Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But in that article, there was no extraordinary care ever mentioned -- no organ transplants. Just some oxygen, IVs, some antibiotics, and a feeding tube. Her parents are caring for her at home.

I would agree that this little one shouldn't be first on the list for organ transplants -- but that's actually not even apparently an issue. IVs, oxygen, feeding tubes, occasional antibiotics is nothing special.
Where did the $1,000,000 in medical costs come from then? Not just IVs, feeding tubes, oxygen, and antibiotics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Where did the $1,000,000 in medical costs come from then? Not just IVs, feeding tubes, oxygen, and antibiotics.
Probably from her care in the hospital. You know, those over-paid nurses!

Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But in that article, there was no extraordinary care ever mentioned -- no organ transplants. Just some oxygen, IVs, some antibiotics, and a feeding tube. Her parents are caring for her at home.

I would agree that this little one shouldn't be first on the list for organ transplants -- but that's actually not even apparently an issue. IVs, oxygen, feeding tubes, occasional antibiotics is nothing special.
You are correct, that's all the care that is mentioned. However, we all know that oxygen, IVs, antibiotics and a feeding tube cannot cost a million dollars over an 11 week period of time. This baby is very obviously getting expensive, very special care that has not been reported.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
This is a first deny the child care because we should have killed the child in the first place. Soon the liberal will come for the old and sick in the same manner. All these old sick people would not be costing money if we had aborted them in the first place . How about just cal lit post birth abortions because the Nazis had a similar plan
Another in a long, long line of over the top, ridiculous posts.

No one is suggesting that this child be 'killed', just that she be left alone to follow the path that your god has planned for her. Most fetuses with this abnormality are spontaneously aborted - your god's plan for dealing with the severely defective.

How about we just call your post what it is - another agenda driven rant...

Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You are correct, that's all the care that is mentioned. However, we all know that oxygen, IVs, antibiotics and a feeding tube cannot cost a million dollars over an 11 week period of time. This baby is very obviously getting expensive, very special care that has not been reported.
The problem as I see it is more that it would cost $1 million as opposed to providing the service.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Another in a long, long line of over the top, ridiculous posts.

No one is suggesting that this child be 'killed', just that she be left alone to follow the path that your god has planned for her. Most fetuses with this abnormality are spontaneously aborted - your god's plan for dealing with the severely defective.

How about we just call your post what it is - another agenda driven rant...
Why give the elderly drugs to keep them healthy just let them die.
The true agenda posting is pro abortion hidden behind a sick child that is the agenda driven thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
She does not have a disease that can be cured. Her condition is from a genetic anomaly. There is nothing they can learn from treating this child that can be used to prevent genetic mutations.

Any useful information could be gleaned from studying the fetal tissue.
I agree to disagree with you the medical community do have " gene therapy for genetic defects " see the link that I have provided below.

Gene Therapy for Diseases | ASGCT - American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy

Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
The true agenda posting is pro abortion hidden behind a sick child that is the agenda driven thread
If a pill would make this baby whole, I'd pay for it myself.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
If a pill would make this baby whole, I'd pay for it myself.
Yes you proposed to leave the child alone and let the child die

Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
The parents made a choice not to have an abortion and I support that.

But then you get the question of who pays for the care this child is receiving. Should it be the parents given that they made a choice knowing the potential consequences or do we, as a society, believe in a moral duty to provide health care for people who are sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies