Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:55 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Should Obama sign an executive order to send in emergency windmills and solar panels to restore energy to the region?

Cool, he even knows some people that can handle i....oh nevermind, that didn't work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 05:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess the keynote speaker at the Republican National Convention is now a traitor because he believes that Americanlives come first and politics should be put on hold during a crisis.
He didn't give that great of a keynote address, either. I'm just sayin'.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Can you imagine them taking even one into New York or New Jersey about now?
Not really. lol
But, if they were there before that hurricane wind would have given them a years worth of the cheap stuff. I'm curious to see if they would have survived it. Probably not, maybe one would have been on a house somewhere. Yikes.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
If he were really in to "green" I think that's what he would do -- why rebuild with the old ways in mind? Why not replace everything now with solar panels and windmills -- he pretends that is the future after all.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Imagine if our buildings all had some solar panels on their roofs. It'd be pretty damn nice, wouldn't it?
Exactly -- so why not just rebuild using only solar and wind power? Now is the perfect time -- especially since it's Big Government to the rescue that will be spending billions of our dollars on this. They CLAIM to be for green power and certainly the people there would be patient a little longer until their solar panels arrive.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
man you guysw are going tto make us Canadian build another Bruce size Nulcear power p-0lant where it is 8 cores and was the most powerful nulcear planet in North America and was the secioond most powerful in the world then Omtario went green and bought into Solar and Wind now they have the highest power rates in Canada and the U.S.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How did America survive the 200 years of disasters before the fed guv took over?
200 years ago, they were able to get the water out of their subway system by everyone bringing a pail and going to work.

200 years ago, they all bonded together to put the power lines back together so as to restore power quickly, ditto to internet and cellphone service.

200 years ago, they all brought a shovel to clear sand off of the roads and highways so that vehicles, ambulances, and fuel trucks could get through.

200 years ago private citizens and private companies distributed non-perishable foods and bottled water to areas where people were in need.

200 years ago, the private citizens fixed the sewers and water plants themselves, and did it quickly.

LOL..........Things have changed Frank! You cannot fix today's problems with yesterday's thinking.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
man you guysw are going tto make us Canadian build another Bruce size Nulcear power p-0lant where it is 8 cores and was the most powerful nulcear planet in North America and was the secioond most powerful in the world then Omtario went green and bought into Solar and Wind now they have the highest power rates in Canada and the U.S.
It cost more to eat better as well until every starts doing it. Wind and Solar are better for ya. Don't cha know.
Kudos to Canadians for taking on the responsibility even if it cost a little more to do so. I would pay more to switch. I would also donate as I do now for those who couldn't afford to do so.

I also love those communities that set up everything within bike riding and walking distance to help free us of all from that junk in the sky. Planning for the future makes all the difference because it isn't the "what if I'm not here" that matters, it's the "someone will be" that does to me.

I'd say if they can do the switch they should start.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
200 years ago, they were able to get the water out of their subway system by everyone bringing a pail and going to work.

200 years ago, they all bonded together to put the power lines back together so as to restore power quickly, ditto to internet and cellphone service.

200 years ago, they all brought a shovel to clear sand off of the roads and highways so that vehicles, ambulances, and fuel trucks could get through.

200 years ago private citizens and private companies distributed non-perishable foods and bottled water to areas where people were in need.

200 years ago, the private citizens fixed the sewers and water plants themselves, and did it quickly.

LOL..........Things have changed Frank! You cannot fix today's problems with yesterday's thinking.
Not only that but there is a big difference in the "volunteer sector" and the "private sector" now. Food for thought.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Believing Obama has done a good job on the issue, doesnt mean one likes him and they will ignore the last 46 months of failures.
Things have changed. Perhaps you want to enlighten yourself.

Chris Christie Can't Stop Praising Obama for Hurricane Sandy Efforts - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies