Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,745,587 times

Advertisements

Remember back to the end of September when Obama and the Democrats were willing to shut down the government to avoid a delay? Turns out the Obama administration knew the website was a catastrophe and no where near ready to launch. CGI noted on the report several times that more time was needed and that the feds to needed to delay the timeline.
Quote:
The Obama administration was given stark warnings just one month before launch that the federal healthcare site was not ready to go live, according to a confidential report obtained by CNN. Another element is listed as "not enough time in schedule to conduct adequate performance testing" and given the highest priority. CGI had no comment other than to confirm authenticity of the report that also gave "the highest priority" and warns "we don't have access to monitoring tools" and "hub services are intermittently unavailable" -- short for the "site's not working sometimes."
Obama administration warned about health care website - CNN.com Here's the link to the leaked report. CGI has confirmed it's authentic. My guess is they leaked it before Sebelius's testimony tomorrow so she couldn't put the blame on them.http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/im...to.cms.pdfBTW- the website is down again tonight. This is the message I got just now when I visited:
Quote:
The system is down at the moment.We are experiencing technical difficulties and hope to have them resolved soon. Please try again later.In a hurry? You might be able to apply faster at our Marketplace call center. Call 1-800-318-2596 to talk with one of our trained representatives about applying over the phone.
So much for the testimony to Congress today that it's working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:38 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,515,353 times
Page Not Found. So much for your thread working.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,249,033 times
Obama administration warned about health care website - CNN.com

City data having their own formatting problem at the moment

Old 10-29-2013, 07:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,055,897 times
Page found. So much for your internet working.............lol

Old 10-29-2013, 07:43 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,068,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Works fine for me.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Links are working fine. The formatting in my OP is a little wonky, but c-d seems to be having issues tonight. Thankfully not nearly as many issues as healthcare.gov though.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:45 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,396,292 times
Nothing that has not been said before, as recently as CGI testimony to Congress. Some CGI CYA. HHS made the decision to go ahead. The political fallout from delaying it would be worse than a buggy rollout. Websites can be fixed. In fact, based on my use the last couple days it already is. It is working just fine, thank you. I'm not sure what all they think they need to do yet, but you can log in, create an account, select a policy and enroll without a single "glitch" coming up. At least I could, YMMV, I guess. So quit yer' bitchin' and go enroll. America's insurers are counting on you*

*if you are younger than 45.

Oh no! I just checked and it is down! Maybe it is Verizon's fault again like over the weekend. Oh well. When it comes back up.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,068,569 times
I look forward to hearing about Obama stepping up and firing whoever is responsible for these website failures... oh wait, he doesn't roll like that. He'll track down and fire the person who leaked these reports instead.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nothing that has not been said before, as recently as CGI testimony to Congress. Some CGI CYA. HHS made the decision to go ahead. The political fallout from delaying it would be worse than a buggy rollout. Websites can be fixed. In fact, based on my use the last couple days it already is. It is working just fine, thank you. I'm not sure what all they think they need to do yet, but you can log in, create an account, select a policy and enroll without a single "glitch" coming up. At least I could, YMMV, I guess. So quit yer' bitchin' and go enroll. America's insurers are counting on you*

*if you are younger than 45.
Not tonight. The system is "down" again:https://www.healthcare.gov/pre-registration.html

Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,706,906 times
From the site: The system is down at the moment. We are experiencing technical difficulties and hope to have them resolved soon. Please try again later. In a hurry? You might be able to apply faster at our Marketplace call center. Call 1-800-318-2596 to talk with one of our trained representatives about applying over the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies