Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
all I see is an old senile fool, odds are hes just another lying democrat too ashamed to admit it.
You must be quite young to think a 70 yr old would be "senile".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
You mean the Democrats are lying about the GOP. Of course, that's pretty much waht Democrats do. Lie.
I don't know about you, but I don't see the GOP leadership get up and loudly distance themselves from such viewpoints. In other words, they implicitly agree. There is no need for Democrats to tell lies - the writing is on the wall.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
So it's bigoted and hateful for wanting to give someone the chance at life? Wow.
No, what is bigoted is to argue for personal freedoms and less government intrusion into people's personal lives and then go ahead and constantly propose policies aimed at returning women to the status of breed b.itches even in cases of rape and incest.

I don't doubt that your sentiment is a good one. That is not where the bigotry is found - rather, it is the way conservatives go about pushing this sentiment that appears bigoted. That's why we all keep hearing and reading about the "war on women."

See, one of the problems is that the pro-choice crowd generally does not argue that abortion should be legal at ALL stages of pregnancy. However, the anti-abortion crowd tends to make it ALL or NOTHING - a position that hardly works. And because they know it hardly works, they attempt to push an all or nothing viewpoint onto the pro-choice crowd by claiming they are pro-abortion or anti-life. Only then can they sustain the illusion of dichotomy under which they hide their extreme stance.

What is bigoted is claiming all these rights and freedoms for yourself while simultaneously arguing for the restriction of such rights and freedoms for others.

As I said, times are changing: You either adapt or you will just be left behind. Your party, too.

Last edited by vamos; 10-02-2012 at 08:28 AM..

Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
So it's bigoted and hateful for wanting to give someone the chance at life? Wow.

I think it's bigoted and hateful for snuffing out a life and calling it "freedom of choice". And you might want to look at polls. The majority of American oppose abortion these days.

No need to worry though. As long as Republican laemakers have teenage daughters and granddaughters then women will have every right to kill people.
If you want to give someone a chance at life, we need to decide whose life and who gets to make the decision.?

A fetus? A child living in a country we decided to bomb? An innocent on death row? Who decides?

One group has decided that a woman who is pregnant gets to decide. Another group thinks they get to decide for the innocent fetus.

In Texas it is not unusual to execute a person found to be innocent. We've done it a couple of times to people known to be innocent before the execution. We have a law that says if we feel threatened we can kill the person we think is threatening us. No questions asked. If it's ok to kill a person on our front porch, through a locked door, it is an easy stretch to a fetus threatening the mom.

We need to come together and decide when it is OK to kill people.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
No, what is bigoted is to argue for personal freedoms and less government intrusion into people's personal lives and then go ahead and constantly propose policies aimed at returning women to the status of breed b.itches even in cases of rape and incest.

I don't doubt that your sentiment is a good one. That is not where the bigotry is found - rather, it is the way conservatives go about pushing this sentiment that appears bigoted. That's why we all keep hearing and reading about the "war on women."

See, one of the problems is that the pro-choice crowd generally does not argue that abortion should be legal at ALL stages of pregnancy. However, the anti-abortion crowd tends to make it ALL or NOTHING - a position that hardly works. And because they know it hardly works, they attempt to push an all or nothing viewpoint onto the pro-choice crowd by claiming they are pro-abortion or anti-life. Only then can they sustain the illusion of dichotomy under which they hide their extreme stance.

What is bigoted is claiming all these rights and freedoms for yourself while simultaneously arguing for the restriction of such rights and freedoms for others.

As I said, times are changing: You either adapt or you will just be left behind. Your party, too.
First off, I'm not a Republican or conservative. And it is not bigoted to oppose abortion. And President Obama supports abortion in all cases at all stages. He even voted to legalize infanticide 4 times in Illinois. And remeber the fight Democrats put up in the 1990s to keep partial birth abortions legal? But they never support an all or nothing policy. lols. My arse.

And if you think abortion is okay then you are pro-abortion. And since you are denying the chance for someone to live you are anti-life. No way around it. If you support abortion you support the taking of human life so as not to trouble a woman with raising those pesty kids.

And when did I claim these "rights" for my self while denying them to others??????

And is abortion a "right" lols. It's not. It's denying someone a chance at life because it's inconveinent for the mother. Even though there are plenty of people wanting to adopt.

Of course, anyone that doesn't agree with a Democrat is a bigot. Or racist. Or hates poor people. Or hates women. lols. It's all as predictable as the sunrise. Nobody but a freaking idiot believes it either. And people going around saying it sound like moronic jackwagons.

P.S. You might want to look up the definition of bigot. You are using it incorrectly.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,351,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
It's as if the Republican party is imploding!

Daily Kos: 70 yr. old Ohio Republican Voter: "I
That is because you are reading that Liberal drivel on the dailykos.
The dems are the one's that are imploding.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you want to give someone a chance at life, we need to decide whose life and who gets to make the decision.?

A fetus? A child living in a country we decided to bomb? An innocent on death row? Who decides?

One group has decided that a woman who is pregnant gets to decide. Another group thinks they get to decide for the innocent fetus.

In Texas it is not unusual to execute a person found to be innocent. We've done it a couple of times to people known to be innocent before the execution. We have a law that says if we feel threatened we can kill the person we think is threatening us. No questions asked. If it's ok to kill a person on our front porch, through a locked door, it is an easy stretch to a fetus threatening the mom.

We need to come together and decide when it is OK to kill people.
You have a right to defend yourself from bodily harm. A fetus cannot protect itself from bodily harm.

Are you saying nobody should be able to defend themselves? Don't tell criminals that. You'll get robbed.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM

635 posts, read 539,732 times
GOP really needs to reclaim it's position as the party of rational, limited government... Get rid of the religious nutsos and libertarians... They could clean up, they'd get the independents, and a fair number of democrats who are quite moderate, but find the republican's stance on social issues odious.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea conservatives aren't hateful...look at you picking on an elderly man for calling out what a bunch of scumbag bigoted degenerates the Tea Party are. In his day, lots of normal people were Republicans, now if you are tolerant toward gays and non-Christians, good luck getting elected in the GOP
I don't see much tolerance coming from the democrats.. they are the ones always yelling...We GOP people have an opinion and we have a country that says we have that freedom to our opinion.. the dems are always yelling about our opinions.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
GOP really needs to reclaim it's position as the party of rational, limited government... Get rid of the religious nutsos and libertarians... They could clean up, they'd get the independents, and a fair number of democrats who are quite moderate, but find the republican's stance on social issues odious.
I don't see any tolerance to the Christians who hold to their Christian beliefs.. we are called names by dems just like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies