Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 04:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,960,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Finally you said something i could agree with...... maybe there is a time to fall apart, but this is not that time.

Today there is other news far more worthy than a scumbag who stole a car and shot himself, where real people have died.... I haven't much use of criminals, as my very own family has been lost to them.

When they die it is a good thing, because they can no longer harm anyone, and they often times to after getting released from prison. There are 6 time losers out there who are wanted for 6 more violent crimes, and the govt has no problem with this.

The Govt seems to think building more prisons and staffing more prisons is a good idea and so they often times release the most violent offenders.

I have no idea if the carjacker was a violent offender but he did use the gun... We just don't know why he was running from the LAW yet. So far as i am concerned there goes another violent offender.
Sure didn't see this much reaction when the US Ambassador was dragged through the streets and reported to have been raped while alive and dead......but we'll waste time on a criminal who took his own life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is this what it takes to make you feel better..........call out to Jesus no more stomach ache.

Hey only the tough survive in this world and plan to see the man took his own self out..........just how tough is that?? He didn't consider giving up his life of crime now did he??
If there is one indisputable truth I've learned in this life it is that men who proclaim themselves to be tough, bada*ses are always not.

Unfortunately, the internet has empowered a segment of the population to spin tall tales about their abilities and exploits.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,995,421 times
Quote:
This is dictated to "Tough People"............... Born To Ride and Ride To Live

Trace Adkins - Tough Times Don't Last Tough People Do (RNC LIVE) - YouTube
Thanks Shep, First I heard of this guy... Me: if there were ever a song written to describe me it would have to be Charlie Daniels 'Long Hair Country Boy' except for the smoking the wild woodlands weeds part

I like in Youtube it says he has been knocked down before as i have, and will admit when he has been wrong

News story aside we are all going to be facing some hard times. The bad guy in the news story is done with anymore bad times.

Shep is there any link to the lyrics? Even with head phones on i can not understand all of the words. You took that trouble for me so I am asking for a little more time, not trouble

Old 09-28-2012, 04:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,162,695 times
It's sure a good thing that many of you have never watched the Budd Dwyer video. Yikes. Makes this video, where you can't see anything at all in the way of gore, seem like kid's stuff.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
If there is one indisputable truth I've learned in this life it is that men who proclaim themselves to be tough, bada*ses are always not.

Unfortunately, the internet has empowered a segment of the population to spin tall tales about their abilities and exploits.
Well why don't you just go get hurt bad on the job, loose your first family and end up living in the woods off the land for 3 straight years and be sure one of them is in winter in NH. Start in late September move each September, and end in September. That's how it was for me always wet wood, always hard, always hungry always wet and always cold.

That otter git it fixed Sir...... want pics?

Me i am fit enough to do it all over again..... howa bout you?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:15 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,066,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
GOOD GRIEF, Chica_Bella . . .

If that very quick camera shot from a considerable distance of that idiot putting a gun to his head is truly a "I have NEVER seen such a thing" for you . . . I have a feeling you need to GET OUT MORE.

Granted it was "not pretty" but definitely not worthy of the dramatic apology by Shepard Smith.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.
Bummer if you think my reaction denotes me needing to get out more...wow.you are saying alot about yourself, actually most of you are on here. IF this wasnt a big deal Fox would have never apologized. No I have never seen such a thing, and Fox did the right thing by giving an apology. The dramatic apology was well deserved. I read somewhere that it was watched live at some offices while people were working, and they got sick as a result. So because you may be calloused based on your life experiences it doesnt make anyone elses life experiences better or less than. I am over it now, because someone made a great a reference about NFL replacements. So give me a break.....really its not that serious

Old 09-28-2012, 04:16 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,695,143 times
Quote:
Now you have an idea what military guys and women go through.......image someone being beheaded, at least this guy did it to himself, we live in an unpredictable world. Sorry you had to see this, but I have a feeling we will be seeing much more than this........... you might want to brace yourself.
Yep. The worse the economy gets, the more of this we'll see. In 2008, people predicted exactly the kinds of things we're seeing. The bad economy affects entire families. These days, practically every time you turn on the TV, there's been another shooting where there are groups of people.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It's sure a good thing that many of you have never watched the Budd Dwyer video. Yikes. Makes this video, where you can't see anything at all in the way of gore, seem like kid's stuff.
Yup that video was brutal.... i just ran a search and found it that fast..... far more graphic than the news event of a few hours ago..... I am not familiar with the Budd Dwyer story, but i saw him end his own story a moment ago.... Once more it was brutal and graphic....

Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,903 times
Fox news has built itself on the lowest common denominator, this does not surprise me.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The coffee is on me bring your wife and we'll ride the Rocky Mountains..........motorcycles are our game!!! The problem here is some don't know just what it takes to go cross country on a horse or a motorcycle.

He shows us bear videos how can he not be sincere.........
Horses did i hear horses? ohh

After a time i had this one a while........ 5 years I guess.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies