Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Now we have a president who is destroying us from the inside out. Obama , because of his own words." when the political tides grow ugly , I will support the muslims. Of course. Obama shows that every day. Obama can't call a muslim a terrorist.
You mean Bin Laden was Jewish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Now we have a president who is destroying us from the inside out. Obama , because of his own words." when the political tides grow ugly , I will support the muslims. Of course. Obama shows that every day. Obama can't call a muslim a terrorist. He had to blame a video instead. And then Obama has the FBI put the film maker in jail.
Obama will not call a muslim a terrorist because his own belief in the muslim religion can't fathom that they can be blamed. Obamas own pastor said We , Americans deserved the hit on the twin towers that represented our capitalist system. Obama is also rooted in black liberation theology which is a hate white belief that whites raped all poor countries of their resources. Obama has lots of baggage .
Seems you continually make a complete mess, with no compunction at all, of quotes...AND taking them out of context to make them mean what YOU WANT them to mean. I'm not so sure there isn't "method in your madness"...

BELOW IS THE EXACT QUOTE (which you mangled so badly above regarding political winds shifting). When people see this exact quote, maybe that will give them a basis upon which to judge the rest of the post.

Did Obama say in his book I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." [Page 260-261] . .

Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You mean Bin Laden was Jewish?
LOL She just horribly mangled the "quote" about Obama and shifting political winds. Nothing unusual for many far right wingers.

Did Obama say in his book I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

Old 10-20-2012, 11:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Well, I'm Jewish and I would stand with the Muslims. People of all religions are protected by the Constitution in these United States.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 AM

592 posts, read 414,944 times
Does Obama seriously think the war is over because he says so? An act of terror is generally unexpected. Unexpected? This is Libya, Al Qaeda's backyard! Duh. Obama seems genuinely surprised. But then he goes on to apologize for the offense caused by the video. So it's the video. It's not any lack of preparedness on his part because this attack was so unexpected because Obama says the war is over.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 AM

592 posts, read 414,944 times
What gets me is Obama being so understanding of the followers of the Prophet when he thinks the video caused the attack. Right away he was sympathetic. So unlike Bush. Or was he misdirecting? I don't know. But even now he can not accept he can be so out of touch with reality. Was he completely unaware of any danger to the embassy? How about Hilary 'it takes a village' Clinton?

Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you're going to claim that Obama Directly called what happened in Benghazi a terrorist attack, you should be able to find a sentence in one of his statements with the words Benghazi, Libya, That attack, Yesterday's attack, in the same sentence as 'terror' or 'terrorists.'

Instead, he did everything possible to avoid Directly calling it an act of terror or a terrorist attack.
On 9/13 Obama was clearly referring to what had just occurred in Libya and he was calling it a act of terroir.

Remarks by the President in Golden, CO | The White House

Let me say at the outset that obviously our hearts are heavy this week -- we had a tough day a couple of days ago, for four Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Libya. Yesterday I had a chance to go over to the State Department to talk to friends and colleagues of those who were killed. And these were Americans who, like so many others, both in uniform and civilians, who serve in difficult and dangerous places all around the world to advance the interests and the values that we hold dear as Americans.

And a lot of times their work goes unheralded, doesn’t get a lot of attention, but it is vitally important. We enjoy our security and our liberty because of the sacrifices that they make. And they do an outstanding job every single day without a lot of fanfare. (Applause.)

So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. (Applause.) I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America. (Applause.)

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event -- Las Vegas, NV | The White House

It’s a reminder that the freedoms we enjoy -– sometimes even the freedoms we take for granted -– they’re only sustained because there are people like those who were killed, who are willing to stand up for those freedoms; who are willing to fight for those freedoms; in some cases, to lay down their lives for those freedoms. So tonight, let’s think of them and thank them.

As for the ones we lost last night: I want to assure you, we will bring their killers to justice. (Applause.) And we want to send a message all around the world -- anybody who would do us harm: No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America. (Applause.)

We will not be deterred. We will keep going. We will keep going because the world needs us. We are the one indispensable power in the world. And if we are going to see peace and security for our children and our grandchildren, then that means that this generation of Americans has to lead. We’re going to have to keep doing the work -- no matter how hard it seems sometimes.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Now we have a president who is destroying us from the inside out. Obama , because of his own words." when the political tides grow ugly , I will support the muslims. Of course. Obama shows that every day. Obama can't call a muslim a terrorist. He had to blame a video instead. And then Obama has the FBI put the film maker in jail.
Obama will not call a muslim a terrorist because his own belief in the muslim religion can't fathom that they can be blamed. Obamas own pastor said We , Americans deserved the hit on the twin towers that represented our capitalist system. Obama is also rooted in black liberation theology which is a hate white belief that whites raped all poor countries of their resources. Obama has lots of baggage .
Rev. Wright never said that America deserved to be hit on the twin towers.

Black Liberation Theology is not "a hate white belief". If it was Trinity UCC would not have remained members of the United Church of Christ is is 90% white.

FactCheck.org : Obama’s ‘Dreams of My Father’

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I better bump this

what is this, like the 87th time this month you've been wrong ?
and the month isn't over!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,718,210 times
The whole Embassy attack debate gets even more convoluted when you realize that the U.S. had drones watching the whole thing and still did nothing.

Christopher Stevens: Ambassador pleaded for extra security in Libya hours before he was killed | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies