Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I found a 16 year kid laying face down in a ditch dead with his shoes on the road after a hit and run. You don't have to tell me. That's just the nice parts of my life. You don't want to know the rest.
No doubt your life has been hard. I am sorry for you. And I would still suggest that getting to know someone and watching them die slowly, and being willing to be there for them during the dying process takes a lot of courage. You have to open yourself up to the person dying, and then you have to experience their death. That's different from confronting the death of a stranger. Most people are so terrified of death, they cannot bear to be with someone who is dying; doing that requires that you face your own death.

You just seem to be very, very hardened, very numb. They say that generally we die the way we have lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Bummer it was just so unexpected. I was relaxing and then saw that, I just didnt expect that to happen. I dont watch many car chases, and the ones i have watched didnt end like this. For the one who asked about the behadings, NO i didnt watch that NOR what I want to. I prefer not to watch violent films or movies. I didnt like the recent batman movie, too violent and with the masacre surrounding it, just way too much. Everyone reacts differently to things. Perhaps you may have been exposed to alot of grotesque things. At first I thought why the hell is the man running like that and i was laughing because he was pullin up his pants and running through grass then he stopped and shot himself dead. I am over now, but I was very shocked the hour it happened. And I have taken your comments to light respectively. Thank you
If I wore my pants like that i might wanna shoot myself too. But i am far to old to even think about wearing pants that look like they are for gang bangers. I am still waiting for the who he is and what he was suspected of allegedly.

I am sorry for jumpin on your case so hard too, but i have been thru a lot with double murders in my family where the weapon was a knife and the family gathered to clean up the horrid mess. there was blood in the rails of mirrors the shower stall, opened file cabinets, the floor, black leather furniture where blood didn't appear to be untill my sis in law wearing white slacks sat down.

The bad guy had been shot in the ankle the day before stealing knives and some scumbag paid the bail a weak judge set. i get worked up and am harder than nails over these injustices to the general population, but some fool judge and his bloomin court orders.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I saw it and so did my 8 and 10 year old who were home sick. I was actually trying to teach them about running from the police with the car chase and why it is not a smart thing to do, then that. Wow trying to explain that to them was not fun. Thank God they really don't understand what they saw. They know the guy killed himself but they truly do not understand what killing yourself means. Ugh it sucks when one lesson turns into a discussion you were NOT ready to have.
Sounds like you handled it and yes this is nothing you want your kids to see........your strength shows them even in hard times we just deal with it and have to move on, when mom is in control the kids feed from this.

May your kids grow and learn crime never pays.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I didn't read pages 3-16 of this thread, but has anyone mentioned "animals" or "Obama's America" yet?
I don't think so, do you need us to........this guy might have been an animal of some kind and as for Obama Care I don't think he cares any more.........

Old 09-29-2012, 12:17 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,873,331 times
This has happened before.

Christine Chubbuck was a newscaster who shot herself live on TV during the mid-70s. Treasurer of Pennsylvania Budd Dwyer shot himself live on TV in 1987 (I think). Plus, there was also that car chase in Los Angeles (in about 1995) where the man stopped his truck, set the truck and his dog on fire, and then shot himself with a shotgun.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Heck, as a child I saw Lee Harvey Oswald killed on national television. I recall sitting in front of the television while the rest of the family was at the dinner table, watching the coverage of Oswald being moved someplace, when I saw the man dart out and shoot Oswald. I remember turning and calling to my parents "They killed him!", which at first they didn't understand what I meant.

Kinda thing sears the brain.
I have the same memory... being in the family room watching TV with my Dad and not believing what I had just seen.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
This has happened before.

Christine Chubbuck was a newscaster who shot herself live on TV during the mid-70s. Treasurer of Pennsylvania Budd Dwyer shot himself live on TV in 1987 (I think). Plus, there was also that car chase in Los Angeles (in about 1995) where the man stopped his truck, set the truck and his dog on fire, and then shot himself with a shotgun.
I grew up in Pittsburgh and yes, I remember the Dwyer incident vividly also.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:20 AM

22,666 posts, read 24,627,441 times
MEH...no make that a double MEH.

I have been watching reality-based internet videos since they started putting them on the internet.

I estimate I have seen......200 beheadings(including 100 headsaw beheadings), at least 100 suicides, countless disasterous vehicle accidents. I could go on and on.

So this video is quiet tame IMHO.

Last edited by tickyul; 09-29-2012 at 01:41 AM..

Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 AM

89 posts, read 149,670 times
I'm guessing you are over the age of 60 and not very proficient on the internet.

I'm pretty sure 8/10 men under the age of 30 have seen several beheading videos, torture videos, etc.

The internet has ruined the innocence of an entire generation. Young people generally came to grips with that aspect of humanity around puberty.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,230,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Millions of people watch on hundreds of TV channels, two hijacked planes of terrorists flying into buildings. We watched people jumping from the 80th floor. We watched two of the tallest buildings in the world collapse and killing 2800 people ON LIVE TV. No one complains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wonder. Did Chica become physically ill when cnn showed the beheading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sure didn't see this much reaction when the US Ambassador was dragged through the streets and reported to have been raped while alive and dead......but we'll waste time on a criminal who took his own life.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies