on YouTube. “[The producer] obviously had never seen ‘Family Guy’ before either,” Rice added.

“They were so happy that I fit the mold and that I was Caucasian,” he continued. “They were just casting a part in a show. They were so stupid… I’m a kid messing around. They had 10 days to ask for my driver’s license. They saw my [high school] commencement speech video, but they’re too stupid to realize that if I graduated in 2010, I wouldn’t graduate college until 2014. That’s why I was so awkward in the interview. I wasn’t going to lie.”

“I want this story to get out because I think it’s bigger than just me,” he concluded.

Raw Story (Fox News host aborts bizarre interview with ‘former Obama supporter’ | The Raw Story)
I also find it interesting that they would tell him what to say. Hmm... Now why would they do that?

IT'S A MYSTERY!

Last edited by Zimar; 09-17-2012 at 11:27 PM..

Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
The kid who pulled the prank seems to be a totally immature moron, but I guess that's what it takes to outfox (hehe) the producers on that channel...

I also find it interesting that they would tell him what to say. Hmm... Now why would they do that?

IT'S A MYSTERY!
He may be immature, but it's pretty clear he outsmarted the tools at Fox without breaking a sweat.

It was priceless.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
He may be immature, but it's pretty clear he outsmarted the tools at Fox without breaking a sweat.

It was priceless.
It is priceless, and his interview afterwards really drove the point home.

Fox was so eager to advance this meme that they didn't even bother to perform the basics of TV journalism - prep your guest. Know what they're going to say.

Stupid, stupid network. They got what they deserved.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
well, that was pretty lame for being promoted as the 'best prank in history'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies