Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 04:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How does the left explain Obama AND the State dept coming out with exactly the lie saying it was a vido if they didn't consult each other. Coincidence? I don't think so.?

The Libyans, the security experts, the media, all thought it was a video for about 6 days.

How could you not connect those dots. We are talking about something that would equate to a out of hand protest in Houston, and an attack on a building related to the reason of the protest in Dallas. How could those dots not seem right?

There are videos of Egyptians storming the Embassy walls in Cairo also, doesn't mean they were terrorists.

Look, I don't think we should have been in Libya at all, and thats what I take issue with. But this monday morning quaterback **** is pathetic.

If there had been extra security, they would have been in Tripoli, to far away to help in Bengazi.

Bad **** happens, we are trying to find those responsible, and learn from mistakes made. Just like 9/11, and heres another kicker, the same people that gave Bush a pass for not connecting the 9/11/01 dots, are the same ones blaming Obama now. The same people that wanted to bury Bush for the missing the 9/11/01 dots, are ok with not connecting the dots in 9/11/12.

I don't blame either President for those failures, they happen, but its the aftermath that must be watched. And 5 days out isn't a long time to think it wasn't related to the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 04:32 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Was there another attack at less distance then Houston is to Dallas the same day?

As has been said many times, hindsight is 20/20. We could say the same thing about 9/11 in the months and weeks after. Bush ignored the signs, but no one wanted the Embassy overrun.

Here's the kicker, all this talk about "extra security", would have been based in Tripoli, not in Bengazi.
You have your so-called facts wrong. We can run 2, some say 3. wars at one time and you are claiming we can't have adequate security for all our embassy's and consulates?

Bush did NOT ignore the signs, You need to bone up on history.

I am more concerned as to what intel did Obama AND the State dept use to come to the decision and stay with it even after it was conformed, to conclude that the attack in Benghazi was due to a video AND claim there were protests that dau, which we now know wasn't true.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You have your so-called facts wrong. We can run 2, some say 3. wars at one time and you are claiming we can't have adequate security for all our embassy's and consulates?

Bush did NOT ignore the signs, You need to bone up on history.

I am more concerned as to what intel did Obama AND the State dept use to come to the decision and stay with it even after it was conformed, to conclude that the attack in Benghazi was due to a video AND claim there were protests that dau, which we now know wasn't true.

No, if there was extra security its a fact they would have been in tripoli.

Should we have had extra security? Its obviously a yes now. But we didn't know that we needed extra security in Bengazi, just "Libya", in which all the marines would have been in Tripoli, a two hour drive and a hour flight at least from Bengazi.

Monday morning quarterbacking isn't going to be any good. If this proves anything, we shouldn't have had an embassy in Libya to begin with.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:45 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ya, she could get a life-long "job" bought and paid like loser Ollie did after Watergate.

It wasn't Watergate...get your facts straight...Iran Contra Affair...

Well Hillary is going to have to do something...or she can kiss 2016 goodbye. There is no reason in hell she will take the fall for Obama.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM

717 posts, read 648,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
It wasn't Watergate...get your facts straight...Iran Contra Affair...

Well Hillary is going to have to do something...or she can kiss 2016 goodbye. There is no reason in hell she will take the fall for Obama.
As neither the President nor Hillary were responsible I fail to see why either should 'take the fall.'

Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
As neither the President nor Hillary were responsible I fail to see why either should 'take the fall.'
Right. He's the Pres, she's the Secretary of State, and our ambassador was murdered on the anniversary of 9/11. They bear no responsiblity whatsoever. It's not like they 're in charge or anything.

Besides, he had fundraisers to attend, she needed to have her ponytail tightened.

No less than under Bush, incompetence is rampant in this administration. Its defenders are simply more likely to shop at Amazon than WalMart.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 10-13-2012 at 05:12 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post

You are kidding right? She is the Secretary of State-and Obama is the President..

Is anything Obama's fault?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
This is the "Not My Fault" administration. They only take credit for good things and find someone to blame for bad things.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is the "Not My Fault" administration. They only take credit for good things and find someone to blame for bad things.
Which puts them squarely in the mainstream of American politics.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Libyans, the security experts, the media, all thought it was a video for about 6 days.

How could you not connect those dots. We are talking about something that would equate to a out of hand protest in Houston, and an attack on a building related to the reason of the protest in Dallas. How could those dots not seem right?

There are videos of Egyptians storming the Embassy walls in Cairo also, doesn't mean they were terrorists.

Look, I don't think we should have been in Libya at all, and thats what I take issue with. But this monday morning quaterback **** is pathetic.

If there had been extra security, they would have been in Tripoli, to far away to help in Bengazi.

Bad **** happens, we are trying to find those responsible, and learn from mistakes made. Just like 9/11, and heres another kicker, the same people that gave Bush a pass for not connecting the 9/11/01 dots, are the same ones blaming Obama now. The same people that wanted to bury Bush for the missing the 9/11/01 dots, are ok with not connecting the dots in 9/11/12.

I don't blame either President for those failures, they happen, but its the aftermath that must be watched. And 5 days out isn't a long time to think it wasn't related to the video.
Obama was still blaming the video on 9/25 in his U.N. speech. Libya knew it wasn't the video. Even CNN was hearing from sources that "from day one we had known clearly that this was a terrorist attack." There was no evidence of anything but a premeditated terrorist attack in Benghazi. Obama didn't want Al Qaeda on the front pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies