Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I went to grade school in the 1940s and we voted in fake presidential elections back then as well.
The first mock election I ever voted in was Nixon v Kennedy in 6th grade. I'm ashamed to confess I voted for Nixon. The next election I was in 10th grade; we didn't have a mock election between Johnson and Goldwater. I would have voted for Barry. We did have some mock elections when I was in Jr. High, for governor, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The point isn't that they had an election. The point is the results were 4:1. No real election is going to be that lopsided, no matter what the Obamatrons think. The only way it would be tilted that much one direction is if the teachers are either pressuring the students, or have been pushing only one political point of view.
They're kids for Pity's Sake! They know Obama is the president.

My kids' school participated in this program for a while:

In the Classroom » Kids Voting USA

In kindergarten, they voted with pictures of the candidates. There were Kids' Voting "booths" set up at the polling places and kids were encouraged to vote when their parents voted. It was really a neat program. I don't know if they're still doing it; my youngest graduated from HS in 2005. No one thinks Obama will win 4-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Me sees the nose growing.
You have your nerve, calling someone a liar.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,317,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The point isn't that they had an election. The point is the results were 4:1. No real election is going to be that lopsided, no matter what the Obamatrons think. The only way it would be tilted that much one direction is if the teachers are either pressuring the students, or have been pushing only one political point of view.
It's a grammar school election.
You're whining about little kids now?
Sheesh.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,317,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Now, for some, the discussion has devolved to the kindergarten level. Absolutely unbelievable that a supposed adult would think "boo hoo hoo" is an intelligent response to anything.

Congratulations ... you may now advance to the 1st grade where the next lesson is "See Jack Run".
You can say this after posting what you do?

Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM

403 posts, read 868,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
1angrytaxpayer - I guess your name says it all. Can you post the assignment and what the teacher's comments were? Can you show that anyone who voted for Romney was given a lower grade? .
Shouldn't they be graded lower?

Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM

15,119 posts, read 8,667,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The best solution to prevent election fraud would be to end secret voting and publish each voter's selection on the Internet. And voters should get a receipt when voting, so they can check later on.
The problem is deeper than this. Accurate and honest accounting of the votes is just one slice of the pie ... and an entirely irrelevant one unless the choices available are real choices. If all you have to choose from is a crap sandwich on your choice of wheat or white bread, what kind of choice is that really? You're still going to end up with a crap sandwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Since we are in the West and not some banana republic or dictatorship, voting for either party would not have any consequences for the voter.
Who do you think created Banana Republics? Bananas? I tell you this, the only difference between the USA and a "Banana Republic" is that those people realize they're in one, and we haven't yet figured that out yet ... probably because we're convinced that the illusion of choice is real.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Both of my kids "voted" in a fake vote last week at school with their "results" given back to them today. Guess what, it was a 4-1 "vote" for Obama. What a surprise with the Teachers going over the "votes" individually with each child and the Teacher's comments being added. Why isn't this illegal? Politics in grade schools? Really?
Yep. For decades. And schools have been brainwashing for decades. Put me in as another one who participated in a mock Kennedy/Nixon election in grade school. Nixon won by a landslide. Small wonder. The school board was full of John Birchers and the teachers all thought Nixon was going to save America from the commies so obviously there was some heavy-duty brainwashing of the students going on.

(Not quite what you had in mind, is it?)

Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The first mock election I ever voted in was Nixon v Kennedy in 6th grade. I'm ashamed to confess I voted for Nixon. The next election I was in 10th grade; we didn't have a mock election between Johnson and Goldwater. I would have voted for Barry. We did have some mock elections when I was in Jr. High, for governor, etc.

They're kids for Pity's Sake! They know Obama is the president.

My kids' school participated in this program for a while:

In the Classroom » Kids Voting USA

In kindergarten, they voted with pictures of the candidates. There were Kids' Voting "booths" set up at the polling places and kids were encouraged to vote when their parents voted. It was really a neat program. I don't know if they're still doing it; my youngest graduated from HS in 2005. No one thinks Obama will win 4-1.

You have your nerve, calling someone a liar.
I was being generous, if you want to know the truth ... but of course, you wouldn't really know the difference, given your slippery grip on it.

Funny how all of you who choose to defend this nonsense, also happen to be the only ones who experienced the same election voting in school. Big coincidence? Maybe ... but not likely. Now I don't doubt the possibility that those of you who remain wet behind the ears, and attended grade school in the 70's, 80's and 90's may well have experienced this sort of thing ... primarily because of consolidation and general uniformity of elements across the entire spectrum of the federal indoctrination camps. But that was not the case in the 1940's. Now that's not to say that some school teacher here and there may have innocuously included such activities in the normal course of teaching, as back in those days, there was not such uniformed standards, and teachers generally developed their own curricula, but civics classes DID NOT INVOLVE freaking 7 year olds. Politics have no business in 2nd grade ... nor does your homosexual education ... which also did not occur at any grade level when I attended public schools. When we were in 3rd grade, we didn't know anything more about politics than we did about two men humping each other.

So, the basic premise for which I challenge outright as a LIE is that what we see occurring in the public schools today has always been that way. That's the lie you're trying to promote, and it is a complete fraud, and an absolute bold faced lie. The radical changes that most certainly have occurred, decade to decade .... are evident ... they are documented ... and that fact is an unmistakable truth.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:53 PM

89,248 posts, read 45,002,798 times
School kids vote for Obama 4 to 1, huh? Liberals... children... apparently there's no difference.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
Shouldn't they be graded lower?

Yes they should be. That's how "education" now works. One's ability to regurgitate the programming precisely, get the better grades. That's how programming works ..... repetition, repetition, repetition ... repeat.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You can say this after posting what you do?
Why would I expect you to not resonate with comments like "boo hoo hoo" .... I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the two of you might be related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies