Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 06:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Calling something a jobs bill doesnt mean its a jobs bill.. So according to your argument, if a bill requiring people to eat **** every day, but was titled, "Making Americans healthy", legislation.

I guess this means you'd eat ****..

Oooh brother, you guys are a laugh a minute...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, the Super Committee isnt a budget

Here, let me embarass you because you guys say such dumb things.

What part of the Super Committee recomendations, did Obama include in his budget proposals?
Hmmm, looked like a budget, smelled like a budget, felt like a budget, I guess it wasn't a budget.
Quote:
The Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction,[1] colloquially referred to as the Supercommittee, was a joint select committee of the United States Congress, created by the Budget Control Act of 2011 on August 2, 2011. This act was intended to prevent the sovereign default that could have resulted from the 2011 United States debt-ceiling crisis. The objective of the committee was to develop a deficit reduction plan over 10 years in addition to the $917 billion of cuts and initial debt limit increase of $900 billion in the Budget Control Act of 2011 that avoided a U.S. sovereign default. The committee recommendation was to have been subject to a simple vote by the full legislative bodies without amendment; this extraordinary provision was included to limit partisan gridlock.[2] The goal outlined in the Budget Control Act of 2011 was to cut at least $1.5 trillion over the coming 10 years, (avoiding much larger "sequestration" across-the-board cuts which would be equal to the debt ceiling increase of $1.2 trillion incurred by Congress through a failure to produce a deficit reduction bill), therefore bypassing Congressional debate and resulting in a passed bill by December 23, 2011.[3] On November 21, the committee concluded its work, issuing a statement that began with the following: "After months of hard work and intense deliberations, we have come to the conclusion today that it will not be possible to make any bipartisan agreement available to the public before the committee’s deadline."[4]

Old 10-22-2012, 06:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Always someone elses fault.. Democrats must be a victim every day of their life, even when their President. Man, that way of life must SUCK!!!
Your bitter hatred blinds you to a point where you can't even comprehend what you read.

If Dems refuse to work with Romney, then how does that make the Dems the victim? The point is that whichever candidate wins the election is doomed to fail because there is no way the opposing element of the Congress will work with them. I said Romney is horribly naive thinking the Dems would embrace and support his ideas.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Hmmm, looked like a budget, smelled like a budget, felt like a budget, I guess it wasn't a budget.
Thats NOT a budget.. Budget proposals come from the President, not a committee..

Budget RECOMMENDATIONS, are NOT budgets, they requires THE PRESIDENT to act upon them, which he didnt

Obama gave a SPEECH, which is NOT a budget.

For gods sakes, how can you graduate and not know the federal budget process?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your bitter hatred blinds you to a point where you can't even comprehend what you read.
Haha, I'm sorry you equate me laughing at you, to hatred.. I dont hate people who are this ignorant, I feel sorry for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If Dems refuse to work with Romney, then how does that make the Dems the victim? The point is that whichever candidate wins the election is doomed to fail because there is no way the opposing element of the Congress will work with them. I said Romney is horribly naive thinking the Dems would embrace and support his ideas.
Tell me something Finn, every other President in the history of time has had the EXACT same problem Obama has with getting things done. Why do you think Obama has been unable to get things through, and if nothing has gotten done, how the hell can we have record deficits.. Spending doesnt take place without bipartisan support.. while you stand here and whine about how poor Obama cant get things done, the spending indicates otherwise..

Old 10-22-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Thats NOT a budget.. Budget proposals come from the President, not a committee..

Budget RECOMMENDATIONS, are NOT budgets, they requires THE PRESIDENT to act upon them, which he didnt

Obama gave a SPEECH, which is NOT a budget.

For gods sakes, how can you graduate and not know the federal budget process?
Obama's budget proposal:

Four Ways to Slice Obama?s 2013 Budget Proposal - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I ask you once again,

What part of the debt commission recommendations are in the budget proposals?

2013 is the FUTURE, the debt commission was created in 2009. What happened between then and now?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:00 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Right, so thanks for the proof that the Republicans were not capable of obstruction those first two years. So Republicans can't be the scapegoat to explain the lack of a budget. Explain how, since he managed to get those two bills into law that he didn't more of his agenda through so he could save our economy.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I ask you once again,

What part of the debt commission recommendations are in the budget proposals?

2013 is the FUTURE, the debt commission was created in 2009. What happened between then and now?
Nothing, the super committee was an utter failure. Trigger is more than a horse's name.

Super Committee Automatic Spending Cut Triggers May Be Blocked By Congress

Quote:
The original proposal for a commission came from bipartisan legislation that would have required Congress to vote on its recommendations as presented, without any amendment. In January 2010, that bill failed in the Senate by a vote of 53–46, when six Republicans who had co-sponsored it nevertheless voted against it.[5] Thereafter, Obama established the Commission by Executive Order 13531. Former Republican Senator Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.), after his appointment to co-chair the Commission, criticized the former supporters who had voted against the bill, saying that their purpose "was to stick it to the president."[6] In the absence of special legislation, the Commission's proposals are not guaranteed to be considered by Congress in a single up-or-down vote.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Haha, I'm sorry you equate me laughing at you, to hatred.. I dont hate people who are this ignorant, I feel sorry for them.
Laughing is one thing, and constantly calling people names, calling them stupid etc tells another story. It tells more about you, than about the people you insult. Such behaviour typically stems from an inferiority complex. I don't care. Carry on if you must.

Quote:
Tell me something Finn, every other President in the history of time has had the EXACT same problem Obama has with getting things done. Why do you think Obama has been unable to get things through, and if nothing has gotten done, how the hell can we have record deficits.. Spending doesnt take place without bipartisan support.. while you stand here and whine about how poor Obama cant get things done, the spending indicates otherwise..
You still don't get it. I was talking about how Romney will be treated, but somehow it always goes back to Obama. Facts are facts, and no, not every president faced the same problem, because there used to be a lot more respect for the president. It started recently. Bush was treated like scum, and Clinton was treated like scum the last few years in office. Obama is being treated like scum. If Romney wins, he will be treated like scum. Period. If he thinks otherwise, then he is an idiot. This is the "new normal" when it comes to US politics, which is something that has to change, and putting another Bush-Obama clone in the WH isn't going to do it. It will only continue it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-22-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies