Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times

Advertisements

I have read numerous times on this forum that some people think an Obama presidency means that he will become a dictator.

Just to clarify: Are people serious about this? Or is this just a metaphor for his policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
NO no no- Obama is not the classic dictator..He is not strong enough to dictate..nor does he have a vision that is needed to dictate...He is very good at being the representative of an elite white committee of dictators. You can't have a full blown dictator in America...the people would not go for it...but you can have a secret committee of weasels who dictate..cos' they will not be noticed.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
NO no no- Obama is not the classic dictator..He is not strong enough to dictate..nor does he have a vision that is needed to dictate...He is very good at being the representative of an elite white committee of dictators. You can't have a full blown dictator in America...the people would not go for it...but you can have a secret committee of weasels who dictate..cos' they will not be noticed.
Well, I don't disagree with anything you've written. However, how is he any different, then, than nearly every President in the last half-century?
I do not recall reading about Bush or Clinton becoming dictators, nor do I read about Romney potentially becoming one. Why Obama?

Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have read numerous times on this forum that some people think an Obama presidency means that he will become a dictator.

Just to clarify: Are people serious about this? Or is this just a metaphor for his policies?
He is an authoritarian by nature, I'm sure he would be at ease if he was our dictator. He's really just too lazy to be a good dictator, he'd delegate too much, and he'd phone it in from the golf course, as he is doing now.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The closet President we ever had to being a dictator was Lincoln. He did some amazing things to our country in order to win the War against the slavers.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
He is an authoritarian by nature, I'm sure he would be at ease if he was our dictator. He's really just too lazy to be a good dictator, he'd delegate too much, and he'd phone it in from the golf course, as he is doing now.
I thought people liked a strong President? I mean, one of the bashes against Bush II was that he was controlled by Rumsfeld, Cheney, et al.
Being authoritarian by nature doesn't necessitate a Communist regime.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
I seriously believe that if Obama gets 4 more years he will have as many more years as his little puppet strings can be pulled, which could be for the term of his life.

I don't think this no name 176 day boy wonder as a Jr Senator that no one ever heard of made it in to the WH all by himself. Some one else made that happen.

His message should have been Hope and Pray, because he better hope and pray who ever is pulling his stings likes him...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I seriously believe that if Obama gets 4 more years he will have as many more years as his little puppet strings can be pulled, which could be for the term of his life.

I don't think this no name 176 day boy wonder as a Jr Senator that no one ever heard of made it in to the WH all by himself. Some one else made that happen.

His message should have been Hope and Pray, because he better hope and pray who ever is pulling his stings likes him...
So, you're saying you think he will become a dictator or not? Because I can barely decipher what you're trying to communicate here.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:

Yes-

1. Fast and Furious with false flag attempts
2. ignoring federal immigration law
3. graning "amnesty" to the children of illegals
3. increased civilian surveilance via drones
4. increased civilian surveilance via Patriot Act
5. Subverting congressional/senate approval of law and declaring Obamacare "deemed passed"
6. Obamacare- forcing citizens to buy something they do not want
7. suggestion of developing a "citizen's army"
8. ignoring federal law in Corzinne case
9. empowering the EPA as an entity to act outside of congressional approval
10. more and more "czars" who are not elected officials

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:

What do you call a President that ignores the laws enacted by Congress, the rulings of the Supreme Court, and the limitations imposed upon them by the US Constitution, if not a dictator or a fascist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies