Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,276,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
Long thread...didn't read much but whenever the subject of abortion comes emotions go high. I don't care if you're married or not the man definitely has a say IMO (legally or not).

again, if the woman doesn't want to put her life in danger, suffer medical conditions and psychological impacts that could affect the rest of her life, risk death and infection, and the chance that her pregnancy could be ectopic, NO man may tell what a woman can or can't do with her body.

You are advocating for slavery.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Again, the point is about abortion. I thought I explained myself but it seems it was missed. No, your claim that I feel the same about taking away children from mothers and fathers. The point is abortion. As I said earlier, if the subject is welfare, then I can go into specifics regarding men adn women. However, this discussion is about and issue that a woman has the law on her side on whether to abort or not without the anybody's permission. With that in mind I expressed my views. Don't bring gender issues into topic. You also put words into my mouth by stating " you just don't like the idea of taking children away from fathers." Fathers cannot abort and have no say so on the matter so no reason to bring them into the topic of discussion. The same goes with "It is OK when government interferes in women's personal lives......but heaven forbid if the government dares to interfere in men's personal lives."

Lastly, you go into personal assessment. It seems you did not like my views so emotions took the best of you and resorted to personal comments. I just do not know why people do that. I suppose is part of human nature and some have a tendency to do that.
I am a volunteer with Women's shelters, a victim advocate on behalf of rape and sexual assault on call from the local hospital twice a month, volunteered to be an Equal Opportunity in the Army, volunteered to assist victims of sexual harassment cases. My great wife and I raised three daughters. So when I read your personnal comment out of ignorance because you did not like my views, I must admit I chuckled. Don't take things personal when someone is expressing views. That will help for better discussions. Once you let your emotions take the best of you, the tendency is to go for personal comments. Take care.
You can wiggle, squirm and deflect all you want......you cannot run away from the statement you made.

Here it is........OWN IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Here is where I mixed views. One part of me would say that the taxpayer say it is not his choice whether the woman aborts or not. The other part says it is not the child's fault and he is the father.

Also, why should the taxpayer pay? If the woman decides to keep the baby, then she should pay. If she is old enough to have a baby and wants to exercise that rigth, her responsibility is to carry the burden. If she can't and want the taxpayer to carry the burden, than I as a taxpayer that has to pay should have a say so on the matter. I should be able to say she that if she cannot support it I as a taxpayer demand the babe taken away from her and give it to a couple that want to take care of the baby. Doesnt the legal system terminate parental right if they do not take care of their children in many other casees? Why not in this case? Take care.
BTW....do you tell the women in the women's shelters you volunteer at that if it was up to you, as a taxpayer, you would have the government seize their children and put them up for adoption?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,236,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
again, if the woman doesn't want to put her life in danger, suffer medical conditions and psychological impacts that could affect the rest of her life, risk death and infection, and the chance that her pregnancy could be ectopic, NO man may tell what a woman can or can't do with her body.

You are advocating for slavery.
I think a man has a say in the abortion of his child! That's ridiculous to say otherwise. It's a difference between saying the man has a say or a choice in a woman's decision to abort. We're all entitled to have a say about anything.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,276,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I think a man has a say in the abortion of his child!
He can voice his opinion, but that's all he can do. If he wanted to have kids, then he should have been better informed about the partner in which he choose to have sex with. If she doesn't want kids, then its not up to him to make her go through a pregnancy that she doesn't want. That is tantamount to slavery.

Quote:
That's ridiculous to say otherwise.
Till the day a man can incubate a fetus through all of its gestation period and actually give birth, its ridiculous to say otherwise.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,579 times
Tough call because I can picture vindictive females trying to keep the baby and get a free ride or a reason to stay with someone. Can also picture vindictive males doing the same.

Definitely no cut and dry answer to this one. But it does take two to tango. Rock paper scissor may be easiest solution.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:36 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,505,259 times
Men already have a say in the matter, ask the thousands of married moms who get pregnant and seek abortion.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,550,024 times
Don't know if this situation was brought up. What if the man and woman are married, the woman gets pregnant for the husband as part of their family planning, something happens that causes the wife to want to divorce the husband, and she now wants to abort the baby that the husband wanted?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Please tell me this is sarcasm.
Sadly, that's what it was, and if you have your way, it's what it will be again.
The water wasn't always clean or boiled.
Try a little history, it can do wonders.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
Long thread...didn't read much but whenever the subject of abortion comes emotions go high. I don't care if you're married or not the man definitely has a say IMO (legally or not). Women who sleep around or whatever should think before inserting penis without protected sex and vice versa; it takes two. It's incredibley scary how casual some of you talk about the unborn fetus and death. As a former fetus I am pro-choice, but the nightmare of having an abortion haunts forever.

The men I know want a bigger responsibility when it comes to children
Here's a refutation: Welcome to I’m Not Sorry · I'm Not Sorry . Net.

Then the men you know should get pregnant.
Problem solved.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,986 times
When men can get pregnant then men can have a say about abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies