Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times

Advertisements

I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.

She had a good job before Obama was elected. She worked for a title company and made good money. Now she won't take a job if it doesn't pay as much as her unemployment gets her. So she lives in the house her parents own and pays no rent. They kept it for extra income when they bought another house but she and her boyfriend live there rent free. He is a moocher big time and is along for the free ride.

Are all the 30 and under generation becoming like this? All pickers and giving up to work for a better life? I think our country is in big trouble folks.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:46 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.

She had a good job before Obama was elected. She worked for a title company and made good money. Now she won't take a job if it doesn't pay as much as her unemployment gets her. So she lives in the house her parents own and pays no rent. They kept it for extra income when they bought another house but she and her boyfriend live there rent free. He is a moocher big time and is along for the free ride.

Are all the 30 and under generation becoming like this? All pickers and giving up to work for a better life? I think our country is in big trouble folks.

Give somebody an inch they'll take a yard.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:48 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,474 times
Quote:

You've taken one couple and projected it onto an entire generation? LOL.

The problem is with your niece. Perhaps you should find out why her parents raised her to give up so easily and also why she has this attitude. It is NOT typical.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:48 PM

I wish she would take a job.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:

She sounds smart and resourceful...making the best of a bad situation.

She doesn't live exactly as you want her to...what a baaaaad girl!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
You've taken one couple and projected it onto an entire generation? LOL.

The problem is with your niece. Perhaps you should find out why her parents raised her to give up so easily and also why she has this attitude. It is NOT typical.
I am not so sure of that. People will not try until they are forced to try. I feel it is becoming the majority now.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
She sounds smart and resourceful...making the best of a bad situation.

She doesn't live exactly as you want her to...what a baaaaad girl!
I agree she is very smart and resourseful. But I don't know what will happen to her when her parents are not there to support her lifestyle anymore. Picking is not a good retirement program. Oh well, she will be a Julia her whole life but I don't see it as much of a life.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I am not so sure of that. People will not try until they are forced to try. I feel it is becoming the majority now.
"People"? What people? Maybe you're surrounded by losers, or people YOU just don't approve of.

Please show those invisible statistics on "People Who Are Forced To Try".

What "majority"? Your friends???

Old 10-13-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I agree she is very smart and resourseful. But I don't know what will happen to her when her parents are not there to support her lifestyle anymore. Picking is not a good retirement program. Oh well, she will be a Julia her whole life but I don't see it as much of a life.
And HER life needs your approval why???

Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 PM

No, most of my nieces and nephews are good workers and have jobs. I have 2 though who have bought into obama's lifestyle for our young. I am wondering how many others on here have followed suit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies