Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I don't and never have.

And I oppose legalization.

I second that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Last thing you need is a stoned politician. Some goof blowing a dube and thinking that the idea they just came up with is brilliant- it is not brilliant it is a hallucination. It was bad enough when half the politicians were drunk half the time...do we really want to encourage idiots who say " I can really concentrate when I am high- I can really get into my job"---------NO you can't you may not know it but you become an idiot when you are stoned....there are enough natural idiots causing problems with out creating new ones chemically...and yes weed is a chemical.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
The Rednecks are growing it down here. It is the #1 cash crop in the USA.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
People like to make everything a left vs right issue, but this is another which is not. What has it got to do with political orientation? Yes, i know republicans who smoke pot.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I don't and never have.

And I oppose legalization.
May I ask why? Just curious.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 AM

24,003 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Try not to confuse liberal political attitudes with errant behavior. One has nothing to do with the other. It causes a lot of confusion.

I am a liberal person politically, as are my grown children. We all think marriage is forever, parents should tend to their children instead of putting them in daycare, balanced budgets and don't buy anything on credit except houses. We all have been a scout leaders, Sunday School teachers, foster parents, HOA volunteers, PTA presidents, etc. etc, etc. We can't imagine ever getting or recommending abortion, but think that is a decision between a women and her G-D in the first trimester. Generally speaking we believe in leaving everything better than you found it, take some and leave some way of sharing.

To my knowledge it has never been in my house. One of my children uses it. One will have a glass of wine with dinner. Having come from a long line of drunks, one of my kids uses nothing.

We all support at the very least de criminalizing it. One of my best friends is a Republican. She and her R husband use it again, now that their child is away at college.

You might be surprised at the number of people who used marijuana. I was grown when my mom told me she smoked it all the time until she moved in with me. My husband had a boss in his younger days who had worked for General Pattan. That is when the boss started using.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I second that...
Would propose the same question. Wanting to know people's positions for and against.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Last thing you need is a stoned politician. Some goof blowing a dube and thinking that the idea they just came up with is brilliant- it is not brilliant it is a hallucination. It was bad enough when half the politicians were drunk half the time...do we really want to encourage idiots who say " I can really concentrate when I am high- I can really get into my job"---------NO you can't you may not know it but you become an idiot when you are stoned....there are enough natural idiots causing problems with out creating new ones chemically...and yes weed is a chemical.
I'd definitely have to disagree with you on that one. I work on multiple projects throughout the day as well as a lot of physical labor. I deal with a large amount of stress due to my career choices on a daily basis. I use regularly and am still able to be successful and when I worked for others I always received good reviews. I could get letters of recommendation from all of my previous employers.

My past roommate used to use alcohol regularly when he worked from home and he was at the top of the corporate ladder. I think it all depends on the individual. Sometimes substances serve a certain purpose for the individual. Whether it affects their success (whatever they are setting out to achieve) depends on what they are trying to do and how that substance affects their behavior.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
I'm very Conservative.

I partake when invited and have been known to grow some stinky weed.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:26 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
A lot of Republicans smoke marijuana but usually they do not inhale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies