Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM

23,584 posts, read 17,266,039 times

Advertisements

obama is completely out of touch....

the CIC of the US forces has no idea what they do.

Just last week a statue of a special forces member riding a horse was unveiled at ground zero.
obama is pursuing Biden's strategy of drone attacks. As such he is isolated from the men and women who risk their lives for our country and the bystanding Euro countries with thier hands in their pockets.

He can't even say corpsmen let alone know what they do.

Obama has no business sitting in the oval office as he is a proven liar which he does when he is not intentionally misleading.

"Horse Soldier" statue stands proud near Ground Zero - News - Horsetalk.co.nz

Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one said there are no bayonets in existence, and no one said Marines do not train to use them. The army gave up training with them. The knife the Marines carry is a nice one, and can be used for many things including bayoneting the enemy.
WRONG.....

Has the Army eliminated bayonet training? - The Rumor Doctor - Stripes

Dang, big john beat me to it...but worth repeating again...

Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,037,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
obama is completely out of touch....

the CIC of the US forces has no idea what they do.

Just last week a statue of a special forces member riding a horse was unveiled at ground zero.
obama is pursuing Biden's strategy of drone attacks. As such he is isolated from the men and women who risk their lives for our country and the bystanding Euro countries with thier hands in their pockets.

He can't even say corpsmen let alone know what they do.

Obama has no business sitting in the oval office as he is a proven liar which he does when he is not intentionally misleading.

"Horse Soldier" statue stands proud near Ground Zero - News - Horsetalk.co.nz
Tell me, just how does the POTUS saying there are fewer horses in the military now than there were in 1917 have to do with the above outpouring of bile?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The US may not have had aircraft carriers in 1916, but the British had three, HMS Glorious, HMS Furious, and HMS Courageous. There are also more horses and bayonets in use in today's US military than there were during the 1930s.
I don't doubt either statement. McArthur jumped the gun when he ordered the sale and partial destruction of the Army's horse herds, and came to regret his rash decision 10 years later when in command of the Pacific campaign when horses and mules were the only practical means of transport in many areas.

The Korean war also used a lot of horses and mules; the terrain is very similar to Afghanistan.

While I'm willing to accept Obama's zinger, I was raised on a ranch with a standing herd of over 200 registered horses, and I've believed for a long time that a few units of mounted ranger cavalry would be a very good thing. Horses and mules can go places where no mechanized vehicle can, and get there as fast, and a lot more quietly. They do not depend on a fuel supply, and can come back out just as effectively as they go in, needing no marked trails. They are equally good in jungles, high steppes, mountains, and all irregular terrains, and they function in all weathers as well as humans.

Given high tech gear and specialized rations, horses present a lot of unused opportunities in both attack, defense, evasion and evacuation. Put night goggles on 'em and they can be a 24 hour fast stealth transport. And unlike a motor vehicle, a good horse will come back when they're called.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Tell me, just how does the POTUS saying there are fewer horses in the military now than there were in 1917 have to do with the above outpouring of bile?
Forgive them. They have been watching FOX, which put a major spin on it, and now the viewers think that Obama was wrong if there is even one horse left alive.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
He also said they don't use horses anymore......but our Special Forces DO use horses in Afghanistan.

Not only that, but Obama doesn't seem to know the difference between a ship, a boat, and a submarine.
Don't you guys understand the word FEWER?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,555,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't you guys understand the word FEWER?
Yes, but the fact is he was wrong:

Sense of Events: Obama wrong about bayonets

We have more bayonets now than in 1916.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WRONG.....

Has the Army eliminated bayonet training? - The Rumor Doctor - Stripes

Dang, big john beat me to it...but worth repeating again...
Thanks for proving my point. The article is in line with the link which I provided earlier, which also said the Army has given up with the traditional bayonet drills. If you want to bicker over it and argue that the army still trains with knives, just not with the knife attached to the rifle, which is what "bayoneting" means, then you can play with someone else.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Forgive them. They have been watching FOX, which put a major spin on it, and now the viewers think that Obama was wrong if there is even one horse left alive.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Yes, but the fact is he was wrong:

Sense of Events: Obama wrong about bayonets

We have more bayonets now than in 1916.
You do understand that we are speaking of actual bayonets, not troops, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies