Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 06:48 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,453,237 times

Advertisements

I saw it and so did my 8 and 10 year old who were home sick. I was actually trying to teach them about running from the police with the car chase and why it is not a smart thing to do, then that. Wow trying to explain that to them was not fun. Thank God they really don't understand what they saw. They know the guy killed himself but they truly do not understand what killing yourself means. Ugh it sucks when one lesson turns into a discussion you were NOT ready to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 06:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,828,160 times
People die and are killed everyday. You need a good taste of reality every now and then.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,445,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I saw it and so did my 8 and 10 year old who were home sick. I was actually trying to teach them about running from the police with the car chase and why it is not a smart thing to do, then that. Wow trying to explain that to them was not fun. Thank God they really don't understand what they saw. They know the guy killed himself but they truly do not understand what killing yourself means. Ugh it sucks when one lesson turns into a discussion you were NOT ready to have.
So they don't play video games?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,453,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So they don't play video games?

Not ones like that. No!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,445,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Not ones like that. No!
No shoot 'em up? Good for you! Many young kids are, however.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,427,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
l would say the man saved the tax payer a lot of money. More criminals should follow his example.
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. It's not difficult to determine what/who your god is.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,427,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
People die and are killed everyday. You need a good taste of reality every now and then.
You don't have to watch people shoot themselves in the head. In fact volunteering to work at a hospice is a much better way to acquaint yourself with death.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,126,892 times
Millions of people watch on hundreds of TV channels, two hijacked planes of terrorists flying into buildings. We watched people jumping from the 80th floor. We watched two of the tallest buildings in the world collapse and killing 2800 people ON LIVE TV. No one complains.
A helocopter and a camera person have live coverage, feed is live to TV stations of a car chase, the driver gets out of the car and shoots himself in the head and people are outraged and Shepard Smith apologizes for showing it. Who the hell is he for apologizing for showing something happening live on TV? Should the feed have been cut when the driver got out of the car? took a gun from his waist band? lifted his hand? placed the gun to his head? pulled the trigger?
Are the complainers on here just complaining because it was 'Fox News?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,275,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, but this man shooting himself saved the tax payers a good chunk of money. Am I wrong?
Correct me if I am wrong once again. If more criminals made this same choice that too would save the tax payers a good chunk of money. Am I wrong?
Who or what my god is, is not the topic of this thread. This man shooting himself and caught on live news is.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,032,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
l would say the man saved the tax payer a lot of money. More criminals should follow his example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yup the tinman and me are off to see the wizard om the yellow brick road....

One dead flying evil monkey thing down, hoping for more.

Get It, we don't care what criminals do to themselves. When they take themselves out it costs us less, and prevents any possibility people like YOU will get them released forever!

In this way these predators you on the left love so well, will never again be predators.

WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK EITHER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies