Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,089,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Should according to whom and why?
Marriage is the foundation of family which is the basic building block of society. Allowing same sex marriage erodes the family which in turn harms society. When you erode the foundation the whole structure comes tumbling down like the walls of Jericho.

Marriage is defined - it is the union between a man and a woman.

There is no valid reason to redefine it.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 AM

259 posts, read 367,231 times
I happen to have lesbian neighbors that are very nice gals and walk their cute dog frequently and
like with all neighbors I say hi and they wave back. I would bet same sex married people are loving and wonderful individuals. Unfortunately this debate is miscontrued by we who adhere to scripture and God's clear covenant regarding marrige are of the belief that the act of marriage between same sex folks isn't about intolerance, religion (people of religosity get nuts true and non religious seculars voice objection for the wrong reasons). Non gays are frustrated with any discrimination and will embrace anyone and are often coexisters simply wanting peace and nice, but again all liberal for all wrong reasons. Let's stop here and make one point clear. Those who are married to same sex folks and those who want to like "al"l regardless of orientation are supporting evil as good and good as evil. This is a trend that has is repeating itself historically within unrealized narsiccistic societies and in societies that do not share the beliefs of christians and defy that the bible is even the word of God. God and His legalisms and rules are relegated to a dilution factor labelled "religion" by seculars when even Jesus had little to do with religion !! Religious people don't represent entirely what true Judeo christians live by (long story). Generally (not always) seculars,non-believers,agnostics, unchurched (I'm nice and good and certainly don't need church...they bad) not withstanding the gay community (some married) don't share my beliefs period, so I suppose the whole point is moot. Where things get dicey and serious is the risk to the very survival of same marriage proponents. We as christians for example believe we are in the sign and pangs stage of the so-called end-times senario (for those unchurched this is NOT the end of time or the world ...I'm not sure I can continue as its so nutsee writing to nice yet spiritually void people) Anyway, we also believe Gods judgement on America (most recent judgement) began with 9/11 (Isiah 9:10)...nevermind. This judgement continued 7 years later with a 777 point drop in the market 7% there are more 7's ..nevermind. With abortion,amoral life styles ,abused women and children and now same sex marriges we are expecting catastropic events in North America. In closing people of religion ,christians,seculars all couldl be collateral victims of a society snubbing God and ignoring His game plan for life . America is now a red flag for God and He will allow it to succumb to natural disasters primarily. Additionally, pagan countries and unchurched in Japan, Europe,Russia and Arab countries will soon experience His wrath. God is a God of love and a consuming fire . God has like a split personality and the path we are going is drawing on the fire!! As for same sex married remember God loves them dearly but despises their sin. Any one with any brains also should love all people and we are ALL sinners but the degree of sin(s) is/are being weighed ? What I say won't change things and is meant to be a concern and to convey a warning.

Last edited by Rabbidave; 11-05-2012 at 12:50 AM..

Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,624,461 times
Quote:
Have you ever been tested for a learning disorder (or the mental capacity to give consent)?

It has been brought to your attention numerous times that a cat cannot give consent. Two men and two women, however, can.
What does consent have to do with marriage? Why should the state discriminate against those who don't think consent matters? SSM activists point to Nero, the pedophile Roman emperor, who "married" one of his slave boys. No consent there.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,367,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Driving is not a human right, gambling is not a "human right". Buying a toilet that can actually flush is not a "human right" either. Neither is having one of those smart phones or whatever it is you are using now.
Why are those not human rights?

That you so easily surrender your rights doesn't mean that I have.

Quote:
Keep dreaming. But as they say the longer a lie is told, the more people will believe it.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
You want to hear about denial of rights?
My mommy and daddy wouldn't buy me a Mustang when I was a kid. And you think you've seen inhumanity!
What are you talking about? Because you didn't get something that you wanted as a kid doesn't meant that you have to continue to argue like one

Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,089,440 times
Quote:
It has been brought to your attention numerous times that a cat cannot give consent.
Why can't we change the law concerning consent? We can say that because my cat refuses to run away from me - that she consents to a lifelong relationship with me.

After all - you want to change the law to allow homoseuals to marry.

What is the difference?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:20 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,624,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why can't we change the law concerning consent? We can say that because my cat refuses to run away from me - that she consents to a lifelong relationship with me.

After all - you want to change the law to allow homoseuals to marry.

What is the difference?
Considering the scary perversions escalating among homosexuals and heterosexuals alike, which make a fantasy of rape and worse, consent will be the next the next thing to go. SSM advocates have no reason to defend consent other than political convenience.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Allowing same sex marriage erodes the family
It does not.
Quote:
which in turn harms society.
It does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
What does consent have to do with marriage? Why should the state discriminate against those who don't think consent matters? SSM activists point to Nero, the pedophile Roman emperor, who "married" one of his slave boys. No consent there.
I would imagine that you do not want a society in which consent is not a requirement for marriage. Have I made any reference to Nero?

Quote:
Why can't we change the law concerning consent?
We certainly can change that law.

Quote:
We can say that because my cat refuses to run away from me - that she consents to a lifelong relationship with me.
We can say lots of things that are not true. Read through most of the posts in this forum.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 AM

23,884 posts, read 19,070,749 times
Quote:
Why are those not human rights?

That you so easily surrender your rights doesn't mean that I have.

What are you talking about?
So everyone should be entitled to all those things? Really???

You have some reading up to do.

"Human Rights" defined by Websters:

"Rights that belong to an individual as a consequence of being human. The term came into wide use after World War II, replacing the earlier phrase “natural rights,” which had been associated with the Greco-Roman concept of natural law since the end of the Middle Ages. As understood today, human rights refer to a wide variety of values and capabilities reflecting the diversity of human circumstances and history. They are conceived of as universal, applying to all human beings everywhere, and as fundamental, referring to essential or basic human needs. Human rights have been classified historically in terms of the notion of three “generations” of human rights. The first generation of civil and political rights, associated with the Enlightenment and the English, American, and French revolutions, includes the rights to life and liberty and the rights to freedom of speech and worship. The second generation of economic, social, and cultural rights, associated with revolts against the predations of unregulated capitalism from the mid-19th century, includes the right to work and the right to an education. Finally, the third generation of solidarity rights, associated with the political and economic aspirations of developing and newly decolonized countries after World War II, includes the collective rights to political self-determination and economic development. Since the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948, many treaties and agreements for the protection of human rights have been concluded through the auspices of the United Nations, and several regional systems of human rights law have been established. In the late 20th century ad hoc international criminal tribunals were convened to prosecute serious human rights violations and other crimes in the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda. The International Criminal Court, which came into existence in 2002, is empowered to prosecute crimes against humanity, crimes of genocide, and war crimes."

Enough said.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
So everyone should be entitled to all those things? Really???
Who said entitled?

Everyone should certainly have the opportunity for those things, yes.

Maybe you want to live in a world where the government decides if it is ok for you to scratch your ass, I don't.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,141,449 times
mamamia this is going crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies