Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 PM

385 posts, read 615,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She did not work for the extended unemployment benefits, only for the regular unemployment benefits.
Don't the extended benefits end on 12/31/12 anyway - unless Congress votes to extend them again?

Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh yes - the liberal dream - devolvement back to a hunter/gatherer society!
Oh for pete's sake , we're discussing flea markets!

Besides aren't those Repugs the big GUN and hunting lovers???

You forgot about them??? Short term memory loss along with long term memory loss is a bugger, ain't it?

Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
OP said that the parents bought the house for extra income generation.

Where did it ever say that the parents were millionaires?

You know nothing about their financial status but are willing to make asumptions because apparently in your mind anyone who owns a home to generate income must be a millionaire - right?

The problem with liberals like you is that you have no concept of private property. The parents may need the income that the house could provide - but because it is her daughter they are willing to sacrifice in order to ensure she has a roof over her head - one that should be temporary while she gets off her butt and obtains an income that would allow her to rent at minimum a cheap apartment - or at least give a token rent payment to her parents.""""

And that is any of your business how???

It's the parents house...you don't think they have a right to use their own personal property as they see fit?

YOU want government to tell people what to do with their own property!!!

(see, two can play your game)

""""Instead - you think that because the house is vacant it should be given to the daughter for free.""""

NOPE, never said that either...why do you LIE so much....because you are on the losing side????

""" Then you mischarcterize anybody who disagrees with you as wanting "to kill" the woman.

Your assumptions and hyperbole about the situation are pathetic.
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I never said the parents were millionaires...(oh that BIG reading comprehension problem!).....and as usual, the inabilty to follow a thread along in an intelligent manner is so lacking.....tsk, tsk

Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
OP said that the parents bought the house for extra income generation.

Where did it ever say that the parents were millionaires?

You know nothing about their financial status but are willing to make asumptions because apparently in your mind anyone who owns a home to generate income must be a millionaire - right?

The problem with liberals like you is that you have no concept of private property. The parents may need the income that the house could provide - but because it is her daughter they are willing to sacrifice in order to ensure she has a roof over her head - one that should be temporary while she gets off her butt and obtains an income that would allow her to rent at minimum a cheap apartment - or at least give a token rent payment to her parents.

Instead - you think that because the house is vacant it should be given to the daughter for free. Then you mischarcterize anybody who disagrees with you as wanting "to kill" the woman.

Your assumptions and hyperbole about the situation are pathetic.
"YOU know nothing about their financial status but are willing to make asumptions" to suit your political agenda.

The girl is living in the house with her parents' approval. That's all any of us know. Your entire post is useless conjecture.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I never said the parents were millionaires...(oh that BIG reading comprehension problem!)
You said that I was advocating for the house to be used by millionaires and you also said that I wanted to kill the woman.

Get your story straight and stop lying.

Last edited by Harrier; 10-14-2012 at 01:56 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 01:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Haha, you funny one!

There are tons of people on the 99 week gravy train....most of them would turn down work as long as it does not pay at least 2 times their gravy income.

Thank you Mr Hussein!!!

There are plenty of jobs, too bad most unemployed Amerit***s consider them beneath them.

Both parties decided 20-30 million illegals in this country is no problem. So the illegals are doing a heck of a lot more than working on farms. Many of them are skilled tradesmen, working in various skilled fields. Of course this undercuts the base wage for Amerit*** workers in these professions. So of course many Amerit***s are turning away from this type of work. But what will they do for work....wah-lah, they will not work...but get on Big Brother's dole.

Workers Rebuilding New Orleans Face Rampant Wage Theft | The Washington Independent

The politics of immigration are thorny, but it is a simple truth that construction companies routinely use day laborers without checking their immigration status: Thousands of those workers have helped and are helping to rebuild New Orleans.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh for pete's sake , we're discussing flea markets!
We are also discussing free markets - as in she can do something that someone will pay her enough for and use the income to rent her own pad until her garage sale/resale business "picks" up.

This usually called "a job".

Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.

She had a good job before Obama was elected. She worked for a title company and made good money. Now she won't take a job if it doesn't pay as much as her unemployment gets her. So she lives in the house her parents own and pays no rent. They kept it for extra income when they bought another house but she and her boyfriend live there rent free. He is a moocher big time and is along for the free ride.

Are all the 30 and under generation becoming like this? All pickers and giving up to work for a better life? I think our country is in big trouble folks.
Thanks for the chain letter! Can you give me her phone number? I need to pop that booty and a free couch!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
You've taken one couple and projected it onto an entire generation? LOL.

The problem is with your niece. Perhaps you should find out why her parents raised her to give up so easily and also why she has this attitude. It is NOT typical.
While I wouldn't say everyone, there are way to many who do think like her.

The "me generation" is just being carried on.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM

383 posts, read 641,588 times
Hey it's her parents house they can do what ever they want with it. With regards to her picking I think it's great that she's doing something and not sitting in front of the TV doing nothing, like so many of the leeches that we have in our Country. I'm a conservative. Good for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies