Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times

Advertisements

Florida sets education standards based on race, ethnicity | The Daily Caller

Let me guess blacks will have the lowest standards, and asians will be expected to achieve the highest. What the hell are they doing in florida. How about they try to achieve 100% for all the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

Let me guess blacks will have the lowest standards, and asians will be expected to achieve the highest. What the hell are they doing in florida. How about they try to achieve 100% for all the kids.
They tried that with NCLB for 10+ years. Blacks still fell behind.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:04 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

If you got a better idea, i'm pretty sure they would be happy to hear it.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 PM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times
And this isn't racism ?!?!? LOL It just seems like the world is spinning out of control... this then some Dolt in Chicago proposing a tax on ammo to keep gun related violence down... what next ?!?!?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM

10 posts, read 9,191 times
Of course. IF they did it based on the content of the character like MLK dreamed about then most blacks would fail.

Dems wonder why education is going down the toilet.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz9999 View Post
Dems wonder why education is going down the toilet.
And this type of thing just hurts the kids regardless of race in the long run. I think it's the same mentality of "everyone's a winner, there are no losers" sure there is, if you fail a class then you need to step it up not have the standards lowered so you can pass.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 PM

10 posts, read 9,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And this type of thing just hurts the kids regardless of race in the long run. I think it's the same mentality of "everyone's a winner, there are no losers" sure there is, if you fail a class then you need to step it up not have the standards lowered so you can pass.

True but the Dems do not care. They are more interested in buying black votes. At the end of the day the blacks will be less educated.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,836,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And this isn't racism ?!?!? LOL It just seems like the world is spinning out of control... this then some Dolt in Chicago proposing a tax on ammo to keep gun related violence down... what next ?!?!?
How is this different from quietly(or not so quietly) tacking on extra points when it comes to qualifying for admission to colleges or jobs after graduation?

Isn't this basically just front-loading the 'affirmative action' - instead of applying the alternate standards at the end.

(For the record, I don't believe this helps any of the students other than Asians. I mean in the end, which students will come out of this system learning the most, being the most qualified, and scoring the highest?

It would be really interesting if parents could opt their kids into higher tiers.)

Old 10-18-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz9999 View Post
True but the Dems do not care. They are more interested in buying black votes. At the end of the day the blacks will be less educated.
You are correct , and I might owe another forum member an apology. They were basically relating the fact that the Gov't is holding the black race back (totally unrelated topic other than Gov't and race) and I did not agree. Well after reading this in a way the Gov't is hurting the black race and any others that are effected.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Hey folks..at least NCLB held everyone to that same low bar.
This is RTT..the "new and improved" takeover for NCLB. And guess what..RTT has no details; they left that up to each state about setting the bar.

IMO RTT is worse than NCLB in the quest for qualifying for Fed education money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies