Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

I've never seen so many people so happy about bad news for our country. Amazing. It's as if these folks are celebrating this bad news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I've never seen so many people so happy about bad news for our country. Amazing. It's as if these folks are celebrating this bad news.
Never seen so many people be so predictable

Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
[URL="http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/11/bls-fail-jobless-claims-number-doesnt-include-california"]Jobless Claims : They forgot to include California!!![/URL]

My, oh my...

An administration that will lie about the death of our Ambassador thinks nothing of lying about the jobs report.
The sad thing is some people can't see that they are lies. They have no concept of who and what Obama is.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

I suggest that you should limit yourself to just reading and researching until you have increased your knowledge to middle school level.
OMG, you and Dale are so gullible......hahahhaaa I have a few suggestions for you both too Instead of your snarky and condescending response to me.....why not just tell me who he is. Oh but no, you wanted to put me in my place

Old 10-12-2012, 08:18 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is one very good reason to quit measuring the economy by jobless claims because there is a lot of deceit in that. Instead it should be judged by how many people have become dependent on the government, and since food stamp recipients are way up, higher than ever, it's not a good economy.

When the economy improves, there will be cuts in government handouts.
We should be putting out the U6 numbers, because it shows a drop when the economy is improving, and it goes up when fewer people are employed.

The U3 can go up, making it look like the economy is getting worse, when actually, more people are entering the work force and looking for work.

The U3 can also go down, making it look like more people are getting jobs, when the economy is actually getting worse, because people are leaving the work force and giving up on looking for work. These past years of the 0bama economy are perfect examples of the U3 is going down, when the economy is actually seeing millions of people giving up looking for work.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Never heard of him. Is he someone important to this issue or just another blowhard who likes to hear himself talk
And he's Karl Rove's "boy."

Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
OMG, you and Dale are so gullible......hahahhaaa I have a few suggestions for you both too Instead of your snarky and condescending response to me.....why not just tell me who he is. Oh but no, you wanted to put me in my place
Reading the post you originally quoted would be a good place for you to start.

Lordy, my ignore list is growing quickly.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Reading the post you originally quoted would be a good place for you to start.
The usual suspects quick to judge us are staying away from this thread. The ones that are coming here are doing nothing but deflecting and making irrelevant posts that have nothing to do with the OP. They can't defend the fact that they jumped the gun on calling us liars and conspiracy theorists for pointing out that something doesn't seem right

Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Oh I'm sure they will be here any minute to appologize for their comments..
More like be here any minute to deflect, make up excuses or try to spin the numbers to show how they were right all along.

Obama could say there were 13 months in the year and they'd perform mental, mathematical, societal and linguistic gymnastics to claim he was right.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Many (MANY) people did cry foul, including former GE CEO Jack Welch...who was bombarded by the luny liberals as being crazy. Hell, even a high school freshman could see the percentage was wrong because we needed more jobs than they announced just to tread water and maintain the previous month's percentage. It's not rocket math!
Quote:
Never heard of him. Is he someone important to this issue or just another blowhard who likes to hear himself talk
He is someone who has been concerned about our economy and has been vocal about it.

Jack Welch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies